Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Justice

The problem is that there are fewer people paying attention to what's really happening then there needs to be.

2. Likes rockgremlin, oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    The problem is that there are fewer people paying attention to what's really happening then there needs to be.
    The election and fate of the country boil down to this.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post

"Dems threatening Scorched Earth"

Oh, well by all means, let's not upset the Dems.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 09-22-2020 at 07:49 AM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

7. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Thinking about some of the contenders.

Barrett: sounds solidly conservative. Will be attacked for her religion and number of kids, which is good

Lagoa: I'm not convinced she's conservative enough. Obvious play for FL Cuban votes

Rushing: sounds solidly conservative, only 38 years old. Worked for ADF, a truly great org. My preference.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    From biden

He admitted the first selection was based on race and gender: a black woman. But beyond that, he would not provide additional details.

“Should voters know?” the reporter asked. “Should voters know who you’re going to appoint?”
    “No, they don’t, but they will if I’m elected. They’ll have plenty of time,” Biden answered.

video

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/21/joe-biden-voters-dont-deserve-appoint-supreme-court/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    From biden

He admitted the first selection was based on race and gender: a black woman. But beyond that, he would not provide additional details.

“Should voters know?” the reporter asked. “Should voters know who you’re going to appoint?”
    “No, they don’t, but they will if I’m elected. They’ll have plenty of time,” Biden answered.

This is EXACTLY how he's treating his platform -- keep it a big surprise until he's elected. Promise the voters that he has an amazing plan for health care and economic recovery, but don't reveal what it is until he's elected.

In other words, he doesn't have a plan. It's all BS. He's flying by the seat of his pants.

His campaign strategy is so far removed from what an average candidate should be doing right now that it's actually kind of comical. Why keep your platform a well guarded secret from the American voter? I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    This is EXACTLY how he's treating his platform -- keep it a big surprise until he's elected. Promise the voters that he has an amazing plan for health care and economic recovery, but don't reveal what it is until he's elected.

In other words, he doesn't have a plan. It's all BS. He's flying by the seat of his pants.

His campaign strategy is so far removed from what an average candidate should be doing right now that it's actually kind of comical. Why keep your platform a well guarded secret from the American voter? I don't get it...
    Well--it's obvious to everyone that you haven't taught Constitutional law for 20 years, like biden.

Interviewer:
    As you know president’s trump expected on Friday or Saturday to nominate uh a replacement for justice Ginsberg, so give me uh a sense from you doesn't he have the same obligation as president Obama did and you advocated for in 2016 to nominate someone, even in an election year?

Biden:
    Not once voting has started. I've taught constitutional law for over 20 years. The constitution suggests that the public gets one chance to decide what the court looks like; that's when they elect the president and they elect a senate.<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; background-color: rgb(205, 205, 205);">
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Well--it's obvious to everyone that you haven't taught Constitutional law for 20 years, like biden.

Interviewer:
    As you know president’s trump expected on Friday or Saturday to nominate uh a replacement for justice Ginsberg, so give me uh a sense from you doesn't he have the same obligation as president Obama did and you advocated for in 2016 to nominate someone, even in an election year?

Biden:
    Not once voting has started. I've taught constitutional law for over 20 years. The constitution suggests that the public gets one chance to decide what the court looks like; that's when they elect the president and they elect a senate.<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; background-color: rgb(205, 205, 205);">

So, how is the public supposed to know what the court would look like if he doesn't release his potential pics?
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    So, how is the public supposed to know what the court would look like if he doesn't release his potential pics?
    Well---I guess if you and Rock had taught Constitutional law for 20 years like biden, You'd know the answer.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

14. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^Because by withholding his list of nominees he is effectively blackmailing America to vote for him. Just like he is with his policies -- as soon as Americans vote him into office he will reveal his domestic and international policy along with his list of SCOTUS nominees....

....and maybe at the same time reveal how he's going to get rid of the forest fires ravaging the west coast, the hurricanes ravaging the gulf states, and the long awaited cure for cancer that he promised back in June of last year.

https://www.cancerhealth.com/article...cted-president

https://finanz.dk/did-joe-biden-just...s-in-november/

16. Likes oldno7, BasinCruiser liked this post
    Comments on the contenders:

Rushing being only 38 might help with the larger, more important demo of single women. Might be harder to bully a younger woman. Think of the hearings where an older woman is easier to paint as a fixture of the past. Generic speaking clip: https://youtu.be/x83oVVINglk

Barrett, a mom of 7, is easy to paint as a Karen-type, baby-maker, disconnected from single women, subservient to others. A large part of the leftist movement is to throw off responsibility and societal duty, and she epitomizes the opposite of that. Age 48. Generic interview: https://youtu.be/EJTRzB2pzmE

Lagoa, as well as helping with FL Cubans, might help with Hispanics in other states, age 52. Much smaller judicial record would be harder to attack, and harder to attack an hispanic. But also makes her a riskier bet, a la a David Souter situation. The one ruling pointed out to show her conservative bona fides is good, but it's only one. Nom to FL SC: https://youtu.be/PZCrIhm0dB8

Eid, I haven't heard mentioned much. She's 55, long judicial record would be easy to attack. Wouldn't help with any demo particularly. Can't find a good clip.

Clips of interviews are important. How they come across is make or break. Not to the Senate vote, but impact on the election.

Given these clips, Barrett comes across the quickest and sharpest! Lagoa and Rushing are solid but unremarkable. I started the post leaning Rushing but now lean Barrett.

Biden can't release his policies or SCOTUS picks because whatever he does will anger half his supporters.... one pick alienates the radicals, the other pick alienates the centrists. The guy is best off keeping his mouth shut and not leaving the basement, which is exactly what he is doing. His handlers are doing a great job of keeping the gaff machine flying under the radar.

Mountain Man
    In this Shapiro video is a lib woman's meltdown about RBG's death. Funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsIKYO_JG-M

Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    In this Shapiro video is a lib woman's meltdown about RBG's death. Funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsIKYO_JG-M
    Boy...she's really going to shit her pants 5 weeks from now. And these people actually call Trump supporters "cultists"?

Funny thing about this...humans have come near extinction several times in the past and I think what will get us next time is sheer panic and hysteria. Like a horse running into a burning barn.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Mountain Man
    Read a comment in an article that struck me. Anti-Catholic attacks on Barrett give Biden the opportunity for a sister Soulja moment. Would he be smart enough to take it?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

This woman is wicked smart and quick and speaks incredibly well.

NBA Players Wear Special Lace Collars To Honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg

LOS ANGELES, CA—NBA players are honoring the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg this week by wearing pretty lace collars just like Notorious RBG used to wear. In a touching show of respect for the late Justice Ginsburg, and in solidarity with her progressive cause, Lebron James and the LA Lakers took to the court yesterday wearing a stunning variety of delicate white collars inspired by RBG's wardrobe.

https://babylonbee.com/news/nfl-to-adorn-all-uniforms-with-lace-doilies-in-to-honor-rbg/?utm_content=bufferad230&utm_medium=social&utm_sou rce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

26. Likes rockgremlin liked this post