Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do voters stand on Proposition 2? - Deseret News Poll

Where do voters stand on Proposition 2? - Deseret News Poll

2. Likes DirkHammergate liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I support the legalization of ALL drugs.... and then tax the shit out of them. Legalizing all drugs will tell you exactly who is commiting the crimes as a guy with a $200 a day drug habit and no job is getting his cash from somewhere. You can also use some of the tax dollars to get those who want it the help they need, that's a win - win - win - win situation. The "War on Drugs" is a fool errand.

5. Likes DiscGo, rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^ Portugal decriminalized all drugs almost two decades ago, and it's working out very well for them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...780.html%3famp
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'm not with you guys on "all drugs". Meth is friggin' poison. No one should be allowed to make or sell it. It just eats people up.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

8. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I'm not with you guys on "all drugs". Meth is friggin' poison. No one should be allowed to make or sell it. It just eats people up.
    I agree meth is posion... but.... We already know that criminalizing doesn't work.

Legalize it and then you can control it, at a minimum you can eliminate the numerous side effects that are a drag on society.

YMMV

Climb-Utah.com

10. Likes DiscGo, rockgremlin liked this post
    I really don't care either way, but next time I hear that Mormons are the reason that Medical Marijuana is still illegal, I'm going to help enforce that opinion by voting to keep it illegal.

Want it legal? Stop blaming Mormons and come up with a convincing argument to sway people like me in the middle of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I really don't care either way, but next time I hear that Mormons are the reason that Medical Marijuana is still illegal, I'm going to help enforce that opinion by voting to keep it illegal.

Want it legal? Stop blaming Mormons and come up with a convincing argument to sway people like me in the middle of the road.

I'm beginning to wonder if you are capable of posting an article about Marijuana without inevitably pulling Mormons into the discussion...

IMO...nothing really good comes from it being legal, aside from lots of new entrepreneurs. It's addictive and expensive. Homeless people live in the bushes near the dispensaries.

This coming from a guy who's smoked enough to choke a goat and occasionally still partake. Before legalization, there was always some guy who showed up at (name your party or event) with pot...the pothead. That's when you partook.

Now I meet friends to bike and they're pouring hash oil on top of the buds before lighting it up. That's hardcore. I can't do that, it'll make me go to sleep.

If you said you might be interested in trying it? I'd say don't bother.

If it becomes totally ubiquitous across the land, then so be it. I'm personally not an advocate for it. If I could go back and vote again, I would have voted against.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

14. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I don't have a solid answer on this; not religious, not super political, not super judgmental. BUT, my wife and I spent some time this summer in Colorado and visited a few "dispensaries" to see about some creme, gum, etc, for our autistic son. What we encountered in those "stores" was interesting. Mostly, what we saw were pot heads wanting one foot long joints rolled for them because they were too stoned to do it themselves and in some instances, some older folks just wanting pain care via rolled joints. Regardless, tax rate for CBD or non-CBD was around 40% to the State. Winner = Government, as per usual.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if you are capable of posting an article about Marijuana without inevitably pulling Mormons into the discussion...
    That's it I'm voting no

PS... show me a Utah Marijuana legalization discussion without the mention of Mormons and I'll upgrade your status to double platinum

17. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    That's it I'm voting no

PS... show me a Utah Marijuana legalization discussion without the mention of Mormons and I'll upgrade your status to double platinum
    This got a bonafide belly laugh out of me.

I'll do my best. I really want that double platinum.

19. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Does that include the comments? I've seen loads of articles about it that don't even mention the church, but the very first comment is typically about those stupid mormons.

I really don't care either way, but next time I hear that Mormons are the reason that Medical Marijuana is still illegal....
    Do you not believe that the LDS Church has an influence on politics in Utah? The LDS Church came out and told its members how to vote (seen here and emailed directly to many of its members). An organization which teaches that whether the leader of their organization says something or God says it, it is the same tells their members how to vote and you don't think that will have an impact?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

22. Likes rockgremlin, oldno7 liked this post
    Sombeech, I already posted reasons in another thread as to why legalization is the better path. If you, like me, thought it was nuts when Bloomberg banned large sodas in NYC, than you should also not be a fan of the government telling you what you can smoke. Doesn't every good conservative love Milton Friedman? Uncle Milty was a huge proponent of legalization strictly on philosophical grounds. I am the same way, but there is also plenty of data out there suggesting that criminalizing has not had any positive effect. I'm with Ice and say legalize drugs and tax em to death. Get rid of the criminal element on the selling side and have tax funds available for treatment. I'd be willing to bet that I have seen the effects of meth addiction as much if not more than anyone else on the board and hate the drug. But having it illegal has done nothing to stop it.

