Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Is this your idea of intellectual banter? This is pathetic and disgusting. Any respect I may have had for your arguments is gone.
    Good to know. Never hid my intent when I started trolling these three last week. But their circle jerk has been defining this site since the election; I'm just naming it, and no more explicitly than others gifs, images, etc.

If you are actually worried about your sensibilities you should be honest with yourself about that fact. No sweat off my back either way.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by powerplay View Post
    I wonder how the Senate will respond to Booker releasing committee classified (ie not traditionally classified) documents:

Media outlets celebrate Cory Booker's 'Spartacus' moment hours after it was proven to be inaccurate

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...naccurate.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Media outlets celebrate Cory Booker's 'Spartacus' moment hours after it was proven to be inaccurate

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...naccurate.html
    Yeah, saw that update. Hope he wasn't putting too much stock in that for a 2020 platform.

But not quite as misguided as Kavanaugh's statement:

"Filling out the form would make them complicit in the provision of the abortion-inducing drugs that they were, as a religious matter, objected to.”

He was referring to the case by Priests for Life which dealt with birth control, not abortion. That was a big tell. Ted Cruz asking the question of Kavanaugh has used similarly incorrect comparisons and names, ie calling contraceptives "abortifacients".

Not only are women accurately concerned about abortion access with Kavanaugh's placement but his slipup shows he actually grouos contraception in that category.

Damn, is it to late to add odds for Corey Booker's jail time?

Corey Booker 8 to 1
    John Kelly 1 to 7 (the mole will be hanged)

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Good to know. Never hid my intent when I started trolling these three last week. .
    And now you know why your girl lost, she didn't have it either.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

My "Congressional Norms" are rooted in Constitutional/Libertarian views regarding governance not politics.

so you want booker removed from congress?

He clearly broke rules of governance.

You do understand the governance has to be intermingled with politics it works no other way,
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Yeah, saw that update. Hope he wasn't putting too much stock in that for a 2020 platform.
    And in the spirit of the National Anthem thread... To put this in football terms... Booker just fumbled in his own endzone.

ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    And in the spirit of the National Anthem thread... To put this in football terms... Booker just fumbled in his own endzone.

ROFLMAO

Given his odd Spartacus claim it seems more like an old excessive celebration penalty. Just for the lame comparison alone, this was no Spartacus moment.

If his aim was 2020 then it definitely was a fumble. He's hard to read though. I think he cares about his constituents but has listened to the siren calls too much. But I think any WH goals are long gone for him, if he and the DNC are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    so you want booker removed from congress?

He clearly broke rules of governance.

You do understand the governance has to be intermingled with politics it works no other way,
    Keep up, Drunk Uncle. Turns out he didn't as it was declassified before he released it. Was a stunt.

But yes, I am for censuring or more severe consequences when actions allow. But I doubt they never would because it would martyr him which is half the point of civil disobedience. But I'm for consequences that match the scale of the infringement.

Do you think rushing a SCOTUS hearing before all evidence can be inventoried and assessed is in the interest of the people? Do you think they should have greater transparency with the public, ie not withhold most of Kavanaugh's public records? Seems like if you care about personal liberty instead of political expediency then there is a clear answer.

What is your definition of politics, especially the type needed to make governance work considering you want to molotov cocktail the "political norms"? What I have seen from your many posts is a focus on political norms that suit your self-interest and throwing the rest under the bus.

And what is with your odd hate crush on Hillary? She pops up in your threads way too much for a healthy adult. Dude, its been almost two years.

Theres been more documents turned over on the Cavanaugh hearing than the last 5 nominee's combined.

Your guys know they have no chance so they use this to stall, Your guy harry was a genuis.

And eventually it will all turn around again, if you guys ever dream up a platform besides hate Trump
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

And what is with your odd hate crush on Hillary? She pops up in your threads way too much for a healthy adult. Dude, its been almost two years.
    Hillary?

It's not odd to dislike her, she doesn't like herself.

It's not even odd to dislike obama, tens of millions do it daily.(ever try to buy insurance)?

Your probably on medicaid and it doesn't affect you.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Hillary?

ROFLMAO.... Nail, meet hammer.

Hillary?

It's not even odd to dislike obama, tens of millions do it daily.(ever try to buy insurance)?

Your probably on medicaid and it doesn't affect you.
    How much rent do you charge them for residing in your head so much? I don't think about Presidents much after they leave office myself. Don't see much purpose.

And wrong again old man. I'm guessing the only one of us close to living off a government subsidy will be you. I myself have an average healthcare plan through an employer. Buy insurance every year, not any harder to purchase though its cost did rise a few percentage points higher than historical norms since the ACA. Granted, I've also offset some of that loss through a couple of its requirements.

I will say you are like an encyclopedia of dated assumptions, insults and political theory. No one seems to use encyclopedias anymore though. Sad.

Theres been more documents turned over on the Cavanaugh hearing than the last 5 nominee's combined.

Your guys know they have no chance so they use this to stall, Your guy harry was a genuis.

And eventually it will all turn around again, if you guys ever dream up a platform besides hate Trump
    Who is you guys?

Hillary?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

19. Likes Iceaxe, twotimer liked this post
    I'm thinking Cory Bookers I am Spartacus moment will turn into his Bush 41 "read my lips, no new taxes", or Hillary's "Basket of deplorables" moment, which probably cost both of them an election.

YMMV

Last night Fox reported several of the documents in the 2nd batch he released were still classified. Still no Spartacus moment.

Nothing on the scale of those two lines. More like Howard Dean's pig squeal.

Curious, what percentage of Kavanaugh's records during his time with Bush Admin. have been released?

Is it libturd or RINO to care about personal liberty and privacy, asking so I know how to care about his role/statements on Yoo's warrantless wiretapping on US soil. I can just never remember who is supposed to care about Constitutional protections anymore.