Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to a modern book burning..

Welcome to a modern book burning..

Thoughts on this? Seems like a modern day version of a good old fashion book burning to me....

YouTube blocks videos on firearm assembly

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/03/...mbly-sale.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Meh.

Private company can choose which content it allows. Companies do it all the time. Remember when a bunch of radio stations refused to play the Dixie Chicks? Were you mad then too?

Yeah, I tend to agree with uintafly on this one. I don't think it's that big a deal. Other sites out there will host the videos all over the place.

I would have a problem with it if the government told them to take them down, though.

Also, I don't have a problem with a radio station not playing the Dixie Chicks either. In fact, I think it makes the world a better place overall. :)

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    For the past ~3 months, I've tried to post comments on Facebook on Gun, Diesel and outdoor threads and in almost all instances, they were bumped and I couldn't respond. I then today tried to post a video from my phone on this behavior and Facebook again rejected this content. Social media sites are now tainted. Youtube, Facebook and I'm sure really soon Twitter. This was a first for me to have FB block a non-political post, then block a video showing it in action.

I think I'm done with these sites and will likely go back to my own personal blog site that's hosted on my own server. WTF, world. Communism much ,USA?

Here's the video I tried to upload to FB, then they immediately rejected it, so I uploaded to YouTube. Likely its short lived on FB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ92EFA8bKk
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

That's weird. I wonder what the logic is in blocking the diesel related stuff. Probably environmental stuff, I'm guessing.

Meh.

I've never had a Farcebook account nor a Twitter account. No loss.

It's pretty hypocritical that they'll ban anything that's not aligned with the liberal agenda, but they'll allow literally thousands of videos about twerking and sexually explicit videos.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

You folks that don't seem to give a shit do realize those wanting the gun ban on YouTube are also the same people that demand a private bake shop provide a wedding cake to a gay wedding don't you?

You can't have it both ways....

So what if YouTube or Facebook decided to no longer except video's containing African Americans?

My stance is I might not agree with what you say, but I'll always defend your right to say it. YMMV

10. Likes rockgremlin, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    It's a bit of a conundrum to me. I'm with you in defending your right to say things I don't agree with. I'm good with that and I agree that's what free speech is all about. On the other hand, I'm also not a fan of the government getting involved in private businesses when it comes to telling them who to serve.

I put this in the same category as the wedding cakes. Those who wanted a cake should have gone to a different bakery rather than pitch a fit and get them shut down. In this case, I'm sure there are other video hosting sites that are fine with your gun videos. Just use them rather than pitching a fit and stomping your feet. This is a problem only because compared to youtube, no other video hosting site comes even close to getting as much traffic and might as well not exist as far as viewership goes.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    On the other hand, I'm also not a fan of the government getting involved in private businesses when it comes to telling them who to serve.
    So if a restaurant doesn't want to serve a Mexican the government shouldn't get involved?

Because I'm really not seeing a difference.

To me you either have a business that serves the public or you don't. YMMV

13. Likes Udink liked this post
    If they are not serving a Mexican just because he or she is a Mexican, then yeah, that's a problem. If they show up and misbehave while in the restaurant, there is no reason that anyone should be made to serve them.

I suppose I should revise my previous statement and say that as long as someone's fundamental rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are not being taken from them (this works for the business owner as well as the client), I'd rather not have the government get involved. Hope that makes sense. I hate getting into stuff like this on a forum because it's hard for me to get my point across completely.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    I suppose I should revise my previous statement and say that as long as someone's fundamental rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are not being taken from them
    FWIW - under the US Constitution freedom of speach and the right to keep and bear arms are bout considered fundamental rights.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, freedom of speech as stated in the 1st amendment gives us (American citizens) the right to express ourselves without having to worry about GOVERNMENT interference. I think most people interpret the 1st amendment wrongly, thinking it means they can say whatever they want, against whoever they want on any platform and be free of any consequences. Because youtube isn’t owned by the government, youtube can pick and choose what to have on their site without violating free speech. Do I agree with it? No, but they have the right to do so.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, freedom of speech as stated in the 1st amendment gives us (American citizens) the right to express ourselves without having to worry about GOVERNMENT interference. I think most people interpret the 1st amendment wrongly, thinking it means they can say whatever they want, against whoever they want on any platform and be free of any consequences. Because youtube isn’t owned by the government, youtube can pick and choose what to have on their site without violating free speech. Do I agree with it? No, but they have the right to do so.
    Then why can't a baker choose who they bake a cake for?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FWIW - under the US Constitution freedom of speach and the right to keep and bear arms are bout considered fundamental rights.
    I don't disagree with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, freedom of speech as stated in the 1st amendment gives us (American citizens) the right to express ourselves without having to worry about GOVERNMENT interference.
    You're half right on this. The purpose of the Bill of Rights is to protect against infringement by government and by private citizens.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill...ts?wprov=sfla1

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    The BOR was written for citizens protection from government.

They do not declare any law, only remind government that these rights are inalienable.

These rights, are NOT granted by the BOR or the Consitution, rather they declare that these inalienable rights exist.

While the Constitution was written to describe Governments role,

The BOR was written to remind Government of a citizens rights.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

YouTube can do whatever it wants as a company and face the consequences, I'd agree with most that government should stay out of it. Service Industry businesses that openly choose to serve based on race, creed or orientation is a bit more tricky imo (doesn't $$ still talk?) but to equate YouTube to book burning seems a ridiculous stretch.

Conservative Snowflakes getting their feelings hurt by YouTube. I love it!!!

I did notice they haven't taken down my favorite YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udqDe_QfOF0

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm a capitalist, this will all sort itself out--no gov. required.

It's all supply and demand, one creates the other.

Adding---the gov. has NO business baking cakes.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

A lack of moderation on bogley has sent a few members over the edge. You can’t win!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    A lack of moderation on bogley has sent a few members over the edge. You can’t win!
    People are coming an going all the time...free will. Personally, there have been a few other sites I've been a member of and bailed because the mods were like nazis. Too much "moderation" ruins it.

RYM...Rate Your Music, for example. Great site for music lovers, but if you venture into the forum and you're not a fan of sucking transgender weenie, you won't last long.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

25. Likes accadacca liked this post