Thread: Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

What do you have planned?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Stay home and give the middle finger to all of the masses who will be overcrowding the interstate in the mad dash to get out of town.

At 3:00pm yesterday it took me close to two hours to go from Farmington to Ogden on I-15. Three accidents, two flat tires, and some hit and run victim blocking the passing lane slowed everything down to an excruciating 5mph crawl.

No thanks.

I've got some bitchin plans for the two weeks after the holiday though.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

It took us an extra hour to get to Logan on Friday. What a mess. Glad we came back on Saturday night. Great to be with family, but I do not enjoy the crowds.

Just back from spending two solid weeks out in the desert baked by the sun and covered in dust. Now it's time to clean up the mess (my truck, my gear, my bikes, my clothes) and work my ass off for the next 2-3 months.

Been mighty dry out there...not a drop of rain during the whole time. Moab and North Wash, Powell, White Canyon.

The Black Hole was great...not too low on water and no logs. We had one gal go thru it without a wetsuit...plenty of swimming and she only got chilled towards the end. She had a suit but didn't put it on. Did it in 6 hrs at a leisure pace.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

6. Likes 2065toyota, jman, accadacca liked this post
    We drove down to California for my daughters med school graduation. Our plan was to spend Friday night in St. George with our good friends, who have a guest room in their new house. Early Friday morning we got word that our 3rd grandbaby had been born so we changed up our plans a bit. Since we had to go to the Mt. Pleasant hospital to see the new little one, we decided we might as well just drive all the way down Hwy 89, with a quick jaunt over to Bryce Canyon. For as long as I've lived in Utah I have never actually been inside the park. Go figure. Anyway, we got to the park around noon. It was crowded but, not overly so. We were able to find parking each place we stopped. On the way out, we had lunch at Ruby's Inn, then drove to St. George via the east end of Zion. Zion was a bit nuts. We had no plans to stop within the park though, so no big deal.
    We got up early Saturday morning and headed out for Cali. Traffic from Vegas to our destination in Redlands was heavy. I never could put the car in cruise control. Frustrating. Not as heavy as the traffic going from LA to Vegas, though. It looked liked everyone was going to Vegas for the long weekend. Lots of places where the west to east traffic was stop and go on I-15. Why on earth California doesn't have 3 lanes in each direction to the Nevada border is beyond me. Anyway, we left Redlands Sunday afternoon around 1:30. Again, the traffic going our direction was heavy but not near as bad as the traffic coming back to LA from Vegas. That fruit declaration / inspection place just to the east of Baker was crazy backed up. I'd guess 5-6 miles of bumper to bumper stop and go traffic. Those poor people.
    We spent Sunday night in St. George again and left yesterday morning at 7:30am. Traffic from St. George to Payson was non-existent. The lightest I have ever seen. I'm guessing traffic in the afternoon was bad. Glad we missed it.

Name:  33617027_10216823494524589_8989554240598835200_n.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  110.5 KB
    Are we there yet?

8. Likes Sandstone Addiction, accadacca liked this post
    I took my hiking companion deep into the desert to explore an area we have been thinking about for awhile....Didn't see a single human but her for four days....

She keep leaving her bare breast at ever place we stopped.......

Name:  IMG_1462.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  54.2 KB

10. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Name:  IMG_7017.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  129.4 KB
    Green River Lakes

12. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    7 Hour drive to/from Breckenridge Colorado. Fabulous extended weekend!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

14. Likes accadacca liked this post