Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Where Is This

Another Where Is This

Again, don't want to interrupt the game, but I'd like to know where this is. I thought I had it tagged, but guess not. I think it's over in the Maze, but not sure. I have my 60th coming up and I'm cataloging some interesting things to do. Outside of this, I have the Grand Canyon zipline (yeah, probably kinda lame), Neon/ Golden Cathedral, and I'm still making the list.

Name:  Maze.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  121.1 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I don't know, but it looks cool.

Ditto. Where is this?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

That's the Deadman's Trail in Horseshoe Canyon. I have a few photos of it in this trip report: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...rseshoe-Canyon
    Blog | FB

Thanks! I remember it being over in the Maze. Now on the list!

Is this the new "Where Is It"?

If so, I offer the following, and more to the point: Where is my photo taken from?

Name:  P1090831.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  34.4 KB

Well, since Scott P has left the building this will probably remain a mystery for a long time.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

This thread was created by Intrepid Traveler because he couldn't recall where his picture was taken.

The original thread is still going, AFAIK.

I'll take a stab at it though...

Looks like the sand dunes near the Cedar Point Road?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    This thread was created by Intrepid Traveler because he couldn't recall where his picture was taken.

The original thread is still going, AFAIK.

I'll take a stab at it though...

Looks like the sand dunes near the Cedar Point Road?
    It's not that road from whence my photo was taken; it has another name to the best of my knowledge.

Rob

(Mods: feel free to move this to the proper thread).

11. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post

Is it Sand Dune Park in Colorado ?

edit a little slow this morning
    Last edited by windminstrel; 04-15-2018 at 09:52 AM. Reason: a little slow this morning

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Sand Hollow
    I don't know where that is! If you mean Sand Hollow State Park near Hurricane, no.

Further clue: the mountains in the background.

Rob

Another clue: the photo is taken looking approximately south-west.

It kind of looks like the dunes off Lower San Rafael Road headed out towards Horseshoe Canyon, looking SW towards the Henry Mtns, but it was cloudy the day I passed by there, so I'm not sure if you can see the mountains over the top of the dunes or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pigburner View Post
    It kind of looks like the dunes off Lower San Rafael Road headed out towards Horseshoe Canyon, looking SW towards the Henry Mtns, but it was cloudy the day I passed by there, so I'm not sure if you can see the mountains over the top of the dunes or not.
    Yup, that woulda been my guess, too.
    Blog | FB

Quote Originally Posted by pigburner View Post
    pigburner has it right. It's the dunes that occasionally drift across the Lower San Rafael Road (between Highway 24 and the "Information Kiosk".

On my return towards Macadamised roads, I came across these two, the second of which was 2WD and stuck. I was the only one with a shovel (and even Brits know to take a shovel!)

Name:  P1090829.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  42.7 KB
    @pigburner has control (Mods could wish to move the above posts to the correct thread)

21. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    ...I'll take a stab at it though...Looks like the sand dunes near the Cedar Point Road?
    You weren't a zillion miles away I guess!

23. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    You weren't a zillion miles away I guess!
    I misjudged the direction the camera was pointed...gorgeous shot though.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum