Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Cue the Anti-AR15 Crowd in 3, 2, 1.....

I happy I'm not branded as a coward before the entire nation, I imagine that's got to be difficult to live with, or maybe cowards are just happy to be alive and don't really give a shit.

Cop who didn't enter school during shooting lied about thinking gunshots were coming from outside.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/09...s-outside.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Australian feature on Utah and Guns

See if you can spot me and some of my footage

This is my wife's Australian cousin Zoe Daniel. Shane is my brother in law. Parts of this special are shot at Impact Guns in Ogden, and then up in Honeyville, a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/why-a-tea...he-can/9564788

6. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    From the Outdoor Show in SLC over the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    From the Outdoor Show in SLC over the weekend...

Haha! In Utah, if caught, it's the equivalent to a parking ticket. I'd take that risk any day.
    Are we there yet?

^^^Yeah, I'm willing to bet that there were a lot of concealed carriers in spite of the posted rules.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

10. Likes tallsteve liked this post
    It's funny. Every year on the 4th of July, there is a guy here in Brigham City that crawls out of his parent's basement and shows up at the park where they do their fireworks display with an AR-15 on his back. The dude struts around in his flag/wolf shirt with that thing just to show off all of his freedom.

While I don't mind him carrying a gun, and I support his right to do so, he looks like a real tool. Also, if something were to go down, he'd be the first guy taken out. Seems the concealed carry idea works better for actual protection. I don't get the idea that he does this for protection though as much as he does it for attention.

Another high school shooting just this morning in Maryland. Three injured.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46284004&ni...chool-shooting

Possible copy cat?

Utah governor signs bill allowing locks on classroom doors
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46283746&nid=157

Geez. So sad. It sounds like everyone's still alive at the time of that story being written. Hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    It's funny. Every year on the 4th of July, there is a guy here in Brigham City that crawls out of his parent's basement and shows up at the park where they do their fireworks display with an AR-15 on his back. The dude struts around in his flag/wolf shirt with that thing just to show off all of his freedom.

While I don't mind him carrying a gun, and I support his right to do so, he looks like a real tool. Also, if something were to go down, he'd be the first guy taken out. Seems the concealed carry idea works better for actual protection. I don't get the idea that he does this for protection though as much as he does it for attention.
    Yeah, that's just dumb. While I support his right to do so, it's not smart. I don't get the guys parading around advertising that they have guns. Other than here, I don't post my gun stuff on social media for the most part. I don't want people to know what I have and how much I'm armed. I also would never put all kinds of gun related decals on my vehicle. It's just an invite to thieves. Gun decals on a vehicle says to me that there's something gun related inside. It may not be a gun but, maybe a nice rangefinder or several boxes of ammo.
    Are we there yet?

16. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Yeah, that's just dumb. While I support his right to do so, it's not smart. I don't get the guys parading around advertising that they have guns. Other than here, I don't post my gun stuff on social media for the most part. I don't want people to know what I have and how much I'm armed. I also would never put all kinds of gun related decals on my vehicle. It's just an invite to thieves. Gun decals on a vehicle says to me that there's something gun related inside. It may not be a gun but, maybe a nice rangefinder or several boxes of ammo.

Not to mention "gun whackos" just paint those of us who are responsible and moderate in a bad light, and only serve to further polarize the issue. Just because I support the second amendment doesn't mean I think we should all celebrate the ability to parade an assault rifle in front of the masses. It's stupid and accomplishes nothing. Plus it frightens some people and pisses off many more.

18. Likes tallsteve liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Not to mention "gun whackos" just paint those of us who are responsible and moderate in a bad light, and only serve to further polarize the issue. Just because I support the second amendment doesn't mean I think we should all celebrate the ability to parade an assault rifle in front of the masses. It's stupid and accomplishes nothing. Plus it frightens some people and pisses off many more.
    Agreed. Like I said, the guy looks like a real idiot. And yes, it makes a LOT of people uncomfortable. I've had to explain to each of my kids as they get old enough to notice this guy that he might be within the law, but that doesn't mean it's the right way to do things. There's a right way and a wrong way to bring attention to an issue.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I'll bet I know exactly what his Kenny Powers sunglasses look like too.

He's so ready to make eye contact with anybody, ready to spout that memorized line of law and constitution to anybody that questions him, while holding out his cell phone in VERTICAL video mode.

Heavy breathing

Fast talking, sweating. Walking the same pattern while having nowhere to go.

And disappointed he couldn't "own" a cop on video at the end of the day.

21. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Utah governor signs bill allowing locks on classroom doors
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46283746&nid=157
    Yeah he may not know that all of the classrooms I've ever worked in already have doors that lock. Heavy doors too.

And some teachers in Utah already carry concealed.

I just hope they don't waste any of our money "allowing teachers to start carrying concealed in Utah". Knee jerk reactions miss the existing circumstances.

23. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post

He's so ready to make eye contact with anybody, ready to spout that memorized line of law and constitution to anybody that questions him, while holding out his cell phone in VERTICAL video mode.

Heavy breathing

So he's a democrat?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post

Heavy breathing

So you've seen him before. That pretty much nails it.

So you've seen him before. That pretty much nails it.
    I haven't, yet I've got a crystal clear image in my mind.

Geez. So sad. It sounds like everyone's still alive at the time of that story being written. Hope it stays that way.

One dead so far. And I think the shooter was killed as well.

BTW...Utah just passed a new law to allow locks on school classroom doors.