Thread: E bikes?

I'm the Rosa Parks of the ebike movement

2. Likes BasinCruiser, blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'm the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of the ebike movement
    Fixed that for ya... you're welcome.

Not trying to be fresh or anything...but you've got a great complexion there, 'beech.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Not trying to be fresh or anything...but you've got a great complexion there, 'beech.
    The lights in the Dr's office are flattering

Alright, got my second knee injection, I'm ready to ride again

New YT Decoy... quite possibly the best looking eBike out there...

Name:  37-JackTennyson-63.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  96.4 KB

10. Likes moab mark, Sombeech liked this post
    Pssssst...it's still an abomination. That thing weights 50 lbs.

Hopefully when I get old and may have a need for one of these things they'll be way more refined. I just can't see pushing that thing around, e-drive or not.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Great looking bike. Public opinion is swaying over to the ebike side at an exponential rate now, once they realized the key points for opposition were false, just like the Russian conspiracy.

Yeah it's heavy but I think the extra weight is a huge benefit on the downhill.

By the way, I found a decent article on Wikipedia with e-bikes regulations in different countries https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_bicycle_laws
    I felt really envy when the parents of my entitled classmates had bought them e-bikes. So I earned some money on the website instructing people on how to write for top essay writing services reviews here http://paperwritingservicesreviews.c...ng-org-review/ and finally decided to buy that bike by myself. Weighing up all the pros and cons I am convinced that e-bikes have more positives. So I choose 500 Series City made by Ride1up
    Lol, during my trip to Ukraine's capital I even saw a mayor riding an e-bike to work.
    Last edited by Tharguien1993; 04-05-2019 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Typing error

I saw a guy coming down the trail tonight wearing sandals and I was like wtf. Then I saw he was on an e-bike. Lol.

I reckon the next big thing is you won't even have to pedal. Ride in flip flops while pounding a Red Bull...or perhaps a Mt. Dew?
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/uci-th...tb-series.html

FIM needs to stay out of this... just proving that ebikes could be considered morotcycles...

I think it’s funny that the UCI calls it e-mountain bike. Lol. I haven’t heard that before. It’s just e-bike.

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/uci-th...tb-series.html

FIM needs to stay out of this... just proving that ebikes could be considered morotcycles...
    Your personal prejudice is getting in the way of your thinking...

Why should the FIM stay out of this? To the UCI and FIM it's not really about ebikes, it's all about the money, and since it appears ebikes are the hot new thing, whoever controls ebike racing stands to make a large pile of money.

I see no reason the UCI has any stronger claim to controling the sport than the FIM does. Ebikes are a motorized vehicle, which by definition makes them a motorcycle. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

And for the record... I've seen this exact same battle played out dozens of time before in NASCAR, USAC and the AMA. The racers will go where the money is, which is why UCI is threatening to yank the licence of anyone competing in an FIM event. The FIM will pay what it costs to attract the best racers. The UCI has already lost this battle as they don't have the war chest to compete.... again it's the simple task of follow the money.

Laughing my as off....

20. Likes uintafly, BasinCruiser liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Great looking bike. Public opinion is swaying over to the ebike side at an exponential rate now, once they realized the key points for opposition were false, just like the Russian conspiracy.

Yeah it's heavy but I think the extra weight is a huge benefit on the downhill.
    I think you're right about perception. They are probably here to stay, but probably won't get crazy popular until prices come down a bit. You can still get a nice mtn bike for under $2k, but I don't think you can get a good ebike for that. Though I really haven't shopped em so I could be wrong.

I'd have to completely disagree though on the extra weight being good on the down, but it may be riding style. I like to jump and pop my bike around as opposed to just plowing through things, so I like a little lighter ride. A few years ago I rented a full DH rig at Deer Valley and at the end of the day still preferred my normal bike, even on the more rowdy terrain.
    Thanos was right

Name:  4DEA56F4-D851-4CC0-814E-65CF2347A4CA.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  26.3 KB

23. Likes moab mark, Sombeech liked this post
    Sensitive topic warning!!!!!

25. Likes BasinCruiser, moab mark liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Sensitive topic warning!!!!!
    For who? You're the only one bitching about them