Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Ever Called the Cops on Your Neighbors?

Poll: Ever Called the Cops on Your Neighbors?

I called the cops about a barking dog once. Another time I thought about it when I had a drunk neighbor (across the street) vacuuming his boat at 1 am and playing loud music. This guy was a notorious drunk jackass that often argued loudly with his wife. I went over that night (and after he got smart with me) I told him I would kick his f%#$’in ass if he didn’t turn that shit off right now. I walked away and you could hear a pin drop the rest of the night. He never did it again.

That was 10 years ago in my old neighborhood and I kinda miss those exciting nights.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ROFLMAO... you guys crack me up, maybe because I'm the guy in the neighborhood that is always throwing wild parties and making noise whenever the urge strikes.

If it's too loud, you're too old....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ROFLMAO... you guys crack me up, maybe because I'm the guy in the neighborhood that is always throwing wild parties and making noise whenever the urge strikes.

If it's too loud, you're too old..
    Damn, why didn't I think of that at 12:30 when my kids came stumbling downstairs complaining that they couldn't sleep because of all the noise?

"Dad, I can't sleep because the neighbors are too loud."

"Go back to bed. The neighbors are entitled to make noise all night if they want. If I say or do anything to intervene I'll be labeled an old party pooper, and I just can't have that."

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Damn, why didn't I think of that at 12:30 when my kids came stumbling downstairs complaining that they couldn't sleep because of all the noise?

"Dad, I can't sleep because the neighbors are too loud."

"Go back to bed. The neighbors are entitled to make noise all night if they want. If I say or do anything to intervene I'll be labeled an old party pooper, and I just can't have that."

Tell your kids to suck it up. If a little noise at night once or twice a year is the worst thing they have to deal with they are truly blessed.

This thread should probably be merged into the "First World Problems" thread.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Oh just invite yourself over next time and drink all of the booze, make it known your excitement and anticipation for the next party too, they'll soon change locations

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I called the cops about a barking dog once. Another time I thought about it when I had a drunk neighbor (across the street) vacuuming his boat at 1 am and playing loud music. This guy was a notorious drunk jackass that often argued loudly with his wife. I went over that night (and after he got smart with me) I told him I would kick his f%#$’in ass if he didn’t turn that shit off right now. I walked away and you could hear a pin drop the rest of the night. He never did it again.

That was 10 years ago in my old neighborhood and I kinda miss those exciting nights.
    You could nip back there one quiet night with a bottle in hand, knock politely on the door and remind him who you are and offer the hand of friendship if he would wind up that music "one more time", "for old time's sake", "Hey, for the good old days", "take a swig of my whisky" kind of thing.

No?

Poll: Ever Called the Cops on Your Neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    You could nip back there one quiet night with a bottle in hand, knock politely on the door and remind him who you are and offer the hand of friendship if he would wind up that music "one more time", "for old time's sake", "Hey, for the good old days", "take a swig of my whisky" kind of thing.

No?
    He’s divorced and moved out. Probably living out in his van now...down by the river. Ha ha

Hey look... a video of Rocks neighbor....

https://youtu.be/FhQDsKoMCz0

11. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hey look... a video of Rocks neighbor....

https://youtu.be/FhQDsKoMCz0
    This is gold. So many great lines in those 2 minutes.

"Eating Bugles like Nabisco needed the bags back." Brilliant.

13. Likes accadacca liked this post