Thread: stashing gear between Telephone and Behunin?

stashing gear between Telephone and Behunin?

I'm doing Telephone Canyon in Zion and then the very next day we're doing Behunin. Instead of carrying ropes and gear up Walters Wiggles 2 days in a row, can we hide gear somewhere along the trail AFTER Telephone that is convenient to pickup on the way to Behunin? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jushyd View Post
    I'm doing Telephone Canyon in Zion and then the very next day we're doing Behunin. Instead of carrying ropes and gear up Walters Wiggles 2 days in a row, can we hide gear somewhere along the trail AFTER Telephone that is convenient to pickup on the way to Behunin? Thanks!
    Yes, when you exit Telephone and regain the approach trail simply hide your gear as you will walk right by it again the next morning. It's all very simple and should be easy to understand after completing Telephone.

FWIW- Telephone and Behunin are occasionally done as a combo meal in the same day, but it's a very long day.

Blog Entries
    There are a few places to stash it up there.

I would recommend camping at one of the sites along the West Rim Trail, that way you can head down to your camp from Telephone and then the next morning head to Behunin a mile or less away, especially with a lot of elevation gain taken care of already.

The only down side is that you would need to take all of your camping gear with you through Behunin otherwise you would need to hike back up to get it after the hike.

Something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

It will become obvious when you get up there that there are tons 9n safe places you could leave your gear. Recommend leaving a note on it so someone knows you are coming back to get it just in case

6. Likes ratagonia, jman liked this post