Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moderate Yourself

Moderate Yourself

I would be game for a lunch or dinner get together. We are looking for a CEO to drive the good ship lollipop. Maybe we can interview them over dinner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

^^^I thought you were the CEO?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I’ve been retired for at least 10 years and we can’t get anybody to take the reins.

So who's running the shop now?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Seriously though, I’m in my 14th year. Isn’t it time to find another captain?

It seems that quite a few Bogley followers do care about politics. Hmmm. The most engagement on a Facebook post for a while. Where X Bogley members slip into the shadows and change the dial to G rated programming.

Interesting

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Seriously though, I’m in my 14th year. Isn’t it time to find another captain?
    Oh Captain My Captain!

**** you guys Man.... I deserve way more respect

12. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    **** you guys Man.... I deserve way more respect
    "People's belief in their self importance. It's nauseating"

14. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe, oldno7 liked this post

The political debates continue on the mothership....

Yep...Professor Scott, doin' his thang.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

18. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Some people just aren't content unless they're pounding the pulpit.

At least Scott's arguments are always based in reality, well thought out and well presented. He's changed my thinking on a variety of subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    At least Scott's arguments are always based in reality, well thought out and well presented. He's changed my thinking on a variety of subjects.
    Absolutely agree. The world would be a very boring place without differing opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Indeed...absolutely NOBODY can say he's full of shit. I don't mind Scott so much, I hiked with him back in the day and really wouldn't mind seeing him again. Any heavy subjects would be off limits, though. It's really quite easy to hang out and not get into the "state of the world" as it is...or perceived, I should say.

The only thing about Scott that irks me is the "semantics" thing...he'll rip your opinion apart because of sloppy phrasing, etc...hence my nickname for him. He tends to miss double entendres and takes sarcastic little jokes too seriously...things just fly right over his head. He can be funny, but not really a jokester.

But heck, we all have our moments, eh?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Indeed...absolutely NOBODY can say he's full of shit. I don't mind Scott so much, I hiked with him back in the day and really wouldn't mind seeing him again. Any heavy subjects would be off limits, though. It's really quite easy to hang out and not get into the "state of the world" as it is...or perceived, I should say.

The only thing about Scott that irks me is the "semantics" thing...he'll rip your opinion apart because of sloppy phrasing, etc...hence my nickname for him. He tends to miss double entendres and takes sarcastic little jokes too seriously...things just fly right over his head. He can be funny, but not really a jokester.

But heck, we all have our moments, eh?
    Could you imagine a debate between Tom Jones and Scott? "T vs. S, battle of fine details and minutiae"

One time Tom jumped on me when I asked what knives people were using for canyoneering. Said I wasn't detailed enough in "what exactly people were doing with the knife while in the canyon" for accurate responses. It made me laugh.

I should probably add they are both probably much smarter than me, so I don't run anyone else off.

Dang, I'm looking for the complaint from Scott P to REI that they need to be Outdoor related, and not get into politics, but I can't find it. Maybe it's a private message. I sure hope he doesn't give up his REI membership now. What a mess.

25. Likes oldno7, accadacca liked this post