Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Mid-Term Elections

2018 Mid-Term Elections

Must be nice to be one person with unlimited funds to push your personal agenda. The infamous New York billionaire Bloomberg is spending $100 million in attempt to flip the house.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/27/bloomb...lip-the-house/

Climb-Utah.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The Democrats made a huge miscalculation in attacking Kavanaugh... they have awoken the Republican base who will now turn out to vote next month.

The Democrats were already energized to vote in the mid term but Republicans were sitting on the couch, that is no longer true.

Democrats have shot themselves in the foot again.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The Democrats made a huge miscalculation in attacking Kavanaugh... they have awoken the Republican base who will now turn out to vote next month.

The Democrats were already energized to vote in the mid term but Republicans were sitting on the couch, that is no longer true.

Democrats have shot themselves in the foot again.

Climb-Utah.com
    What are you gonna do about Women and Younger voters?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    What are you gonna do about Women and Younger voters?
    Mid terms are about energizing your base so they will get out and vote. The Republican base was fat, dumb and happy before the Kanvangh trainwreck.

And FWIW, historically the young are the least reliable and a terrible voting block. Why go vote when you can play xbox?

Must be nice to be one person with unlimited funds to push your personal agenda. The infamous New York billionaire Bloomberg is spending $100 million in attempt to flip the house.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/27/bloomb...lip-the-house/

Climb-Utah.com

This is irritating considering how much good this douche could do with all of that cash. Just think of how many people could benefit from his philanthropy? He has BILLIONS of dollars at his disposal, and probably only another 10 viable years left to live. But instead of investing his money where he could really make a difference he chooses to spend it in pursuit of power.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Kavanaugh slugfest could boost GOP in midterms, as polls show voter interest rising

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kav...nterest-rising

Climb-Utah.com

Mid terms are about energizing your base so they will get out and vote. The Republican base was fat, dumb and happy before the Kanvangh trainwreck.

And FWIW, historically the young are the least reliable and a terrible voting block. Why go vote when you can play xbox?

My kid just registered cause he’s pro Prop 2 at 18. Plus he asked me why so many old white guys yell and don’t make any sense. I call him a dummy all the time but he caught an issue. Downside, he registered at his Mom’s in Sandy so he can’t vote against Mia.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    This is irritating considering how much good this douche could do with all of that cash. Just think of how many people could benefit from his philanthropy? He has BILLIONS of dollars at his disposal, and probably only another 10 viable years left to live. But instead of investing his money where he could really make a difference he chooses to spend it in pursuit of power.
    You may be right, but then you'd have to say the same about all mega donors on both sides. Hell, the old bastard Sheldon Adelson looks like he'll be lucky to make 10 months, let alone 10 years. What does he possibly gain from spending millions on campaigns.

It is kinda strange though when you think about it. Once you hit a certain level of wealth, the prevailing politics of the time have such a miniscule effect on your life, that you have to wonder why they want to roll in the mud. Dems no doubt do it because they care about people and the future of the country, while repubs are just bad people.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Once you hit a certain level of wealth, the prevailing politics of the time have such a miniscule effect on your life, that you have to wonder why they want to roll in the mud. Dems no doubt do it because they care about people and the future of the country, while repubs are just bad people.

Why can't all liberals be like you?

If Democrats fail to take the House in November it will be easy to place the blame...

Looks like 538 gives the Dems about a 75% chance of taking the house and the GOP a 80% chance of keeping the senate. Will be an interesting election for sure.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...idterms-header

He also is giving Mia about an 80% chance of winning, which kinda surprises me. I'm gonna guess that McAdams wins and the Dems take the house, but the GOP keep the senate.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    This will certainly be an interesting mid term.

I have no idea where it is headed but agree with ice, that the Kavanaugh hearing may have turned some middles--right.

Hard for anyone to dispute the Trump/Republican congress success, the Right is being taught to fight( a la Trump) rather than roll over as in the past.

I rolling economy, record low unemployment, Kim at bay, tax cuts, etc, etc

Whether that is where the voters go, I don't know but I haven't seen anything from the left in regards to policy other than eliminate the tax cut and oppose Trump.

