Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LDS Church Meeting Times

Oldno7's post nails it...along with that Libertarian type mantra that I have that says "Don't like it, go somewhere else".

If one goes thru life expecting other people to do what they would do, one will be very disappointed.

Why broadcast the sex stuff? Anybody out there can boink a rock for all I care. If the ones that act like dumbasses would knock it off, perhaps they'd get more respect.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Oldno7's post nails it...along with that Libertarian type mantra that I have that says "Don't like it, go somewhere else".

If one goes thru life expecting other people to do what they would do, one will be very disappointed.

Why broadcast the sex stuff? Anybody out there can boink a rock for all I care. If the ones that act like dumbasses would knock it off, perhaps they'd get more respect.
    But that’s really not how it works, many LGBTQ members, yes they are still members, have some sort of deep seeded ties or feelings about the church. It’s a real quandary for them. Nobody is equipped to deal with membership that is different and still wanting to be apart of it. I get the argument about just moving on, I did easily. Letting go was easy for me. I’m not about to speak as to why they want to be accepted but it clearly upsets them and it’s spills into more modern families.

When I think something is bunk I tend to scoff at it and walk away. Then again I did listen to Russell and a bit of the German. Missed out on the stop saying Mormon stuff though

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    A Rock seems rough boink but yeah. I’d lead with a gospel of Love, you know, like Jesus did??

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    On one hand, somebody, probably Oaks, is the guy to remind the church members of this, just in case a lot of people are getting their hopes up because of some recent facebook polls. If it's not stated clearly, people are going to wonder if the church will start to get lenient.

On the other hand, and I haven't looked through any of his talk yet, but I'll bet he stated that we should show love, kindness and/or respect towards those with same sex attraction.
    True on the first point, Oaks is the point man for Oaks.

On the talk, don't bother Brother.

One of these days it'll be time to stop getting shocked at a policy that has never changed. But nah, next General Conference in 6 months, all the very same people will be like "oh I can't believe they think homosexuality is a sin, I just can't believe they would say that". And then in a year, and then in 18 months..... and the church will be called hateful bigots and then we'll all move on to the next hot political topic that week.
    Yep, that's why the German Shepard needs to take over. I'm telling you, this biz is ending fast. Maybe not in Utah but everywhere else. I actually like Nelson but when you fixate of never saying Mormon again? Isn't that a little desperate or weird?

#GermanShepard

#ServeMeCoffeeandbagels
    #Inthecultrualhall
    #Imightcomeback
    #takeitdown2morehours
    #prollynot
    #letsgoUnitarian
    #meh

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    On the talk, don't bother Brother.
    Well it seemed to make an impression on you, I was just curious what he said.

Well it seemed to make an impression on you, I was just curious what he said.
    Look it up, I’m just going on my older brothers word. Blood is thicker than water. I’m pretty sure you’re fighting an Oaks battle you can’t win. Bother if you want to Brother, you’re best served spending your time shooting drone footage. Peace, I’m sleeping.

I was reading some Reddit threads somebody pointed me to, they were discussing my recent viral video, somebody had posted it there. When they said it was in Utah, there were a few people that said it's a nice place to live once you can get over all of the people saying you're going to hell for not being Mormon.

Why do people lie about this? Nobody told these people they are going to hell for not being Mormon, especially when they just moved into the state. So we can see how there are a lot of little fibs out there, how oppressive the Mormons are, telling gays they need to do this or that. I've heard non Mormons tell me, that Mormons teach each other to not talk to non Mormons.

The sad part is, when there is a subject as truly sensitive as homosexuality in Utah, all of the other lies about how oppressive the Mormons are to others, really just muck everything else up that might be serious. Did you know you can still attend church meetings every Sunday even if you are openly gay? Did you know if you were openly gay, you would have an overwhelming number of ward members making an effort to come and say hi to you and make you feel welcome at church? Of course, it goes both ways, pun intended, if you're an asshole, maybe people won't feel welcome saying hi to you. When I go say hi to somebody, I don't confirm their sexuality first, and neither do most people out there.

No Mormon is telling you not to drink coffee. No Mormon is telling their kids not to play with your kids because they aren't Mormon. No Mormon is excluding you from neighborhood BBQs because you aren't Mormon. And no Mormon is taught - EVER- to treat anybody with any kind of disrespect because they are gay.

If they do, it's because they're an asshole, not because they are Mormon. We all know this though, I'm not shedding light on anything new, but sometimes we just wanna be mad.

11. Likes jman liked this post
    I was reading some Reddit threads somebody pointed me to, they were discussing my recent viral video, somebody had posted it there. When they said it was in Utah, there were a few people that said it's a nice place to live once you can get over all of the people saying you're going to hell for not being Mormon.

Why do people lie about this? Nobody told these people they are going to hell for not being Mormon, especially when they just moved into the state. So we can see how there are a lot of little fibs out there, how oppressive the Mormons are, telling gays they need to do this or that. I've heard non Mormons tell me, that Mormons teach each other to not talk to non Mormons.

The sad part is, when there is a subject as truly sensitive as homosexuality in Utah, all of the other lies about how oppressive the Mormons are to others, really just muck everything else up that might be serious. Did you know you can still attend church meetings every Sunday even if you are openly gay? Did you know if you were openly gay, you would have an overwhelming number of ward members making an effort to come and say hi to you and make you feel welcome at church? Of course, it goes both ways, pun intended, if you're an asshole, maybe people won't feel welcome saying hi to you. When I go say hi to somebody, I don't confirm their sexuality first, and neither do most people out there.

