Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Cue the Anti-AR15 Crowd in 3, 2, 1.....

BINGO!
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

August 1st officially mark's the end of gun control...

3D-printed gun blueprints can be downloaded starting next month, ending a lengthy legal battle.

This marks the end of gun control

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...n-control.html

I've been looking into getting a Sig P365, but maybe I'll look into a 3D printer instead?

Seriously though (am serious about the Sig though)...it can't make a steel gun right? What goods a plastic handgun, could that even fire a 22LR safely?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    I've been looking into getting a Sig P365
    Cool. Me, too. I bought a full-size Sig P320 a couple of months ago and absolutely love it. I use it for OWB carry when I'm up the canyon doing trailwork or hiking by myself + it's become my nightstand ready-to-grab firearm. I like that gun so much I'm thinking of selling my S&W M&P Shield that I use for EDC and getting the P365. I like the higher round capacity the P365 offers.

Name:  Sig FDE Grip.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  70.3 KB
    Are we there yet?

6. Likes twotimer, oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^^ The way I understand it, the Sig P320 may be chambered to be either a 9mm, .357, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP.

So, which of these options do you most prefer as your "default?"
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^^ The way I understand it, the Sig P320 may be chambered to be either a 9mm, .357, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP.

So, which of these options do you most prefer as your "default?"
    9mm. For a few reasons but, primarily because my EDC gun is 9mm and I didn't want to have to start stocking a different round. 9mm ammo is cheap and readily available. I do like the interchangeability option of the P320 but, not sure I'll ever purchase a different barrel.
    Are we there yet?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

10. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    And in case you missed it the nutty 9th, the most liberal court in the country, just ruled the 2nd Amendment extends beyond your home allowing you to open carry a firearm in public.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...724-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    And in case you missed it the nutty 9th, the most liberal court in the country, just ruled the 2nd Amendment extends beyond your home allowing you to open carry a firearm in public.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...724-story.html

Interesting that the L.A. Times would report something like this. The Denver Post, Washington Post, and Seattle Times are all ignoring it. I wonder why?
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 07-25-2018 at 08:15 AM.

"The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 2-1 that Hawaiian officials had violated George Young's rights when he was denied a permit to openly carry a loaded gun in public to protect himself."

Interesting. As I understand it even Utah does not permit open carry of a loaded (one in the pipe) gun unless you have a CCP.
    Although I've never worried about it in a hunting situation.

Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    "The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 2-1 that Hawaiian officials had violated George Young's rights when he was denied a permit to openly carry a loaded gun in public to protect himself."

Interesting. As I understand it even Utah does not permit open carry of a loaded (one in the pipe) gun unless you have a CCP.
    Although I've never worried about it in a hunting situation.

Yup. That Constitutional Carry bill came up last year I think - and our wonderful gov slapped it down.

Open carry can become such a huge burden for the carrier; drawing constant attention, mentally protecting the gun at all times from somebody getting too close, hearing feedback of fear and paranoia from bystanders, keeping a prepared defensive reply at the tip of your tongue all day for anybody that asks why you are carrying.

It's not worth it. Just carry concealed.

16. Likes twotimer, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Open carry can become such a huge burden for the carrier; drawing constant attention, mentally protecting the gun at all times from somebody getting too close, hearing feedback of fear and paranoia from bystanders, keeping a prepared defensive reply at the tip of your tongue all day for anybody that asks why you are carrying.

It's not worth it. Just carry concealed.

I agree. Go ahead and open carry for a day and notice the added attention you'll get. You'd probably get less attention if you walked around naked, depending on who you are.

I think you guys are missing the point of open carry by many. The idea is to get open carry thought of as normal and mainstream...

Anyone that has been to an adult Caribbean resort will understand. The first day at the resort you walk around admiring all the titties on display, but by the end of the week you walk around failing to notice them at all... same concept many hope to achieve with open carry.

YMMV

Seems you don't even have to go to an adult resort to see boobies (I'm too shy to say titties!) on display anymore (not that I've ever been to one!). Just 2 days ago I was pedaling the #150 trail up AF Canyon, just north of Salamander Flat, and there was two young 20 year old girls hiking toward me. The one was totally topless, carrying her shirt in hand, and the other only had a skimpy nearly see-though t-shirt on with no bra. Twice in early June, on two separate days, I came across a couple doing the dirty deed pretty much smack dab in the middle of the trail. All young 20 year olds so, I'm just guessing that they aren't familiar with the canyon and how much traffic the trails they were on get. Talk about wildlife!
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Seems you don't even have to go to an adult resort to see boobies (I'm too shy to say titties!) on display anymore (not that I've ever been to one!). Just 2 days ago I was pedaling the #150 trail up AF Canyon, just north of Salamander Flat, and there was two young 20 year old girls hiking toward me. The one was totally topless, carrying her shirt in hand, and the other only had a skimpy nearly see-though t-shirt on with no bra. Twice in early June, on two separate days, I came across a couple doing the dirty deed pretty much smack dab in the middle of the trail. All young 20 year olds so, I'm just guessing that they aren't familiar with the canyon and how much traffic the trails they were on get. Talk about wildlife!

Sounds like I need to take up mountain biking...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Interesting that the L.A. Times would report something like this. The Denver Post, Washington Post, and Seattle Times are all ignoring it. I wonder why?
    how do you figure they're ignoring it, rock? both the seattle times and washington post carried it the day of (6/24)

seattle times (July 24, 2018 at 11:12 am)
    https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...carry-of-guns/

washington post (July 24, 2018 at 6:46 pm)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f1d_story.html

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    how do you figure they're ignoring it, rock? both the seattle times and washington post carried it the day of (6/24)

Whats your favorite gun to shoot, stefan?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post

Whoops, my bad.

My only defense is that I checked at 9:30am

24. Likes stefan liked this post
    Hmmm...looks like stefan may be tuning into Scott P 2.0.

May sure you've got those dates and times right, boys and girls.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?