Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Your NETFLIX Queue

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yeah she mentioned this the last time she invited me over.
    Well played sir.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah she mentioned this the last time she invited me over.
    That was you? Thanks for watching the 2nd season with her and painting her toe nails while I was out doing manly things....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    That was you? Thanks for watching the 2nd season with her and painting her toe nails while I was out doing manly things....
    She kept mentioning that if her husband paid as much attention to her as he did trolling on Bogley then she wouldn't need my "services."

She has nice feet, btw.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

She kept mentioning that if her husband paid as much attention to her as he did trolling on Bogley then she wouldn't need my "services."
    Oh yeah... I guess I should say thanks for staining the deck, raking up the leaves and cleaning the rain gutters...

I'll admit I'm terrible at honey-do's

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Oh yeah... I guess I should say thanks for staining the deck, raking up the leaves and cleaning the rain gutters...

I'll admit I'm terrible at honey-do's
    I was wondering what “cleaning the rain gutters” was code for 😂...

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus View Post
    I was wondering what “cleaning the rain gutters” was code for ...
    You're welcome to stop by in a couple weeks and I'll have the hot young stripper wife show you what "weed the garden" is code for... you can even bring a friend ;-)

So my daughter told me I should watch "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix. The way she described it, I thought it sounded dumb, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I've watched the first two episodes and it actually pretty dang good. I'll keep going with it.

On a somewhat random, but related note, I'm wondering what the heck is going on with musicians nowadays. At the end of the second episode, they used a cover of INXS' incredibly awesome song "Never Tear Us Apart". It sucked. That song is timeless and it's always been a favorite. There's something about the way it's sung and that guitar riff after the pause...So good. That song is full of emotion and feeling. This version was lifeless and boring.

It seems to be a trend lately. My daughter was listening to spotify last night and aparently Walk The Moon did a cover of "Burning Down The House" by The Talking Heads. Again, it's boring and lifeless while the original is a timeless classic. It sucked so bad, but she thinks it's great. So disappointing.

Sorry, that's a real tangent, but it struck a nerve with me this morning and I had to get that out somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    On a somewhat random, but related note, I'm wondering what the heck is going on with musicians nowadays. At the end of the second episode, they used a cover of INXS' incredibly awesome song "Never Tear Us Apart". It sucked. That song is timeless and it's always been a favorite. There's something about the way it's sung and that guitar riff after the pause...So good. That song is full of emotion and feeling. This version was lifeless and boring.

It seems to be a trend lately. My daughter was listening to spotify last night and aparently Walk The Moon did a cover of "Burning Down The House" by The Talking Heads. Again, it's boring and lifeless while the original is a timeless classic. It sucked so bad, but she thinks it's great. So disappointing.

Sorry, that's a real tangent, but it struck a nerve with me this morning and I had to get that out somewhere.

I think that's a generational thing. Every generation thinks the one that follows are a bunch of idiots, and nothing could ever be better than what existed in their generation. My parents think my generation are clueless kids, and I think the same of my own kids. Hence the refrain: "Remember the good ole' days....?"

That may be part of it. I don't know. I don't mind a great cover of a great song. There are a few of those out there. The two I mentioned here are just bad though. Oh well. I guess I'm just old.

So I FORCED myself through the first season of The Wire. Man it's slow moving. It really picks up around episodes 10 - 12. That's where I started to really get into it. I like it but it just takes so long to develop characters and move the plot along. Plus it's not necessarily an original idea. I mean how many cop shows are there, like 1000?

Anyway, I will say that the acting is outstanding. There's not a weak acting link in the chain. And I do really like the excruciating attention to detail.

Bummer about Wallace...I liked that character.

Starting Season 2 tonight...

We just finished "The Widow" on Amazon. An 8 episode series with Kate Beckinsale. She's good in it and, well, she's still hot! The supporting actors were excellent as well.
    Are we there yet?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    We started the Widow but still going through man in a high castle.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    also caught the first episode of "Hanna"
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

"The Dirt" was released Friday on Netflix and I watched it Saturday night... I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

YMMV

https://youtu.be/-NOp5ROn1HE

LOVE, SEX, and ROBOTS

^^^^ If you're a fan of sci-fi, gratuitous nudity, gratuitous violence, and amazing computer animation you need to check this out.

There's 18 individual mini-stories, all animated, and all done by different folks. The animation is so good in some of them that it just looks like a film. But be warned -- this isn't something that you can sit the family down and watch together. It is rated TV-MA for a reason because much of it is very graphic with the sex and violence. I can't wait for the second release -- I binge watched almost all of the episodes in one sitting, and I don't even like sci-fi.

LOVE, SEX, and ROBOTS

^^^^ If you're a fan of sci-fi, gratuitous nudity, gratuitous violence, and amazing computer animation you need to check this out.

There's 18 individual mini-stories, all animated, and all done by different folks. The animation is so good in some of them that it just looks like a film. But be warned -- this isn't something that you can sit the family down and watch together. It is rated TV-MA for a reason because much of it is very graphic with the sex and violence. I can't wait for the second release -- I binge watched almost all of the episodes in one sitting, and I don't even like sci-fi.
    So you're saying you dig cartoon sex huh? To each their own.
    Thanos was right

So now we know Rockgremlin's kink....

20. Likes double moo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    So you're saying you dig cartoon sex huh?
    Who doesn't?

I just downloaded the 2 seasons of Yellowstone with Kevin Costner, watching the first episode now. Anybody else watched it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I just downloaded the 2 seasons of Yellowstone with Kevin Costner, watching the first episode now. Anybody else watched it?
    Alright, so far, still in the first episode, I keep watching the Indians say how all of the land was theirs before the US Gov't took it away. When even the Indians are convinced that their little tribe, among thousands of tribes in the area, that they were the original owners of this land clear from the Oregon coast all the way to the colonies in the East, they must be learning this from privileged white people. The thousands of Indian tribes that were scattered across the land from coast to coast were constantly warring with each other, taking and stealing land with bloodshed. They were in NO WAY a unified body of land ownership.

Now I'm half way through the first episode still and it's the white Montana natives that are trying to use the same argument, hating the "transplants". Retards.

I'll see if I can put up with it for a few more episodes, I thought I would like it with Kevin Costner.