Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a new bike

LOL let me go ask my manager what we can do for you. Usually we charge a premium for these trucknutz but I can tell you're a man that knows his nuts.

They might still be in my wife's purse, let me ask nicely for them

2. Likes twotimer, accadacca liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Right on budget. It’s even the pro model.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/29-Mongoos...Black/16913467
    Oh please no! This thing will fall apart within one summer, if that. I'd say up the budget to $1500...people selling nice bikes for up to $2500 will be wiling to take that cash.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

5. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Looking for a good All Mountain bike for not more than $400.
    Let me check out the real value of this bike, I can't remember if it's 2006 or 2004, it is older but still a solid ride. I just haven't had any time to actually sit down yet this week, I'll look it up on the bike bluebook. 400 may even be high but I'll check it out.

I'm not assuming you're already interested, but gimme a few days to get it all straightened out to see what I've got and I'll make an official posting.

7. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    What size is that bike Shane?
    Large frame, it's the same bike I've ridden everytime we have ridden together... so you know it's fast ;-)

The picture probably looks a little distorted because my daughter was standing in the back of the truck when she took it.

I'm 6' for whatever that's worth.

I need a L for my son and starting to look around.

Here is an old gem. Lol

Vintage Klein Mantra Race

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/55514066

Here is an old gem. Lol

Vintage Klein Mantra Race

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/55514066
    I just gave away my old Diamondback DBR. From some of the ancient crap I'm seeing posted that bike was worth at least $400. The Diamondback I had was the very best MTB you could buy 20 years ago.

Right on budget. It’s even the pro model.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/29-Mongoos...Black/16913467

Don't patronize me.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

In all honesty, sometimes the WalMart bikes are decent deals. Things to watch for though, like for the disc brakes, they aren't hydraulic like the standard, they are cable brakes. Still better than V brakes,but little things like that are where they can save money.

Then the warranties with Walmart stuff, that's another plus. So you get what you pay for, and sometimes a new WalMart bike is ok for the price.

I just picked up this 2015 Cannondale F29 5 for $700. XT rear derailleur, deore components, tubeless tires and lefty fork.

It’s for my son to use on the high school team, but I’ve got a few evil thoughts about what I could do to my Strava times on this thing. It will be fast!

15. Likes twotimer, tallsteve, Iceaxe liked this post
    That's a perfect bike for high school racing. Tell him if he doesn't win he doesn't have any excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    That's a perfect bike for high school racing. Tell him if he doesn't win he doesn't have any excuse.

It’s true. I may be stealing this for a few early morning rides in Corner Canyon.

Anyone here ride a Santa Cruz? I'm looking at the Tallboy. They are one of the few short travel bikes I can find in an XXL size.

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/s...me?ti=OjoxOjI6
    Are we there yet?

Acca used to ride a Santa Cruz...

I had a Salsa El Santo, but I know the Santa Cruz Tallboy has a cult following.

That Cannondale is a nice bike...you did good for the price you paid. I've never ridden a lefty, and only met one guy that actually had one. If that fork isn't as smooth as butter, then fork over another $200 to get it rebuilt...it's worth it.

If you ride it, come back in and tell us how it felt.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Anyone here ride a Santa Cruz? I'm looking at the Tallboy. They are one of the few short travel bikes I can find in an XXL size.

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/s...me?ti=OjoxOjI6
    I think you'll be really happy with that bike. I almost bought one myself a few years ago but bought a cheaper FS Superfly instead.

Build it as light as you can...spare no expense because it's a bike you're likely to hold on to for many years.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    That Cannondale is a nice bike...you did good for the price you paid. I've never ridden a lefty, and only met one guy that actually had one. If that fork isn't as smooth as butter, then fork over another $200 to get it rebuilt...it's worth it.

If you ride it, come back in and tell us how it felt.
    Yeah I thought it was a great price. He had it listed at $800 and took $700. Smoking deal for a lightly used bike.

My son had his first ride on it tonight and my turn is tomorrow. The fork does feel really smooth with quite a bit of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    The Downhill Iron Horse

This one is sold

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I think you'll be really happy with that bike. I almost bought one myself a few years ago but bought a cheaper FS Superfly instead.

Build it as light as you can...spare no expense because it's a bike you're likely to hold on to for many years.
    Yeah, that's why I'm looking at buying the frame only. Nearly everything on my Procaliber hardtail will move over to this frame, except for the bottom bracket. I have very high end components on my Procaliber that aren't very old, including some really nice carbon wheels (the rear wheel is in the shop now getting the hub replaced with an i9). The Tallboy was redesigned in 2017 and the reviews for it have been stellar. Plus, there just aren't many bikes out there anymore that come in an XXL size. I guess they assume us freakishly tall guys are out dribblin' the ball instead of riding bikes? I pedaled an XL size tallboy on Saturday. After a few turns round the parking lot I could tell it is just too small.
    Are we there yet?

26. Likes accadacca liked this post