Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do voters stand on Proposition 2? - Deseret News Poll

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    "Legalizing a problem"...you should trademark that.

I read somewhere that at sometime in the 1800s it was estimated that tens of millions of Chinese adults were addicted to Opium. I don't know if that's true or not, I should look into it...
    I would not be surprised one bit!

In the Mediterranean area, Khat, is another vice that the people often use. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legalizing a problem at least allows you more control the problem, or at least set the narrative... just sayin'

Climb-Utah.com

The war on drugs is over. We lost.

Right now my boys can go out and score marijuana anytime they want. It's easier to get than alcohol. It's so ubiquitous. So if you think any regulation the government might pass is really going to change anything you're deluded. I think it should be legalized because it's already all over the place. We may as well profit from it. By keeping it illegal do you know who profits from it? Mexican cartels. Is that what you want?

I'm a little confused at your lengthy spiteful diatribe @jman. So let me get this straight -- you want to criminalize cancer patients that are using cannabis as medicine?

Why would anyone want that?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    The war on drugs is over. We lost.

Right now my boys can go out and score marijuana anytime they want. It's easier to get than alcohol. It's so ubiquitous. So if you think any regulation the government might pass is really going to change anything you're deluded. I think it should be legalized because it's already all over the place. We may as well profit from it. By keeping it illegal do you know who profits from it? Mexican cartels. Is that what you want?

I'm a little confused at your lengthy spiteful diatribe @jman. So let me get this straight -- you want to criminalize cancer patients that are using cannabis as medicine?

Why would anyone want that?
    Jesus, rock...you sound just like a friggin' liberal. Coming in and spanking him for something he DIDN'T say. Not to bust your chops or anything, but I'm gonna throw one right back at ya...

You want your boys smoking pot?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

BTW...check out the history of Opium use in China. Pretty interesting. The English sure knew how to collect on the addicts.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    You want your boys smoking pot?
    Just to be totally clear... Prop 2 does not legalize recreational marijuana.

I get sick of people purposely trying to confuse and cloud this issue. It's the same thing the liberals do with legal immigration and illegal immigration.

I don't want my daughter's smoking pot, but if they had something like MS or epilepsy and it improved their quality of life I'd be all for it.

Climb-Utah.com

8. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Where I eventually expect liberals to go with those using `legal' marijuana is to stop them from owning firearms.

When you purchase a firearm from a dealer (FFL holder) you must fill out Federal form 4473. Question 11e asks "are you an unlawful user of marijuana". Those answering yes are not allowed to purchase a firearm. Under Federal law anyone using marijuana is illegal.

Anyhoo.... something to think about before using, even if it's legal under your State laws, it's not legal under Federal so don't be surprised if it comes back to bite you in the ass.

YMMV

Climb-Utah.com