Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your NETFLIX Queue

Your NETFLIX Queue

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    You guys are all speaking french to me. I've never been a sitcom watcher or person that can watch shows religiously. I'm just a sports guy mostly or history channel and discovery channel guy.

I've been watching a show called Forged in Fire where Blacksmith contestants make knives, swords axes and other weapons. I'm almost caught up to the current 5th season. These shows are driving my wife crazy.
    They have stuff like that on Netflix too. You might like one called "The Great British Baking Show."

I could also see you liking "The Gilmore Girls".
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. Likes uintafly, devo_stevo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So I watched The Bird Box... what a complete waste of two hours. Talk about a show with plot holes you could drive a semi truck through.

The show is a total chick flick so your wife/GF can gush over what a great actress Sandra Bullock is.

Also watched Narco Mexico... now that's a great series. In addition to the fact that you will actually learn something as the series is based on real events.

^^^ Finally something NETFLIX related that we can both agree on.

I binge watched all three seasons of Narcos, and was delighted when Narcos Mexico came out. They're both done by the same folks, and they are extremely well done. I like how they were so detail oriented. They even got the same outfit that Pablo Escobar was wearing when he was shot - and they filmed that scene on the same rooftop in the same spot Escobar was was killed. Very educational, and very entertaining. I really hope Narcos Mexico goes three seasons as well (I'm on episode four atm).

6. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    I've watched the narco series and on 2 or 3 of Mexico. Love how it is mostly Spanish with subtitles rather than English. You get used to watching good shows with subtitles.

Great series.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

8. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    They were on Prime, but we liked Jack Ryan and The Night Manager. We thought Homecoming with Julia Roberts sucked though.

Also, if you haven't seen The Wire, it was probably my favorite series ever.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Also, if you haven't seen The Wire, it was probably my favorite series ever.

Better than Breaking Bad? I have to concur with the massive amount of critical acclaim that BB got during its 5 season run. It really is worthy of all of the hype.

Gotta admit I've never seen the Wire, and I'd like to, but I can't find it on any viewing platform. Is it available on Amazon?

I'd rate The Wire above Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad occasionally went off the rails and deteriorated near the end of its run, Similar to the Sapranos. But I loved all three series. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Breaking Bad occasionally went off the rails and deteriorated near the end of its run

Hmmm never heard that take before. What makes you say that? What specifically turned you off? Just wondering....

I can't get my inlaws to watch Breaking Bad because they claim "it's too long" (they like 1 season shows, not 5 season shows) , and that it "glorifies drug use." Again...if you think Breaking Bad glorifies drug use you must not have watched it because almost all of the main characters lives were ruined, and several wound up dead. I can't see how that is a glorification.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Better than Breaking Bad? I have to concur with the massive amount of critical acclaim that BB got during its 5 season run. It really is worthy of all of the hype.

Gotta admit I've never seen the Wire, and I'd like to, but I can't find it on any viewing platform. Is it available on Amazon?
    Should be on Prime through their HBO partnership. If it isn't there though, you'd have to get HBO. Then you can catch up on Game of Thrones, and most importantly Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I think The Wire is just slightly better than BB was, but probably just comes down to personal preference. They both are great imo.

Hmmm never heard that take before. What makes you say that? What specifically turned you off? Just wondering....
    The wife.

And The Wire is on Amazon Prime.

Climb-Utah.com

Well if you enjoyed Narcos: Mexico, then here's some good news:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...etflix-1160463

It's inevitable -- they still have to document the fame of El Chapo, and season one didn't even touch on that.

Well if you enjoyed Narcos: Mexico, then here's some good news:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...etflix-1160463

It's inevitable -- they still have to document the fame of El Chapo, and season one didn't even touch on that.
    Yeah, they won't hit El Chapo until season 3 as they are only halfway through Gallardo's reign at the top.

I'm thinking they will make 4 season's of Narcos: Mexico. The first two covering Gallardo and the second two cover El Chapo.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Yeah, they won't hit El Chapo until season 3 as they are only halfway through Gallardo's reign at the top.

I'm thinking they will make 4 season's of Narcos: Mexico. The first two covering Gallardo and the second two cover El Chapo.

Season 5 deals with paying for the construction of Trump's wall...

I think I've tried twice to get into the Wire series but I just couldn't. Maybe I'll give it another try. I keep hearing about it.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Tudors
    Frontier
    The Ranch
    The Crown
    The Last Kingdom (My FAV!)
    Hell on Wheels (wish it would start up again!)
    The Last Castle (ho-hum)
    Just starting The Wolf
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

If you like mountaineering documentaries, check out Meru.

Season 3 of A Series of Unfortunate Events is on Netflix as of this morning.

I loved the first two seasons. I'm through the first episode of this one, and so far it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    If you like mountaineering documentaries, check out Meru.
    I don't rock climb, bay can appreciate the skill. Awesome movie. Jimmy chin is amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I haven't watched Narco, but I have watched this.

Has anyone else watched the new BBC series "Bodyguard"? I watched the first episode yesterday. Intense!

Watch this full sniper scene. Really intense.

https://www.msn.com/fr-be/video/spor...bbc/vp-BBNmhQQ
    Are we there yet?