Crazy money will be spent, no doubt.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I haven't seen anything from the left in regards to policy other than eliminate the tax cut and oppose Trump.

+1

Do the Dems have a platform? That's a serious question. I'd love to know what the Dems are pushing because #AnyoneButTrump and #NotMyPresident isn't gonna cut it.

15. Likes twotimer liked this post
    +1

Do the Dems have a platform? That's a serious question. I'd love to know what the Dems are pushing because #AnyoneButTrump and #NotMyPresident isn't gonna cut it.
    They don't which is fairly frustrating.

How about run on protecting women's rights, a cleaner environment, healthcare for all, improved immigration legislation, affordable higher education and advocacy for LGTBQ groups?

Not hard, did it in 17 seconds.

Neither party really cares about a platform unless they have to. I mean what was the GOP platform before trump? Basically repeal Obamacare and nothing else. Remind me how the repeal went once they controlled all branches of government? It seems the Dems think that running on anti trump will be enough. We shall see.

I'd like to see them run on the following:

- Seriously looking at a large expansion of nuclear energy to help solve this: https://www.theguardian.com/environm...mark-un-report
    - Quit yammering about bathrooms, statues, and mean jokes
    - Rebuilding our infrastructure
    - Decrease the military budget to sane levels
    - Mandatory kneeling during national anthem
    - Get rid of the FICA income cap
    - Readjust the tax code so no American gets a refund greater than the amount they paid. I am cool with really poor people paying little to no taxes, but people getting more money back in credits than they paid is insane.
    - Welfare reform: Mainly corporate welfare, but I am good with saying no able bodied person without kids should get any form of help longer than 6 months.
    - Legal weed at national level
    - Get rid of private prisons
    - End war on drugs
    - Retire every politician over 70
    - Have smarter people than me figure out the healthcare issue

18. Likes devo_stevo, rockgremlin liked this post
    Neither party really cares about a platform unless they have to. I mean what was the GOP platform before trump? Basically repeal Obamacare and nothing else. Remind me how the repeal went once they controlled all branches of government? It seems the Dems think that running on anti trump will be enough. We shall see.

I'd like to see them run on the following:

- Seriously looking at a large expansion of nuclear energy to help solve this: https://www.theguardian.com/environm...mark-un-report
    - Quit yammering about bathrooms, statues, and mean jokes
    - Rebuilding our infrastructure
    - Decrease the military budget to sane levels
    - Mandatory kneeling during national anthem
    - Get rid of the FICA income cap
    - Readjust the tax code so no American gets a refund greater than the amount they paid. I am cool with really poor people paying little to no taxes, but people getting more money back in credits than they paid is insane.
    - Welfare reform: Mainly corporate welfare, but I am good with saying no able bodied person without kids should get any form of help longer than 6 months.
    - Legal weed at national level
    - Get rid of private prisons
    - End war on drugs
    - Retire every politician over 70
    - Have smarter people than me figure out the healthcare issue

Wow! That's an impressive list. I agree with pretty much every single one.

Tell ya what -- if you run, I'll stick posters on my front lawn of you kissing babies and then go public with lies about the other candidate to ensure he/she doesn't win. And I'll wait until the final hour to release the smear campaign for maximum effect.

The Dems are gonna get their clocks cleaned. That's my prediction. Too much hate, man...too much bullshit.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Wow! That's an impressive list. I agree with pretty much every single one.

Tell ya what -- if you run, I'll stick posters on my front lawn of you kissing babies and then go public with lies about the other candidate to ensure he/she doesn't win. And I'll wait until the final hour to release the smear campaign for maximum effect.
    Sounds good! But remember a successful campaign takes a lot of cash these days. I’ll get the gofundme set up soon so you can get us started.

22. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Sounds good! But remember a successful campaign takes a lot of cash these days. I’ll get the gofundme set up soon so you can get us started.
    gofundme only works if you"re a perceived victim.

Now, if you can only remember that teacher who touched you, you're in....

The less you can remember, the better, just know that it happened and is indelible in your hippocampus.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

24. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?