Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your NETFLIX Queue

Your NETFLIX Queue

The following are shows that I have watched in the past, or are watching now. All of these I found worth watching, and recommend. Some seem weird or quirky on the surface, but actually turned out to be surprisingly good.

The bolded shows deserve a 10/10 rating.

1. The Fall
    2. House of Cards - (A classic - Spacey might be a moral delinquent, but he's still a genius actor)
    3. Anne with an E - (Excellent family episodic version of Anne of Green Gables)
    4. Glow - (Dicey at times, but surprisingly good)
    5. Bloodline - Excellent Series, Don't miss this.
    6. The Push
    7. Bernie
    8. 1922
    9. Flaked
    10. Mindhunter - (Don't miss out on this period piece that's based in the 70's, based on true events)
    11. The End of the F***ing World
    12. The Gift
    13. The Crown - (Easily in the top 3 best Netflix produced shows)
    14. Ozark - (Jason Bateman's spin on the Breaking Bad theme. It's quite good)
    15. American Crime - (Same actors, three different stories. This one's also quite good)
    16. Orange is the New Black - (A classic. I know - go ahead and throw your stones. I like it )
    17. Polka King
    18. Alias Grace
    19. The Frankenstein Chronicles - (Slow at first, but picks up momentum)
    20. Mad Men - (Another classic. Don't miss)
    21. Nurse Jackie - (Surprisingly excellent. Edie Falco is solid in this role)
    22. Breaking Bad - (If you haven't seen this shame on you. You need to re-think your priorities)
    23. Forensic Files - (I could binge watch these for days. In fact, I did)
    24. Black Mirror - (2000's spin on the Twilight Zone. Is excellent)
    25. Santa Clarita Diet - (Drew Barrymore and Tim Olyphant are brilliant in this over the top dark comedy)
    26. Better Call Saul - (Another classic that everyone should see)
    27. Arrested Development
    28. Godless
    29. Wild, Wild Country - (I can't believe this ever happened here in America. Crazy)
    30. Mudbound
    31. Planet Earth 2
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions. We just started watching the Netflix series reboot, "Lost In Space", over the weekend. I'm liking it.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. We just started watching the Netflix series reboot, "Lost In Space", over the weekend. I'm liking it.
    "Lost in Space" --- I think you're referring to the Political Forum...

My wife and her female friends watch Netflix while they sit around painting their toenails and drinking fruity cocktails.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    My wife and her female friends watch Netflix while they sit around painting their toenails and drinking fruity cocktails.

I just finished streaming season 1. Without a doubt one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. It's certainly not for everyone but if your sense of humor is seriously warped you'll love it.

Brockmire https://g.co/kgs/RAUiZx
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...7983-Brockmire

<AHEM>

You were saying.....?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    That's 2 hours worth of TV, not a solid six monthes.... Also Brockmire is a manly show more along the lines of Blue Mountain State.

***pounds chest, grunts, scratches balls***

I do have the new Lost in Space on my to watch list, or at least the first couple episodes to see how it is. I was a big Lost in Space fan as a little kid. I was five when the original came out and it was right in the middle of the USA/USSR space race when the USA was kicking ass and taking names.

^^^BTW, my list is comprised of 2 years worth of Netflix viewing...not a couple of months.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I don't see "Hell on Wheels"

List is extremely lacking without.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I don't see "Hell on Wheels"

List is extremely lacking without.
    Also missing is "The Wire", which is probably the only series I liked more than Breaking Bad.

I already know that Rockgremlin and I don't share the same taste in TV, nothing wrong with that, other then I know not to put much personal stock in his Bogley recommendations.

I find it best to find someone that has the same recommendations I have and see what other series they enjoy. YMMV

And Hell on Wheels was good.

I do have the new Lost in Space on my to watch list, or at least the first couple episodes to see how it is. I was a big Lost in Space fan as a little kid. I was five when the original came out and it was right in the middle of the USA/USSR space race when the USA was kicking ass and taking names.

Yeah, back then it was a great show and we watched it religiously. I'm sure if I watched an episode now it would be really dumb (watch Dr. Smith get the crew in a troubled situation. Watch how the crew get themselves out of that troubled situation). I hated the 1998 movie remake. So far, I'm finding the redo intriguing, especially the "robot" backstory and Parker Posey as Dr. Smith has been a nice surprise (wasn't sure what to make of that casting decision going in). Special effects are pretty good and the acting, from the kids especially, is stellar. We've only watched the first 2 episodes though so we'll see.
    Are we there yet?

Also missing is "The Wire", which is probably the only series I liked more than Breaking Bad.

I already know that Rockgremlin and I don't share the same taste in TV, nothing wrong with that, other then I know not to put much personal stock in his Bogley recommendations.

I find it best to find someone that has the same recommendations I have and see what other series they enjoy. YMMV

And Hell on Wheels was good.

Yeah, The Wire --- That's one show I have yet to watch. Always heard good things about it. Unfortunately, it is currently unavailable through Netflix.

As you've probably gleaned, I don't much care for the Sci-Fi genre. No judgements...it just has never appealed to me.

I really get into the suspense/thriller genre, and I appreciate a show that makes me guess how it ends -- which is why I love shows like Breaking Bad, The Usual Suspects, and The Game.

I thoroughly enjoyed Lemony Snickett's Series of Unfortunate Events. It's a bit formulaic and predictable, but it's just strange enough and the acting and writing are great.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I really get into the suspense/thriller genre,
    Yeah... we call those chick flicks.....

Just yankin' your chain....

Yeah... we call those chick flicks.....

Just yankin' your chain....

Wat!! No way...

There's a few decent ones out there. Off the top of my head: The Babadook, The Gift, and Open House aren't bad for a jumpscare. Open House is kinda sadistic, with an unexpected ending.

No list of Netflix is complete without Altered Carbon... Looking forward to season 2 (sometime in about a year...)

I downloaded the 10 episodes of the new Lost In Space. I got through 2 of them and that bullshit teenage daughter drama attitude drove me up the wall. I just skipped to the 10th episode. I was really looking forward to it, maybe I'll give it another chance, but I go crazy when they throw those staple teenage drama "OMG Mom" moments in. Meh, maybe another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I downloaded the 10 episodes of the new Lost In Space. I got through 2 of them and that bullshit teenage daughter drama attitude drove me up the wall. I just skipped to the 10th episode. I was really looking forward to it, maybe I'll give it another chance, but I go crazy when they throw those staple teenage drama "OMG Mom" moments in. Meh, maybe another time.
    Just wait until your daughter hits the teenage years, then you'll understand!
    Are we there yet?

We just binge-watched the Amazon series, "Absentia". Really, really good. Kept us guessing right to the end. Anyone else seen it?
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    We just binge-watched the Amazon series, "Absentia". Really, really good. Kept us guessing right to the end. Anyone else seen it?

Nope, but I'll have to check it out.

Another decent one on Amazon is "Sneaky Pete" with Giovanni Ribisi and Bryan Cranston.

Your NETFLIX Queue

You guys are all speaking french to me. I've never been a sitcom watcher or person that can watch shows religiously. I'm just a sports guy mostly or history channel and discovery channel guy.

I've been watching a show called Forged in Fire where Blacksmith contestants make knives, swords axes and other weapons. I'm almost caught up to the current 5th season. These shows are driving my wife crazy.