Thread: Windows 10 = WORST EVER

Windows 10 = WORST EVER

IT just "upgraded" my OS to Windows 10. It's a major crap sandwich. PDF files won't open unless I cruise out to the internets and download an Adobe app for my computer. Everything is geared towards steering you into downloading and/or purchasing an app from the Microsuck store.

Later I had to close down a few word documents because there wasn't enough memory to open a pdf file. WTF? The speakers are shite. And settings that you set one day will vanish the next. Meaning you have to go through and reset your personal settings everyday because things revert to default all the time.

Windows 10 might be worse than Vista. And that is saying a lot.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Weird. I haven't had any of those issues with it. I don't use the free pdf readers from Adobe though. I've been using Bluebeam Revu for my work, and it's great. I think they've got a free viewer you can download if you want to try something that isn't Adobe.

I also have never seen issues with changing settings on my laptop that has it. It seems to work pretty well for me...

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    You must have failed the upgrade. Win10 has been solid from Day 1 and now that I have an Ubuntu Shell, its even better.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

5. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    10, here--been very reliable.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

@rockgremlin- I had similar concerns at first but then I realized that Microsoft just tries to force all of their products as default. If you click on the "Start" icon in the bottom left and type "default" an option should pop up which reads "Default App Settings". If you use Gmail, you can you make Chrome your default Email client. Webbrowser can be switched to Chrome as well.

Follow this link and you can do the same for Adobe Reader: https://pattersonsupport.custhelp.co...ult-pdf-viewer
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

8. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    10, here--been very reliable.
    yup - very pleased with 10 - after I add the "START10" app to get back the old menu (for all of $5)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    @rockgremlin- I had similar concerns at first but then I realized that Microsoft just tries to force all of their products as default. If you click on the "Start" icon in the bottom left and type "default" an option should pop up which reads "Default App Settings". If you use Gmail, you can you make Chrome your default Email client. Webbrowser can be switched to Chrome as well.

Follow this link and you can do the same for Adobe Reader: https://pattersonsupport.custhelp.co...ult-pdf-viewer

This is great advice. My default settings were jacked. Plus I went in and cleaned out all of the fluff from the taskbar, and now we're in much better shape. Thanks for the suggestions.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

11. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Windows 10 was the best update since XP. It's rock solid. There is a short learning curve.

13. Likes russellben liked this post

Windows 10 = WORST EVER

Preaching to the choir son...