Thread: Alleged intruder fatally shot at West Jordan home, police say

Alleged intruder fatally shot at West Jordan home, police say

WEST JORDAN — A woman who reportedly broke into a home in West Jordan early Friday morning was shot and killed, police said.

A 26-year-old man inside the home near 6800 West and 7600 South heard dogs barking and the garage door opening about 5:30 a.m., according to West Jordan police officer Scott List. The resident went downstairs to investigate and found the woman.

Police are investigating whether an altercation took place. The resident then shot the woman and she died from the injury, according to List.

Investigators are working to identify the woman and find out if she had any accomplices.

Two other adults and a child were also asleep inside the home at the time of the shooting but no other injuries were reported, List said.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46337173

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

She probably broken in to steal his mountain bike, those things are disappearing from garages faster then donuts at a fat camp.

4. Likes tallsteve liked this post
    Mother of woman killed in West Jordan home invasion says daughter didn't have to die

The mother of an intruder shot and killed by a homeowner in West Jordan believes her daughter didn’t need to die.

Makayla Yeaman, 23, was shot and killed at 5:30 a.m. on Friday after police say she broke into a home near 7600 South and 6800 West and confronted a homeowner.

Police say the homeowner was protecting his wife, child and mother, who were inside the home, when he grabbed his gun and went downstairs after hearing his garage door open and someone in the house.

“He found a female inside his home, there was some type of altercation, and he fired as least one shot,” said Officer Scott List with the West Jordan Police Department. “Obviously, a citizen of Utah has a right to defend his property.”

But Yeaman’s mother, LeeAnn, told 2News that her daughter was homeless, had a serious drug problem, and was probably just seeking shelter or food.

“I understand there are Second Amendment rights, but she is just a 100-pound girl that needed help," Yeaman said. "He screamed at her and then shot her — that doesn’t make sense to me. His family was never in danger. She probably had to go to the bathroom or was hungry or cold...she’s a beautiful young baby who is really sick.”

But some residents stand by their neighbor and the actions he took.

“I don’t think he had a choice," said Lisa Lee, a neighbor. "I think it’s really unfortunate that it happened, but if it were my house and with my kids inside, I wouldn’t hesitate."

http://kutv.com/news/local/mother-of...nt-have-to-die

@Sombeech catch this officers name?

Scott List! I'll have to shoot, um I mean send him a text

I'm sorry.... but some people are just a waste of good air.

YMMV