Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GRAPHIC VIDEO] Man killed by Father and Son

[GRAPHIC VIDEO] Man killed by Father and Son

Go ahead and throw those headphones on at work, language.

What are your thoughts? I mean, besides the shirtless spectacle of fine back alley specimen, Of course we don't see the beginning of this altercation, but if you're stupid enough to threaten a couple of guys with guns saying you're going to kill them, you just might want to back off.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

In the first place, who owns the land where this happened?

Second, the gun wielding guys were calm and composed and didn't pull the trigger until after the orange shirt dude threatened over and over that he was going to kill them - which technically constitutes assault.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

It looks like the guy in orange, or the only guy with a shirt, actually had a bat at the end. You can see he threw it at the older guy, likely after he stepped in to take a swing but threw it after the old guy took a couple of shots. I assume it was the younger lady killer with the shotgun that knocked the guy out for the final shot.

I think the shooters will go for the "Stand your ground" rule.

Some will say they should have backed away, but we really don't know what would have happened. They could have been attacked once they turned their backs on the guy.

Plus, they were threatened with their lives, very clearly. If somebody like that is yelling they are going to come to my house and kill me, I'm not going to turn my back and start walking away, assuming he'll cool down.

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Yep, a swinging bat in the hands of someone telling you they are going to kill you is grounds to shoot.
    Are we there yet?

Bad idea to bring an orange t-shirt to a gunfight.

FWIW: Texas has a stand your ground law (Castle Law) on the books. I don't see how the father and son get convicted for this. The shooters gave warning and were not the party advancing. Orange shirt threatened and then advanced... not a smart move...

More on the story here:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime...=.51c6d8c7faec

8. Likes DiscGo, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Bad idea to bring an orange t-shirt to a gunfight.
    LOLed at this.

After this video was released / went viral they raised the bail from $25,000 to $250,000

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...sh/1383106002/
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I'm still trying to figure out why these two were attested in the first place. Orange shirt threatened them and then raised a bat.

The moment he raised the bat I would have shot him also. Waiting until after you have been hit with a bat is too little, too late.

I'll take wages that these two walk in the end, unless I'm really missing something, under Texas law they were within their rights as Texas is a stand your ground state.

Climb-Utah.com

After reading a few articles on this. It appears that the shooters are the ones that were intent on killing. Regardless if they try to use the [stand your ground ] issue. They deserve prison time for the killing. They went out of their way to confront their neighbors by deliberately taking the garbage out of the dumpster and bringing it back to them all the while armed.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Legally they have the right to bare arms. They also has the legal right to "stand their ground" and defend themselves.

What they did was wrong (in my opinion) but I don't believe it was unlawful. The deceased man was foolish (again in my opinion) to continue to escalate things with two men who were holding guns on him.

I was once involved in a misunderstanding which led to Provo Police pulling their guns on me. As far as I was concerned I couldn't be compliant enough. I had a clean conscience but it was still terrifying (likely the scariest experience of my life).

From my experience, I believe this man was a fool to taunt them to shoot him. He was a fool to pick up that bat. And he was foolish not to walk away as soon as those guys pulled out guns.

Whether he was trying to save face, or felt he was protecting his family or personal rights, he went about it incorrectly. He should have gone inside and called the police. Nothing in or surrounding that garbage was worth putting his life on the line.

My guess is that he was gambling he could get those guys in trouble for pointing guns on him and safely walk away. If that is so, he lost that bet.

14. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe liked this post
    The memes have begun...

Climb-Utah.com

16. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    "You wont shoot my husband"
    *Hold my beer...*

Climb-Utah.com

18. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I think it speaks to the shooters' character that they would give the shirts off their backs.

Am I the only one who thinks the older fella kinda looks/acts like the grandpa in The Walking Dead?

What a sad deal. This is the height of human stupidity. Ignoring the legal issues and all that, I see this and it makes me sad that a man is willing to either lose his life or take a life over whether a mattress can get thrown away in a shared garbage can.

This whole thing is utterly stupid. What a waste.

22. Likes jman, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    What a sad deal. This is the height of human stupidity. Ignoring the legal issues and all that, I see this and it makes me sad that a man is willing to either lose his life or take a life over whether a mattress can get thrown away in a shared garbage can.

This whole thing is utterly stupid. What a waste.

Yup. The guy had kids too. And now they get to grow up without a dad. That sucks.

I mean, many people will say that he deserved what he got because he was stupid or that he provoked the gun owners, or that he threatened to kill them, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Regardless.....this guy didn't deserve to die. And his poor kids don't deserve to be orphaned over this.

24. Likes DiscGo, devo_stevo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yup. The guy had kids too. And now they get to grow up without a dad. That sucks.

I mean, many people will say that he deserved what he got because he was stupid or that he provoked the gun owners, or that he threatened to kill them, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Regardless.....this guy didn't deserve to die. And his poor kids don't deserve to be orphaned over this.
    Agreed. If those guys had just left the stupid mattress in the trash and let it get picked up and taken away like the trash does every week, none of this would have happened. It's just a bunch of stupid rednecks trying to control what his neighbor does with his trash. Your friendly neighborhood HOA at work.

I read somewhere that they weren't his kids, they were his sisters kids or something, but he stated that for a more dramatic effect.

There is certainly plenty of blame to go around on this one.

Climb-Utah.com

28. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    There is certainly plenty of blame to go around on this one.

Climb-Utah.com
    Absolutely. All parties are at fault as far as I'm concerned.