Thread: 2018 Snowbasin, Ogden Overlook, Sardine Peak, Icebox and Wheeler ride reports

2018 Snowbasin, Ogden Overlook, Sardine Peak, Icebox and Wheeler ride reports

It has officially begun! The first trails up in the Snowbasin area have become ride-able, starting from the lower snowbasin parking lot, head up to Sardine Peak via the Ogden Overlook trail, but skip the outlook because it's not ready yet.

I went on a solo ride last night, which is usually great for my soul except when I'm freaking myself out about Sasquatch. I had the ENTIRE MOUNTAIN to myself, which is cool but can potentially be dangerous. So of course every dark shape was Sammy Sasquatch waiting to grab my Beef Jerky. Anyhoo this is one of the best trail systems in the greater Ogden area. Oh by the way, Wheeler Canyon as been open for a couple of weeks already.

I've got a bunch of photos here that I'm too lazy to post right now, Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/t3qQHcJ2krBvgjAk2

Here are some video clips from both my drone and then the GoPro. I'll keep adding to this thread throughout the year, y'all are welcome to add to it as well with your rides from this area.

2. Likes tallsteve liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Same ride as above, half way down the lonesome mountain.

How bouts I drop a couple more videos.

Anyone been up there today? I was planning on riding up there, but with all the storm clouds and rain in the valley, wondering if it it too muddy.

Quote Originally Posted by gholt View Post
    Anyone been up there today? I was planning on riding up there, but with all the storm clouds and rain in the valley, wondering if it it too muddy.
    I've seen posts from this week but before the rain. Ogden Overlook and Sardine tend to do ok after the rain but that Wheeler Creek area through the middle can be a muddy mess

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I was just planning on doing Maples to Overlook or Sardine Peak, depending on how soon it gets. dark. It may be worth the drive up there.

I took my biking buddy up to Ogden Overlook last night, snowbasin.

https://youtu.be/yVteh_31Jzw

10. Likes blueeyes, tallsteve liked this post