3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ya. But at least it isn't 2011 again

Name:  10196302.91990229.500.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  100.2 KB

Blog Entries

Gas Prices

Sure is nice getting about 38 mpg average in the Chevy Cruze. My truck was killing me filling up every week for $90 back then. Now it’s around $30...

Speaking of gas prices and I’m just refilling in Scipio (headed to Zion for the weekend) as I type this, and was bored so I compared the three gas station prices in town.

The Flying J, where the Dairy Queen is located too, is $3.59 for 91 octane, $3.44 for 87, and $3.29 for 85.

The Texaco, located 3/4 mile towards the town of Scipio (south of I-15): $3.49 for 91, $3.29 for 87, and $2.99 for 85.

The Chevron literally across the street from Texaco is: $3.44 for 91, $3.29 for 88, $3.14 for 88 and diesel is $3.34

So when you are in Scipio, the cheapest gas is the Texaco. It will literally save you $0.30 a gallon compared to everywhere else in town. Now, the store isn’t as nice as the Flying J but nearly as crowded as either.

Just some random fuel info for y’all as head toward Southern Utah for trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

You: How much is gas a gallon?

Me: Don't know, don't care.

You: How many miles to the gallon do you get?

Me: Don't know, don't care.

7. Likes 2065toyota, DiscGo liked this post
    Why is Dr. McCoy bothered by the price of gas?

"Damit Jim, I'm a doctor, not an economist!"
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

10. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I dont use gasoline, but use Diesel and en route to Marysvale, I've seen Diesel nearly $4/gal at some locations. ARGH!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

What really pisses me off is that it seems like Utah is always the first to raise the price and the last to lower them.

Paid $2.88 in Sp. Fork for 85 octane before Spring Break, $2.59 in Phoenix for 87 octane, and $2.79 for 87 octane at the Chevron by Bass Pro Shops in Las Vegas on the way back. Came back to $2.99 at Loves in Springville after Spring Break.

13. Likes jman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    What really pisses me off is that it seems like Utah is always the first to raise the price and the last to lower them.

Paid $2.88 in Sp. Fork for 85 octane before Spring Break, $2.59 in Phoenix for 87 octane, and $2.79 for 87 octane at the Chevron by Bass Pro Shops in Las Vegas on the way back. Came back to $2.99 at Loves in Springville after Spring Break.
    ^^^
    I was in Jackson Hole WY last week for work and Gas up there was 2.99 for 87. Funny thing, everything up there is more expensive than Utah...not gas tough. I guess Utah is quickly becoming the new CA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

15. Likes jman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
    ^^^
    I was in Jackson Hole WY last week for work and Gas up there was 2.99 for 87. Funny thing, everything up there is more expensive than Utah...not gas tough. I guess Utah is quickly becoming the new CA.

I can vouch for these suspicions. I've moved all over this State over the last 12 years for my job, and I continue to travel fairly frequently for my current job, and it's true that gas prices seem overly inflated here in Utah.

It varies WIDELY even within the State. I can recall back when we used to live in Monticello, gas prices there were consistently $0.50 more expensive then anywhere else in Utah -- even Moab gas was cheaper. The few exceptions were Jeep Safari and Spring Break, when the Moab gas stations would jack up the price temporarily. But even then, Moab gas was consistently at least 15 - 25 cents more per gallon than anywhere along the Wasatch Front.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

And they keep going up...

They will be the highest this weekend since 2014...

SoCal...