Thread: Forgotten Canyon / Secret Mesa Canyon

Forgotten Canyon / Secret Mesa Canyon

Anyone ever hike this "slot" canyon? It is just west of Moore, UT. it is about 20 miles west of Moore, down RT 803. It is a part of Eagle Canyon with Eagle being just south, near I-70.

I attempted to get into the slot a couple of months ago with no luck. I parked at the U turn in the road and walked north east to a drainage area. I'm pretty sure this was the spot to enter as described. I managed to get down to around 20' from the bottom but could not find a way down that last 20'. I'm going again this weekend and thought I'd ask if anyone has gone to this area. I know it is a long shot.

http://www.americansouthwest.net/slo...en/canyon.html

Name:  forgotten.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  forgotten2.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  106.3 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

When we went we parked @ 38°53'11.9"N 110°55'10.3"W, (https://goo.gl/maps/fv7Wgqjun1R2), and then dropped in by going straight down. We had ropes so rapped down the last 50 wall, but on our way out by going down Eagle Canyon a short ways from the mouth of Forgotten and found a ramp of sandstone that was gentle enough to walk up and down. We used a handline but it could be done without pretty easy.

Forgotten is a nice canyon. The lower section is deep and narrow but not truly slotty, three or four nice upclimbs, it opens up, but two side canyons have some interesting deep narrows at their heads, and then an upper section of canyon that is slotty and nice. Couple arches to see too

Name:  Forgotten.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  78.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by yetigonecrazy View Post
    When we went we parked @ 38°53'11.9"N 110°55'10.3"W, (https://goo.gl/maps/fv7Wgqjun1R2), and then dropped in by going straight down. We had ropes so rapped down the last 50 wall, but on our way out by going down Eagle Canyon a short ways from the mouth of Forgotten and found a ramp of sandstone that was gentle enough to walk up and down. We used a handline but it could be done without pretty easy.

Forgotten is a nice canyon. The lower section is deep and narrow but not truly slotty, three or four nice upclimbs, it opens up, but two side canyons have some interesting deep narrows at their heads, and then an upper section of canyon that is slotty and nice. Couple arches to see too
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry I did not see it until now, notification did not come through. I drove about 10 miles north of where I was before and was able to get in. Only problem... this put me about 3 miles north of where I wanted to be in the canyon. I did not have enough time to get to where I wanted to go but it was still a good time. I also visited the mining museum in Price Utah. While it is a little long, here is the video.

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post