Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your NETFLIX Queue

^^^Yeah I watched The Bodyguard. It's really good. The ending will bitch-slap you. I don't think anyone saw the ending coming, it's really quite a twist. On par with "The Game" and "The Usual Suspects."

8.5/10
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 01-15-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. Likes tallsteve liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The funniest movie of all time now on Netflix:

Monte Python and the Holy Grail

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

5. Likes devo_stevo, gholt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    The funniest movie of all time now on Netflix:

Monte Python and the Holy Grail

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    "White Dragon" on Amazon. I'm really liking this mystery series set in Hong Kong. I drive my wife crazy because I can usually figure out who done it way early on. This one is keeping me guessing. There are a lot of strands in the web. I know they all lead to the center of the web but, I just can't see how yet.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I'd rate The Wire above Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad occasionally went off the rails and deteriorated near the end of its run, Similar to the Sapranos. But I loved all three series. YMMV

So ummm...does "The Wire" ever get interesting? I've watched the first three episodes on Amazon Prime, and I gotta admit it's been a huge letdown. So far, it's basically just NYPD Blue but with every iteration of the F-word thrown into every single sentence. It seems like it's trying so hard to look gritty and raw, but in reality it's just another 2000's cop show.

Seriously, isn't "The Wire" just a remake of "Homicide: Life on the Street?" Booooooooooooring.........

Tell me when/if it actually does something unique and different, or if it's just gonna be a hardcore version of Hill Street Blues.

This is why I believe Breaking Bad is better -- because it had a unique formula and wasn't just one dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    So ummm...does "The Wire" ever get interesting? I've watched the first three episodes on Amazon Prime, and I gotta admit it's been a huge letdown.
    That's as far as I went too, twice.

11. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    That's as far as I went too, twice.

I just don't understand all of the hype it has gotten. It's basically just Miami Vice or NYPD Blue. Tell me I'm wrong. Definitely NOT groundbreaking material.

14. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I just don't understand all of the hype it has gotten. It's basically just Miami Vice or NYPD Blue. Tell me I'm wrong. Definitely NOT groundbreaking material.
    You obviously don't get it and probably never will... I suggest you move along to something else.

I discover long ago that Rockgremlin and I are 180 degrees on what's a good show. Nothing wrong with that...

You obviously don't get it and probably never will... I suggest you move along to something else.

I discover long ago that Rockgremlin and I are 180 degrees on what's a good show. Nothing wrong with that...

What....so NYPD Blue is just that good?

Is it just 5 seasons of cops chasing drug dealers through Baltimore? What's the appeal? Are there plot twists? Do they develop characters beyond just banal stereotypes? I'm really trying to understand why it has received so much critical acclaim. Give me a better reason beyond just "you'll never get it." Give me a reason to watch episode 4, cuz right now I'm about ready to file this into the "C.S.I. & NYPD Blue" folder.

But then again...Twin Peaks was considered groundbreaking and that show is a bona fide turd.

Yeah, he probably hates Brockmire too. I saw Spongebob is on Prime now, maybe he would be happier with that.

Did anyone watch Fyre? The doc about the Fyre Festival? Great doc and proof that there is a sucker born every day. Lord have mercy people are stupid.

Just started watching The Expanse on Prime as well. So far pretty good. I read some of the books a few years ago and I remember getting bored but you should check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Yeah, he probably hates Brockmire too. I saw Spongebob is on Prime now, maybe he would be happier with that..
    Anything's better than The Wire...except for Twin Peaks maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Yeah, he probably hates Brockmire too.
    Brockmire is pure comedy gold... and yes, Rockgremlin would probably hate it.

Actually I watched Brockmire and quite enjoyed it. Ice plugged it a while back and that's when I looked into it.

What....so NYPD Blue is just that good?
    The fact that you equate The Wire to NYPD Blues tells me you don't get it.

And Breaking Bad is just another Monday night of watching Cops.

Dude... it's OK, we don't have to like the same shows.

Shameless!

Why is Shameless not on anyone's must watch list, it's a great series.

FWIW - I'm pretty sure they used my in laws as the model for that show. My kids sometimes call their mother Fiona when she is trying to rescue her brothers from going back to prison again... hahaha... I have to laugh otherwise it's just sad...

Rockgremlin have you watched Frankie and Grace?

My wife and her girlfriends always watch that series when they sit around painting their toenails and drinking females cocktails and you seem to have the same taste in shows.

Shameless!

Why is Shameless not on anyone's must watch list, it's a great series.

FWIW - I'm pretty sure they used my in laws as the model for that show. My kids sometimes call their mother Fiona when she is trying to rescue her brothers from going back to prison again... hahaha... I have to laugh otherwise it's just sad...
    Yeah, that is another good one. William H, Macy kills it in that series.

We seem to like the same shows Ice. You ever watch Curb Your Enthusiasm? I think it is the funniest show ever.

I've never tried Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'll check it out if I get bored.

I discover a long time ago asking what's a good show is a waste of time. Better to find someone that likes the same shows you do and see what else is on their list and you have hit pay dirt.

Rockgremlin have you watched Frankie and Grace?

My wife and her girlfriends always watch that series when they sit around painting their toenails and drinking females cocktails and you seem to have the same taste in shows.
    Yeah she mentioned this the last time she invited me over.