Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I noticed ďE-BikeĒ under sport in Strava, along with a bunch of other things. So you can select it and put your ride under that category. Not sure how long itís been in there. I guess itís on the honor system.
    The E bike setting has been there for at least a year. Unfortunately E bikes attract a large contingent of noobs to Strava and they just record under biking. Most probably believe the calories listed as burned is for their E bike.

I ride a MTB for the exercise, when I ride one of the Corner Canyon trails that cuts through the golf course I always laugh to myself at all the guys riding around in golf carts, drinking beer, and telling their buddies what great exercise golf is. I think of an E bike the same as I think of those golfers.

YMMV

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've been watching a lot of EMBN youtube vids of late. A lot of world class MTB folks are getting in on the trend. They are doing some pretty incredible rides... skill level 11 stuff. Another good place to look into it is the online magazine ebike-mtb,com. This is the ebike version of Enduro - sister publication. Mock them all you want some retired pros are making them look pretty incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I noticed ďE-BikeĒ under sport in Strava, along with a bunch of other things. So you can select it and put your ride under that category. Not sure how long itís been in there. I guess itís on the honor system.
    Since I started using Strava again in the past couple of months, each of my rides have been in the ebike category. When I started up strava, it automatically came up. Damn Feds must have been watching me and selected it for me.

Hey when can Ebike riders start comparing themselves to the Civil Rights movement for the harassment?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Since I started using Strava again in the past couple of months, each of my rides have been in the ebike category. When I started up strava, it automatically came up.
    Strava defaults to the last activity you did. I both run and MTB so I flip between those two settings.

FWIW - AFTER you complete and activity if you recorded it under the wrong setting you can simply edit your Strava and it recalculates all your times. Occasionally I forget to switch back to MTB after running and all the runners scream bloody murder when I destroy all their KOM's on my MTB,

That's the thing though, I don't think I did anything before. If I did, it was years ago and I had no ebike.