Thread: Utah Fireworks Ban

Utah Fireworks Ban

"Let's be careful where we build campfires, let's be careful where we light fireworks," he said.

Gov. Herbert said he had no authority to enact fireworks bans, except on state lands. Local cities and towns have that power under laws recently passed by the Utah State Legislature, he said.

http://fox13now.com/2018/06/28/utahs...n-state-lands/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I think given the extremely dry, hot, windy conditions lately extreme caution is a prudent and responsible response.

A total ban is overboard, but I think restrictions are reasonable...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

As I always say, let's ban fireworks in the concrete and asphalt cities. Force them to go up to the dry mountains and open fields.

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Evanston run...we ready.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Evanston run...we ready.

What the hell?! I had no idea you were such a firework junkie. Did you have a tarp over the top of all that to make it across the border?

Did you have to mortgage the house to afford all that?

Officially inviting myself over for the 24th...

At 7:40 into this video is an experiment to set fire to scrubland in the UK (we have had a heatwave for a while, and even some peat bogs are burning).

Anyway, the video is worth watching through...the bloke is mad, and lives up the road from me!

9. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    Love that guy's videos. I really liked the spring bike one that he did.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    What the hell?! I had no idea you were such a firework junkie. Did you have a tarp over the top of all that to make it across the border?

Did you have to mortgage the house to afford all that?

Officially inviting myself over for the 24th...
    Sorry to disappoint, but that was my bro-in-laws truck. We go over there every year and I think he blew (literally) $1,500 this year...

Sorry to disappoint, but that was my bro-in-laws truck. We go over there every year and I think he blew (literally) $1,500 this year...
    No way in hell I'm spending that much coin in Wyoming if it doesn't include titties and beer...

This year I've found some of those ground flowers with a huge boom at the end. They are my favorite this time. Seriously a huge bang you can feel, but they only work about 60 percent of the time. It's one of those that must have slipped by the rules in Utah because it doesn't seem legal.

Evanston run...we ready.

Man I wouldn't dare to pull that off with the police stings they sometimes have at the border. An undercover cop will look for utah plates in the parking lots and radio the officers on the road. Not sure how much they do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    ... at the border. ....
    What, you have border controls between States? Eh? What happened to the "United" in USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    What, you have border controls between States? Eh? What happened to the "United" in USA?
    Americans are united by most things, but states uphold different laws regarding several things - i.e. Guns, drugs, alcohol, gambling, prostitution, fireworks, etc etc.

For example, most states in the west have legalized marijuana for recreational use (Nevada, California, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, & Colorado). Neighboring states uphold federal laws that still maintain marijuana use and possession illegal. It's somewhat of a problem because people travel across state lines to purchase weed, and then risk getting busted with it when they take it back to their home state.

In this case, Wyoming sells large fireworks that are illegal in Utah, and cops are well known to hang out at the border and catch Utahns driving back from Wyoming with fireworks.

As the US Constitution was written everything not contained in the Constitution and Bill of Rights is the domain of the states.

Perhaps one of the biggest and most important is education is the domain of each state.

The Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, expresses the principle of federalism and states' rights, which strictly supports the entire plan of the original Constitution for the United States of America, by stating that the federal government possesses only those powers delegated to it by the United States Constitution. All remaining powers are reserved for the states or the people.

I think you missed my nudge & wink; maybe not.
    Next week I again return to your uber-nationalised, almost-super-religiously-controlled USA for the second of my four vacation trips there this year.

I like the place and the I love the individuals I meet, but I find that as a nation it is so over-controlled by religion, nationalism (with a capital H) and a rather ingratiating subservience to "The Flag".

I don't even know why I like the place so much. I sure wouldn't want to live there*.

Rob.

* I did from 1993-1994 ...never again. 20% of each year is enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    20% of each year is enough!
    20% is pretty great

Evanston run...we ready.

Yesterday's Evanston run didn't look nearly as plentiful than that, but I think we made out pretty well.

The entire neighborhood was erupting like a legitimate war zone last night. The neighbors behind us had easily dropped over 2 grand on fireworks because the stuff they were putting into the air looked professional grade, and loud as hell. And the neighbors one block over appeared to be in competition because their volleys would alternate and escalate in frequency and intensity. The ambient air was thick with firework smoke, and several times during the night I caught myself muttering under my breath "is that legal?"

In spite of all of the raucous, hellish noise crackling throughout the neighborhood our pets were generally unimpressed. After 45 minutes of air bombing the night skies we retreated indoors to find both cat and dog listlessly asleep on the living room sofa.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 07-25-2018 at 06:55 AM.

Same at my place. It was world war 3. My dog was in a panic.