Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Cue the Anti-AR15 Crowd in 3, 2, 1.....

Freedom of the press most certainly does NOT cover computers and the internet because the founding fathers could never have dreamed of such items.

/End Sarcasm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    And therein lies the problem. Did they suggest any? No. Why not? because they can't come up with any that will make a difference.

21 and over to purchase. How many mass shooters are over the 21 year age limit?
    Expanded back ground checks. They passed the current ones or the system failed to identify them.
    Magazine limits are ridiculous it is just a matter of a little practice to switch out magazine no matter how many cartridges they hold.

For sure let's hear all those common sense solutions and how they apply the the current situation.
    KABOOM!!!
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

So I was curious if any other country has the right to keep and bear arms similar to the US, and the answer is NO.

There is no other country where citizen are as free to own and use firearms, in this regard the US is truly unique.

Only 3 counties have the right to keep and bear arms written into their constitions, the US, Mexico and Guatemala. The latter two have constitutional restrictions.

The US is the only country with the right to keep and bear arms with no constitutional restrictions.

Six other countries used to have the constitutional right to keep and bear arms but those rights have since been rescinded.

In all other counties gun ownership is at the government's pleasure.

You either support the Constition or you do not. You don't get to pick and choose to only support the parts that you like or agree with.
    Politicians on both sides do try and pick and choose all the time.

In recent years, the Republicans have proposed more changes to the Constitution than Democrats. Trump has said several times that he wants to change the Constitution.

Most politicians (or so it seems) want to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution they choose to follow, despite their oaths.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Trump has said several times that he wants to change the Constitution.

Unless something has changed that I don't know about the president has zero power to change the Constition as that power is delegated to Congress.

I also see nothing wrong with discussing changes to our government, just call me when any of the hairbrained ideas discuss by either side begin to gain any serious traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Unless something has changed that I don't know about the president has zero power to change the Constition as that power is delegated to Congress.
    Yes, but that doesn't mean that he didn't/doesn't want to change it. Trump has said several times that he does, especially concerning the 14th Amendment on Birthright Citizenship. One of his campaign promises was to end Birthright Citizenship.

Obviously, it was a dead promise since it would require Congress to change the Constitution to do so, but it doesn't mean that he didn't say that he wanted to do it.

I would post links and videos (including from Fox News), but I'm pretty sure that you can find them yourself and I am pretty sure that you have already heard him say so in debates.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

So Trump is a normal human being?!?!?

I'm sure there are changes to the Constition we would all like to make if given the opportunity.

But what does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

FWIW - I'd like to see a term limit amendment.

So Trump is a normal human being?!?!?

I'm sure there are changes to the Constition we would all like to make if given the opportunity.
    Which bring us back to your quote:

You either support the Constition or you do not. You don't get to pick and choose to only support the parts that you like or agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Which bring us back to your quote:

Supporting the Constitution has nothing to do where with wanting change so long as you support and uphold what is.

For example.... I've never seen Trump fail to support the 14th amendment or attempt to undermine it.

Too bad the same can not be said for Obama and the 2nd.

Now my question... why do liberals anyways try to confuse the situation and muddy the waters with semantics?

Now my question... why do liberals anyways try to confuse the situation and muddy the waters with semantics?
    Yeah, it's kinda frustrating. It's like they want to pummel you with your own words by bypassing the gist of what your saying. Blowing right past little hidden meanings, double entendres and such.

It's hard being friends with folks that do that...you never know when they'll call you out on the way you phrase things. It's rude and condescending...I tend to avoid people who have that habit.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

For example.... I've never seen Trump fail to support the 14th amendment or attempt to undermine it.

Maybe so, but I didn't say that he did. I said that he promised that he would (which was obviously a dead promise). It seems that you are twisting what I said.

Yawn... we're back to a liberal spinning semantics.

Do we really need to define the meaning of the word "it" every time we use it in a post?

How about you make yourself useful and answer my question "why do liberals anyways try to confuse the situation and muddy the waters with semantics?"

"why do liberals anyways try to confuse the situation and muddy the waters with semantics?"
    Probably because they are human. Also, conservatives do the same thing; don't say that they don't. You did an OK job in clarifying your position before the ranting part.

Trump is just a side note though. I still stand by my original statement:

In recent years, the Republicans have proposed more changes to the Constitution than Democrats.

So, you answered with:

Supporting the Constitution has nothing to do where with wanting change so long as you support and uphold what is.

I accept and agree with that statement. We are in agreement. Our real disagreement is that (if not, feel free to correct me) you are implying (and have implied several times in the past) that it is only liberals who are trying to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution to support and follow. I disagree with this and say that it is both sides.

I can further expand my statement above from the below:

In recent years, the Republicans have proposed more changes to the Constitution than Democrats.

To:

In recent years, the Republicans have proposed more changes to the Constitution than Democrats. As far as I have seen recent years, they have also been caught undermining or failing to support the Constitution more than Democrats.

Do you agree or disagree with this statement? If you disagree why?

I can start by pointing out why I feel that way. I'll start with the separation of Church and State. There have been many court ruling against many conservative politicians on the Separation of Church and State.

Further, there are still seven states in the US that have laws saying that atheists can't run for office. Six of those states are conservative. Is this Constitutional?

You can call me a flip flopper, but in recent years I have actually changed my viewpoints on some issues because I read the Constitution more often. One of those issues is gay marriage. Anyone can read my past Bogley post on the issue and see that I was strongly against gay marriage and making it legal. Obviously, gay marriage hasn't somehow become anymore appealing to me, but reading the Constitution only, and not other sources including my own thoughts and opinions, I just didn't/don't see how it can/should be banned. So, I changed my position.

So, if you disagree with my statements, convince me that what I said wasn't true. Unlike many, I am willing to change my positions if I find out that I am wrong.

Do you disagree or agree with my bolded statement above and why?

16. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^I disagree with your bold comment because part of it is just wrong or incorrect.

There is nothing wrong with proposing changes to our constitution as that is how it was written and designed to work.

On the other hand the Democrats numerous attempts to undermine the 2nd Amendment are disgraceful.

And I'm not happy with either parties abuse of the 4th Amendment.

^^^The grammar and spelling used in that meme is atrocious.

^^^The grammar and spelling used in that meme is atrocious.

Oh, Mr. Axe -- When it comes to spelling and grammar errors you're one of the worst offenders on this site.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yeah, I only scanned it and took a screenshot. Funny though that the hippies are still selling it.