Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Active shooter at Youtube HQ in San Bruno California

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I bet if you looked you could find plenty of flag waving, meat eating, gun toting, ATV riding country boys who hurt 3 people in the last few weeks, but they didn't make national news.
    I'm not sure about that one.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'm not sure about that one.

Not a mass shooter situation, but what about an executed cop? http://www.wdrb.com/story/37743208/m...ads-not-guilty

This is very close to my wife's hometown and I promise you the chance is very good that he is all of the above.

I bet if you looked you could find plenty of flag waving, meat eating, gun toting, ATV riding country boys who hurt 3 people in the last few weeks, but they didn't make national news.
    Still not sure about this one

Still not sure about this one

What part?

You guys seem to see some grand conspiracy to knock the YouTube shooter out of the news cycle, but here is an executed cop (with a newborn no less) that never even made national news. An old white dude, deep in the heart of MAGA country shoots and kills a young cop, but nary a peep out of the national media. Seems like that could fit nicely into your idea of what the media narrative is in this situation. Certainly more tragic than what the youtube lady did.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    What part?

You guys seem to see some grand conspiracy to knock the YouTube shooter out of the news cycle, but here is an executed cop (with a newborn no less) that never even made national news. An old white dude, deep in the heart of MAGA country shoots and kills a young cop, but nary a peep out of the national media. Seems like that could fit nicely into your idea of what the media narrative is in this situation. Certainly more tragic than what the youtube lady did.
    Oops I misread, I thought you were looking for incidents where a good old country boy shot 3 or more people, that have not made the headlines. My bad.

I think it disappeared quickly because of a lack of fatalities and no kids involved. A dozen murdered school children is more jarring than 3 wounded adults. And honestly, if it was XYZ Company instead of YouTube it probably would have been a third page article. I bet if you looked you could find plenty of flag waving, meat eating, gun toting, ATV riding country boys who hurt 3 people in the last few weeks, but they didn't make national news.

What's interesting though, is that anytime something like this happens we go to 2 places: Was it a pissed of white dude, or a pissed off Muslim? The left always hopes for the former and the right hopes for the latter. Maybe not fair to either group, but more often than not if something large happens (mass shooting, bomb, van in a crowded sidewalk, etc.) someone in one of those 2 groups is responsible.

Nobody asked you for your sensible and well thought out commentary.

There he goes again...always dragging his voice of reason through our troughs of bigotry...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

FWIW.... Number of NRA members involved in active shooter situations to date:

ZERO

But #FakeNews fails to mention that as it doesn't fit the narrative.

Oops I misread, I thought you were looking for incidents where a good old country boy shot 3 or more people, that have not made the headlines. My bad.

Since you are pulling a Scott on me and being so literal, I believe I said "hurt 3 people", which I am pretty sure you can find.

But my main point was that the media doesn't have some master narrative that they are trying to drive. I don't think I like the media any more than the rest of you all, but I think all they care about is ratings. Three wounded is kinda meh for ratings I guess. So is a murdered cop. A dozen dead kids, a bomb going off at the Boston Marathon, etc are great for ratings. Stoking fear about the Muslim next door or the NRA member with 45 "assault rifles" and a million rounds of ammo are great for ratings. When in reality the threat from either of those is so minuscule to barely even be worth a second thought.

11. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    When in reality the threat from either of those is so minuscule to barely even be worth a second thought.
    Yeah...tell that to those who got shot up in Vegas...or the neighbors of those crazy towel heads in San Bernardino. All of this is certainly worth a second thought.

You know what else never makes the headlines? All the nut cases that get caught before they can go apeshit.

I do agree though, that the dominate, establishment mass media is a horrible disgrace...a three ringed circus sideshow of freaks and f'n clowns. I don't see how it can ever establish credibility again, ever. But then again, did they ever really have it?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Man. I'm glad everyone got the obnoxious, weekend, hatin' in the outdoors out of the way so we can get back to politics in uintahs moms basement.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Man. I'm glad everyone got the obnoxious, weekend, hatin' in the outdoors out of the way so we can get back to politics in uintahs moms basement.
    Well said.