24. Likes rockgremlin, DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that I have seen the effects of meth addiction as much if not more than anyone else on the board and hate the drug. But having it illegal has done nothing to stop it.
    Three of my wife's four brothers are in prison for Meth, two are in state prison and one is in Federal prison. All three have been in and out of prison and jail numerous times and the root cause is always Meth. I've had a front row seat to the problems of Meth for the past 20 years and I can promise you criminalizing it doesn't solve the problem.

When her brothers get out of prison I can guarantee you all three will be back on Meth in less then a year as there is no treatment and no help available to them (at least nothing they can afford).

Anyhoo... that's my experience with the war on drugs...

Name:  meth.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  10.2 KB

26. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Was there ever any doubt?!?

LDS Church urges Utahns to vote NO on medical marijuana
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46419486&nid=968

Climb-Utah.com

My take...

I believe cannibis will be legal nationwide within the next 10 years. Better to approve this Prop2 and force our legislatures to act now to come up with some smart ways to both regulate and capitalize on the issue than to be caught flatfooted when it does go national....

That and I want so much for the church to realize that they no longer have the pull they once did!

29. Likes Iceaxe, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    My take...

I believe cannibis will be legal nationwide within the next 10 years. Better to approve this Prop2 and force our legislatures to act now to come up with some smart ways to both regulate and capitalize on the issue than to be caught flatfooted when it does go national....

That and I want so much for the church to realize that they no longer have the pull they once did!
    ^^^I couldn't agree more. This is exactly how I feel on the issue, always have.

Blog Entries

Where do voters stand on Proposition 2? - Deseret News Poll

I’m always skeptical of every thing anyone does or say these days. My friends, my family, outdoor forums, the news and what I read, social media posts, politics, and especially things that present themselves as facts. And someone agreeing with another person shouldn’t persuade another person but it should ask “why is that person agreeing with them” instead?

With Prop2 and witnessing the dust starting to the settle on Washington and Colorado, in my opinion, all we are doing is legalizing a problem. Remember that - “legalizing a problem”. Quickly, I need to copyright that expression!

Sure, a joint for someone Isn’t going to hurt them one bit. Especially from “infrequent” use. But worshipping, obsessing, creating a love-culture around the vice, because that’s what it truly is, will soil the good of society in many ways.

First, And don’t ever forget, that THC is a MAJOR component in Psychosis! Great...just what we need, more and more people who can’t tell what is real and what isn’t. But legalization will solve that problem though!!

All it is doing is creating more and more people addicted to another substance.

I love the coffee example. Name one person who doesn’t say “if I don’t get my morning coffee I will become an a**hole”. Literally everyone who drinks coffee says that. Lol. And I think if there was ever a shortage of coffee in the world, there literally would be riots and again, literally, murders over the absence of it. Mark my words. “But it’s just coffee”...yeah...sure.

I have seen irate people flipping out at hotel attendants, restaurants, and gas station employees because they were out of this or that coffee or it didn’t tase good, or whatever. To be fair, they were probably irate people by their personality, but not getting their coffee...(their “addiction they can quit anytime”)..definitely fueled that tantrum!

We also saw this with the prohibition of alcohol. Sure, it “didn’t work” as the pro-booze crowd loves to say as a strange mark of victory, but they are quickly silenced when you bring up the never-ceasing broken families it creates, ruined marriages, all kinds of abuse against women and children in their own homes, and sadly rape and violence which is all fueled by alcohol! (Don’t let them ever forget that fact!).

A small anecdote, My own grandfather had a serious drinking issue, (but remember “it is legal” so it’s all good now! ) but he was chained to this addiction. And problem is, he didn’t want to change. He did suffer from depression and had anger issues, but let me tell you, alcohol increased those traits 1000000% percent.

Remember that homeless guy on the street that you gave $10 to? Well it isn’t going to be put that towards food or his housing, but surprise surprise, it will go towards...MORE alcohol! You guessed right? (How did you know?) But don’t you worry your heart at - it was all legal! And double-dont worry! That alcohol tax is FINALLY getting the schools the crayons they need while a broken man gets...more broken. Programs like DARE clearly don’t work...so obviously...legalization and more proliferation of all vices is what these kids need to educate them about the dangers in society about such as addictions. Wait...that’s a weird paradox...

Oh, and the “More mental health treatment centers!” is the chanting you hear while the secret double-talk is whispering “more drugs for all”.

More access to hard drugs, right? Because that’s the libertarian way. It’s your life and you can do what you want....but oh yeah...My taxes will be paying for your “mental health treatment center” because of all the “legal” drugs you did to mess it up. That’s another odd paradox for libertarians to process.

I really enjoyed typing all of that, can’t you tell? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

32. Likes twotimer liked this post
    "Legalizing a problem"...you should trademark that.

I read somewhere that at sometime in the 1800s it was estimated that tens of millions of Chinese adults were addicted to Opium. I don't know if that's true or not, I should look into it...
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

34. Likes jman liked this post