Thread: Quick Lake Blanche camping Q?

Quick Lake Blanche camping Q?

It's probably been a decade since I've been up to the Sister lakes in BCC. I'd like to run up soon for an overnighter. I remember it's pretty rocky. Can I find some soft ground to stake a shelter or do I need to carry a heavier free standing tent? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    You are right, it is quite rocky in a lot of areas up there. I like the area just west of the 3 lakes, kind of near the upper small pond. Or on the east side of all 3 lakes, there are some flat spots too.

Or on the edge of the most western lake, you could camp right on top of one of the granite slabs. Bring a comfy pad and you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    You are right, it is quite rocky in a lot of areas up there. I like the area just west of the 3 lakes, kind of near the upper small pond. Or on the east side of all 3 lakes, there are some flat spots too.

Or on the edge of the most western lake, you could camp right on top of one of the granite slabs. Bring a comfy pad and you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the exact area I had in mind, lake Lillian, the furthest away as to avoid the day hiking masses in the morning. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Bring a comfy pad and you’ll be fine.
    I'd rather bring a cute blonde to sleep on... but to each his own...

Ten year is a long time, Nowdays you can find plenty of soft ground out there to set up a tent or any kind of adventure activity you like to do.

It is recommended to take a stiffer and heavier tent to such terrain. Because the ground there is rocky and the terrain, you have to be very careful. I always take a flashlight with me when I go camping. You can take any, but I would recommend https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlig.../dp/B089T8HDBV. I'm planning on going there myself next week. And don't forget to bring a sleeping bag. It can get very cold there at night. Best of luck!