Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Mid-Term Elections

A couple days ago I took the day off the get the brakes on my work van done at a nearby shop. I was walking home and saw this gal pulling up these signs at a big intersection. She looked pissed, yanking them out aggressively and walking with intent. She was a "hippie clone" as I call them...dreadlocks and wearing the hippie clothes, complete with hemp hat. She looked just like that androgynous person that is in that meme that shows up every now and then. I sat under a tree and watched her...she went to each corner and piled them up, and then got into a blue Subaru and took off...likely heading for yet another intersection.

Crazy people out there, folks. I snapped this pic of one of the debris piles after she left.

Name:  IMG_0350.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  103.2 KB
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What a waste! They make really good backing for targets.

4. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    What a waste! They make really good backing for targets.
    You talkin about the signs or the hippies?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

6. Likes Sandstone Addiction, Sombeech liked this post
    Name:  D6377A18-7086-409D-B902-813B077975CD.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  22.8 KB

Climb-Utah.com

9. Likes dougrz liked this post
    Name:  9623C951-7852-4C35-AE13-69F138C60C05.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  27.4 KB

11. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Well tomorrow is the big day, boys and girls! Let him forge ahead or put a leash on his ass?

I think the Dems are going to get creamed. Between the SCOUS debacle, the "caravan", the roaring economy and the fact that we're not in a shooting war with anyone should do it.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Well tomorrow is the big day, boys and girls! Let him forge ahead or put a leash on his ass?

I think the Dems are going to get creamed. Between the SCOUS debacle, the "caravan", the roaring economy and the fact that we're not in a shooting war with anyone should do it.
    ^^^THIS^^^

I'm thinking the Blue Wave is about to meet the red MAGA rocks.

I really don't know anyone that is worse off today then they were 2 years ago, which means you will be voting against your continued prosperity if you vote against Trump's agenda.

But we shall see...

I'll just leave this here because it puts a smile on my face and gives me great joy....

14. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I always wondered what the 1932 German elections were like. today we get to find out. Not really a policy election, but instead a human decency election. On the issues, I side with the conservatives on a lot things, but the GOP is so corrupt and insane that people will vote D just to try to reign in the nuts. I watched the Fox News sponsored trump pep rally last night, and it was like the bad plot of a movie. The amount of pure bullshit that spews forth every time our dear leader opens his mouth is staggering. But his admirers just lap it all up. I can't decide if they are too stupid to realize he is a lying sack of shit, or if they just don't care. But let's all hope some sanity returns to America and scumbags like Steve King and Brian Kemp go down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I always wondered what the 1932 German elections were like. today we get to find out.
    So my choice is either vote to be Nazi Germany or vote to be Venezuela... at least that's the two messages being put out.... got it...

Now a serious question for the liberals... you spend countless hours comparing Trump to Hitler and the Third Reich... but yet you demand Trump and our government take away the guns of its citizens... so exactly how do you reconcile those two positions?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Climb-Utah.com

I always wondered what the 1932 German elections were like. today we get to find out. Not really a policy election, but instead a human decency election.
    How can I even read the rest of this post with silliness like this.....
    Life is Good

18. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    How can I even read the rest of this post with silliness like this.....

At this point it's like going to the carnival. You don't go expecting to be educated or to engage in intelligent conversation. It's a check-your-brain-at-the-door kind of situation where the most extraordinary and off the wall attractions get the most attention.

I always wondered what the 1932 German elections were like. today we get to find out.
    FWIW - The Nazi Party came to power because the German government (Weimar Republic) failed the people.

So if the moral of your story is that government had best not fail the population it is supposed to represent I get that.... but... if you are just the typical blabbering liberal with no understanding of history I get that also....

lol. The Germany remark was a joke. But leave it to bogley to take it seriously. Trump can't be a nazi. Hitler liked healthcare

Looks like my national prediction is gonna be right. Gop keeps senate and loses the house.

The Duke Kentucky game is more interesting though. My wife’s a diehard fan of big blue and is already saying really bad things about coach K.

Climb-Utah.com

24. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I think Prop 2 will pass. I'll even put money on it. Everyone, and I mean everyone I've spoken to about it says they're gonna vote for it. It has momentum. It'll be close, but it'll pass.
    CALLED IT!

At 12:30am and the proposition carrying 54% of the vote I think it's safe to say it passed.

The people have spoken. It's too bad that the original proposition is now going to get neutered and repackaged into a version that doesn't even resemble its original version...kinda like the King James bible...or First Nephi.

Shoulda put money on it...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    CALLED IT!

At 12:30am and the proposition carrying 54% of the vote I think it's safe to say it passed.

The people have spoken. It's too bad that the original proposition is now going to get neutered and repackaged into a version that doesn't even resemble its original version...kinda like the King James bible...or First Nephi.

Shoulda put money on it...
    Too bad the leg will gut it, because they know better than the voters. But at least it forces them to actually do something.

What we all learned:
    - The GOP is still happy to cheat to win (see Georgia)
    - Iowans are still happy to vote for an admitted white supremacist, though slightly less happy than before
    - 9% of Florida's voting population are convicted felons (wtf?) and are now eligible to vote again
    - GOP voters in California are okay voting for a crook as long as his opponent has a Muslim sounding name
    - The Dems are gonna reelect Pelosi as speaker because anytime you can put up a 100 year old person who is hated by all republicans and 50% of democrats you just have to do it
    - The sideshow is gonna get bigger than ever with dems issuing new subpoenas every week. (Maybe they should hire Chaffetz as a consultant)
    - Duke is gonna win the NCAA championship this year guaranteed

27. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    lol. The Germany remark was a joke. But leave it to bogley to take it seriously. Trump can't be a nazi. Hitler liked healthcare
    It's called being a MAGA Snowflake, for reals, you gotta wrap half these board contributors in bubble wrap and mark them as fragile.

#MAGA* (* = Snowflake)

I consider last night a pretty big victory, 3 of the 4 major Propositions in Utah passed, house seats flipped, still waiting on the McAdams/Love race and if that goes McAdams it'll surpass my expectations.

Couple of other interesting #'s I saw this morning.

- Dems got almost 12,000,000 more senate votes but will lose at least 3 seats
    - Almost 100 women were elected yesterday to the house. Hopefully the plumbing is up to it.
    - I saw an interview with a newly elected congresswoman wearing a hijab. Maybe I am a bit racist but it seemed weird. Maybe it's because I view the hijab of a symbol of how terrible women are treated throughout the middle east.
    - Dems picked up 7 governorship's
    - Dems lost more than 900 state seats during the past 8 years, but picked up 300+ last night
    - Infrastructure could be a bipartisan point of agreement, but with a deficit pushing a trillion dollars, where is the money?