Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook Privacy

I don't think it's a big deal. Our privacy is GONE gone, has been for a while now. Among the billion users that they can read their dirty messages, what difference are my messages going to make? Why are they going to choose to exploit my private data over somebody else's?

Remember a few years ago, the fear about the FB Messenger app using the camera and microphone, because of the permissions it asks when installing? A whole bunch of misunderstandings there, it only meant that when you want to attach a photo, Messenger would need permission to go into your gallery or gain access to your camera, because you were trying to send a photo.

Not to say that the actual text isn't stored in a database somewhere, hell every single app does that, they even realized Snapchat did that when everybody thought their nudie pics were gone forever after 5 seconds. Nope, they are saved securely encrypted on a nice big ol' server. So then again, among the 10 billion nude selfies they have, why are they going to choose yours and go to the evening news with it? That's the fear. If everybody has skeletons in their closet, then nobody does. That's the way I see it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    If everybody has skeletons in their closet, then nobody does. That's the way I see it.

Exactly.

Also, don't flatter yourself thinking you your nudies look any different than everybody else's. Unless you have a third boob, or some other circus worthy physical ailment.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Facebook left millions of user passwords readable by its employees for years, the company acknowledged Thursday after a security researcher exposed the lapse.

https://ksltv.com/410434/facebook-le...ble-employees/

It doesn't seem to be shocking anymore.

I think we will get to a point that we expect our passwords to be out there and available for big companies, but just not for our neighbor.