No Mormon is telling you not to drink coffee. No Mormon is telling their kids not to play with your kids because they aren't Mormon. No Mormon is excluding you from neighborhood BBQs because you aren't Mormon. And no Mormon is taught - EVER- to treat anybody with any kind of disrespect because they are gay.

If they do, it's because they're an asshole, not because they are Mormon. We all know this though, I'm not shedding light on anything new, but sometimes we just wanna be mad.
    Anyone want this??

Anyone want this??
    So many question marks

Go thee back to Reddit Somebeech saith the Lord

Letting go was easy for me.
    ROFLMAO

Yeah, I can see it was.

16. Likes Sombeech, jman, oldno7 liked this post
    For anyone that didn't catch it, he restated the part of the proclamation to the world on families where it talks about gender being eternal.

Basically, he went all Ben Shapiro about it. Said that if you're born female or male, that's what you are forever.

Blog Entries

LDS Church Meeting Times

X2.

It’s a strategy former members use all the time: poisoning the well. I have two former members in my family and I and (hopefully) the rest of the family never tell the other siblings of what to do or not to do. We don’t call on them to say prayers or anything similar. Sure, when they are in our house we are gonna say a prayer, but so what, it’s my house. If I went to your house and ask me to bow my head while you pray to the spaghetti monster, then sure I’ll be quiet and won’t rebel or snicker, etc.

At work, my cube mate next to me is a bishop of a family ward and the other cube-mate is a recent grad from Penn state and loves, loves, loves the f-word. Not once, has the bishop asked him to mind his language or tell him he’s damned or anything similar. Do you know what he does do? Laugh at his jokes, says hi to him all the time, doesn’t talk religion with him unless he brings it up...you know, actually be a great friendly person to him.

Remember when the so called “gay policy” was leaked on reddit and former members where doing memes galore about it? There were some pretty nasty ones out there with pictures of Jesus and little kids with the captions of “ewwww...get away from me you little fa**ots!” That was extremely blasphemous to me. But to your point, a person who didn’t know better thought that’s how Jesus and members thought and how we should treat homosexuality. THEY made it way worse for everyone. If you were gay and read that particular meme from that former-member you would be even more crushed and fall into a deeper depression. That’s messed up.

It would be similar to a discussion where you just told your friend that you are lonely and depressed and needed help or something and then your so-called “friend” would respond with “yea, that’s right man! You are alone. So very alone. Nobody loves you or cares about you. Everyone hates you. “. That’s what that meme reminded me of. I would even dare call it iniquitous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

19. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    A little side topic: have you heard the conspiracy theory that the reason Pres. Nelson asked all women of the church (in the General Women's meeting Saturday night) to go on a 10 day social media "fast" is because Pres. Nelson is such a Trump and Kavanaugh lover that he doesn't want LDS women bashing and wailing on social media about the Kavanaugh confirmation? Seriously. This is what a former LDS member friend posted on facebook. The supporting and "Right on" comments from her like-minded friends made me want to gag. The tin hat mentality is strong with them. My friend is always depressed, negative and angry and doesn't understand why no one wants to hang around with her anymore. I don't get people who leave the church but can't leave it alone.
    Are we there yet?

Back on the original topic: I've said this before- I do musical theater so I have many, many gay friends. From what I saw on social media after Elder Oaks' talk, my gay friends weren't "offended" until my so called active LDS member gay promoting friends told them they needed to be offended.
    Are we there yet?

22. Likes jman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    A little side topic: have you heard the conspiracy theory that the reason Pres. Nelson asked all women of the church (in the General Women's meeting Saturday night) to go on a 10 day social media "fast" is because Pres. Nelson is such a Trump and Kavanaugh lover that he doesn't want LDS women bashing and wailing on social media about the Kavanaugh confirmation? Seriously. This is what a former LDS member friend posted on facebook. The supporting and "Right on" comments from her like-minded friends made me want to gag. The tin hat mentality is strong with them. My friend is always depressed, negative and angry and doesn't understand why no one wants to hang around with her anymore. I don't get people who leave the church but can't leave it alone.
    That's a new one. I did hear all about a what a sexist and misogynistic thing that is that an "old white man" would only ask the women to do that, and not everyone.

Those old white men really hate free will and freedom of thought. It couldn't possibly be that social media and media in general is becoming a very ugly and divisive place to spend our time lately. It would probably do us all a lot of good to unplug for a while from all that crap to be honest.

24. Likes jman liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Back on the original topic: I've said this before- I do musical theater so I have many, many gay friends. From what I saw on social media after Elder Oaks' talk, my gay friends weren't "offended" until my so called active LDS member gay promoting friends told them they needed to be offended.
    Exactly. That’s my entire point with the meme explanation above. You just said it in one paragraph. Lol.

People who are actual members and still want to be members, didn’t hear anything they didn’t know already. Nothing new, just re-iterating the point of our belief system currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

26. Likes tallsteve liked this post
    A little side topic: have you heard the conspiracy theory that the reason Pres. Nelson asked all women of the church (in the General Women's meeting Saturday night) to go on a 10 day social media "fast" is because Pres. Nelson is such a Trump and Kavanaugh lover that he doesn't want LDS women bashing and wailing on social media about the Kavanaugh confirmation?

Whu......???

Never heard that. Sounds pretty out there. I highly doubt Nelson is a huge fan of Mr. "Grab-them-in-the-p***y."
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.