Thread: Rappelling, Zipline, Climbing and Via Ferrata in Ogden's Waterfall Canyon

Rappelling, Zipline, Climbing and Via Ferrata in Ogden's Waterfall Canyon

I was asked to come back again and shoot some promotional footage for ziputah.com, and in turn invite some people to be my "models" at Waterfall Canyon in Ogden. Similar to last year's shindig:
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...terfall-Canyon
    @jman and Jeff Guest rapped the 300' waterfall this time, and there were a few more additions to the canyon as well. My wife and son were able to enjoy the ziplines a few times, also some light rock climbing along with the Via Ferrata.

The best part? No hiking up to the waterfall this time, he's got an ATV trail that goes straight to the base of the waterfall now.

Here are a few clips I'm finishing, Brett also brought his drone and Jeff had is GoPro, so there's a TON of footage coming your way. This was just today so I've got a few short clips ready, I'll add more when they are ready.

lots more on the way

2. Likes Canyon_Cal, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Here's a fun clip of Elynn rappelling down and getting some good applause as she lands. This is the 720 cached resolution, rough footage taken from my tablet stream as it recorded the audio.

I'll formally cut this video and produce it later.

Here's a zoomed in version of Jeff rappelling, I cropped the 4k down to 1080.

Then here's a peek at the Via Ferrata climbers

6. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post

Jeff rappelling down the big waterfall, I believe it's 306 feet. I just spent all of my computer energy producing the video, so I'm too lazy to look it up.

10. Likes jman liked this post
    I love this footage shot by @jman showcasing the whole waterfall. Many people don't know about the small waterfall in the opening shot, at the top of the main waterfall.

12. Likes jman liked this post
    Hey I've done that zip line and Via Ferrata, good times! I did it with my son, who is a much better climber than I am. He was able to climb the whole thing without using the iron aids. The dirty little secret is, the iron steps ended on our route about half way up! So I was forced to climb as well. with the guides help, I was able to find all the hand/foot holds. You do have a safety cable the whole way up that you are clipped into. There is considerable distance between bolts though, so a fall would still be mighty unpleasant!