Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LDS Church announces split with Boy Scouts of America

LDS Church develops new youth initiative following split from Boy Scouts

(KUTV) -- Since the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced it would end its affiliation with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA), the Church has come up with a new curriculum for its youth.

A new Children and Youth Development Initiative will begin in January 2020.

Although there are few details about the specifics of the program, the Church has confirmed on its website that youth will continue to do camps and outdoor activities, like in they did in scouting.

But, local church leaders, youth and parents will find and execute outdoor activities that meet the needs of the people in each particular group.

The new initiative will focus more on learning the gospel, building relationships and strengthening faith among the youth.

Activities that local leaders will plan will be based on needs, rather than requirements, according to lds.org.

The decision to end the century old relationship came in 2015 after the BSA decided to allow gay troop leaders and announced last year it would allow girls in the ranks.

The Church and the BSA released a joint statement:

We have jointly determined that, effective on December 31, 2019, the Church will conclude its relationship as a chartered organization with all Scouting programs around the world. Until that date, to allow for an orderly transition, the intention of the Church is to remain a fully engaged partner in Scouting for boys and young men ages 8–13 and encourages all youth, families, and leaders to continue their active participation and financial support.

https://kutv.com/news/local/what-nex...rom-boy-scouts

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    LDS Church develops new youth initiative following split from Boy Scouts

(KUTV) -- Since the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced it would end its affiliation with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA), the Church has come up with a new curriculum for its youth.

A new Children and Youth Development Initiative will begin in January 2020.

Although there are few details about the specifics of the program, the Church has confirmed on its website that youth will continue to do camps and outdoor activities, like in they did in scouting.

But, local church leaders, youth and parents will find and execute outdoor activities that meet the needs of the people in each particular group.

The new initiative will focus more on learning the gospel, building relationships and strengthening faith among the youth.

Activities that local leaders will plan will be based on needs, rather than requirements, according to lds.org.

The decision to end the century old relationship came in 2015 after the BSA decided to allow gay troop leaders and announced last year it would allow girls in the ranks.

The Church and the BSA released a joint statement:

We have jointly determined that, effective on December 31, 2019, the Church will conclude its relationship as a chartered organization with all Scouting programs around the world. Until that date, to allow for an orderly transition, the intention of the Church is to remain a fully engaged partner in Scouting for boys and young men ages 8–13 and encourages all youth, families, and leaders to continue their active participation and financial support.

https://kutv.com/news/local/what-nex...rom-boy-scouts
    Cool, super duper white Dudes called of God with mba’s got this. Super duper!!

LDS Church announces split with Boy Scouts of America

Boy Scouts of America has retained the services of a law firm and is exploring the option of filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.

http://nbcbay.com/QP2J43E

Does this have anything to do with them being forced to have queers looking after the boys? Seriously...isn't that the kingpin for all this?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

DSA is still a year away from the LDS pull out... If they are having cash troubles now, they are really going to hurt when their membership drops by 1/3 overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    DSA is still a year away from the LDS pull out... If they are having cash troubles now, they are really going to hurt when their membership drops by 1/3 overnight.
    I suspect that this is a tactic to dump debt before they lose all those scouts and all that money.

I'm curious what'll happen to all of the scout camps around here once the church is out. You know they won't have to money to maintain all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    I'm curious what'll happen to all of the scout camps around here once the church is out. You know they won't have to money to maintain all that stuff.
    I'll bet the LDS Church would buy a lot of it up. Then again, there are untold acres of property already owned by the church that isn't being used yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'll bet the LDS Church would buy a lot of it up. Then again, there are untold acres of property already owned by the church that isn't being used yet.
    I thought the same thing at first, but I'm not sure that'll happen. I know a lot of them are on leased Forest Service land, so I'd imagine they would simply terminate the leases and return the land to the Forest Service.

The others are going to be in trouble though. They'd have to be sold or something. I know that sometime early next year, they are going to consolidate three districts into one from southern Idaho all the way to Clearfield/Roy area. All I know for sure is that in Brigham City alone, they will go from 35-40 troops down to 1 or maybe 2 if they get enough people to sign up for the community troop. You can't take a hit like that everywhere and stay afloat for long.

While I was at Camp Maple Dell last summer, I was talking to one of the staff members and he said that the last week of the camp season was a girls camp. Apparently 2 stakes paid them to host the event with 1 stake on Monday thru Wednesday and the next from Thursday thru Saturday. He said that the girls love it because they can participate in all the water activities along with the shooting sports and all the rest of the activities that the boys have been enjoying all these years.

So maybe this might be an option to help keep the camps going in the future?

Well the Girl Scouts organization is still doing ok, right? They may even do better after BSA goes away and they get their girls back that the BSA tried to steal away.

13. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post

So maybe this might be an option to help keep the camps going in the future?
    The church will likely steal the land from the US government, hi fence it and have underaged kids grow and harvest medical marijuana.(just a guess based on facts submitted on bogley)

and most likely--produce and manufacture, on site, their own brand of pot needles, (I don't think this was covered under prop II)
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

15. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Truth...

Climb-Utah.com

Hundreds of former Boy Scouts reveal new sexual abuse claims, exposing 150 alleged pedophiles

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ms/3547991002/

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Hundreds of former Boy Scouts reveal new sexual abuse claims, exposing 150 alleged pedophiles

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ms/3547991002/

Is there a statute of limitations for sexual assault?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Is there a statute of limitations for sexual assault?