Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Cue the Anti-AR15 Crowd in 3, 2, 1.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

5. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

7. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Here's some fun facts you can chew on for a few minutes....

Nearly all mass shooters grew up in a fatherless home.

Growing up in a fatherless home is the number one trait shared by violent criminals.
    So...the solution is? All people who grew up in fatherless homes aren't allowed access to firearms? Probably not that practical.

Hippa privacy versus keeping firearms out of the hands of the mentally ill?

Have to be 21 to buy a (any) firearm?

Mental health professionals tied into a national database to see if someone has a firearm?

Registration?

I don't know. How to prevent this stuff?

Interesting push on the Utah legislation hill to urge parents to lock up their guns to prevent their kids from using them to commit suicide...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    So...the solution is?
    Meme everything

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    Meme everything
    It's all thats left when people are incapable of reading.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Or incapable of putting forth a cogent thought...

More memes, please!...We meat headed, he-man woman haters just love 'em!
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

13. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Seems to me that the "solution" to these freaks going off the rails is simple...unfortunately, it appears that "see something, say something" is useless.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

16. Likes devo_stevo, oldno7 liked this post
    I'm tired of my social media newsfeeds filled with "It's all Trump's fault" garbage. I'm honestly not a Trump the man lover but, how can you blame him? Obama had the Presidency and control of the House and Senate for what, a good 4 years and he didn't ban any guns or put in a dent in gun control, yet it's all Trump's fault. Silly. I guess it's just a way for folks to lash out.
    Are we there yet?

The FBI is also taking a beating over this... but in their case some of it is probably deserved.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-blunders.html

My response to my anti-gun friends who keep posting on facebook to ban AR15 style weapons is, "then what?". They all seem to think that banning this type of firearm will stop mass shootings. My response to that is, "you do know that most mass shootings in the US have happened with handguns, right?". And of course they seem to think all mass shootings historically happen with AR's when in fact it's less than half. So, they ban AR's. Mass shootings continue, then all semi-auto weapons are banned. Then what? Only the methods to mass killings will change (and we all know that even if guns are banned if someone wants one bad enough, they'll get one). Again, I try to point out to them that they are concentrating on the how instead of the why. Until the why is fixed these horrific events will keep happening.
    Are we there yet?

FWIW - Black rifles are used in less than 2% of all crimes, while handguns are used in just over 80% of all crimes.

So banning handguns should be the logical attack from the left. Except for the simple fact that SCOTUS has already ruled you can't ban handguns as it violates the 2nd Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FWIW - Black rifles are used in less than 2% of all crimes, while handguns are used in just over 80% of all crimes.

So banning handguns should be the logical attack from the left. Except for the simple fact that SCOTUS has already ruled you can't ban handguns as it violates the 2nd Amendment.
    Yep. Even knives and other cutting instruments, hands, fists and feet are used in more murders BY FAR than all rifles combined.
    Are we there yet?

Yep. My facebook has turned into a minefield of emotions and bull crap. That's on both sides of the issue, BTW. I think I'll do something more productive with my time instead.

I've been thinking about this and the only way to really stop this type of mass shooting/terrorist attack is to harden our soft targets. Anything else is just pissing in the wind as the terrorists will just find another weapon.

The discussion should be about what method we chose to harden the targets, not about which weapon we chose to arm the terrorist with. But none of this will ever happened because our politicians don't really want to solve the problem, they would prefer to use the problem to bash the opposition in the next election (see immigration reform for another example).

24. Likes tallsteve, oldno7 liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    This isn't a gun problem, this is a lack of parenting issue coupled with mental health/drugs. If parents would actually raise their kids as parents and not as best friends, then a good chunk of this would disappear.

Additional points already made:

-Violence on TV
    -Violence in video games
    -Lack of parenting
    -Emotionally detached people

Parents, get your adult aged children out of the basement. Ban violent video games (my kids never were allowed to play GTA, etc). Teach your kids gun safety (taught my kids starting at 8 years old), teach emotional intelligence and apathy.

How about we get to the core of the issue?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

26. Likes devo_stevo, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    How about we get to the core of the issue?
    It's just way easier to make some emotionally charged memes and videos and splash them all over the internet. That way people focus on the symptoms of the problem and ignore the root of it all.

My niece is currently freaking out over this. She's shared over 100 videos and memes on facebook since Wednesday saying that guns are evil and Trump is a racist that hates teenagers and wants them all dead. I have avoided the temptation to ask her what she's going to do about the AR-15 (and many other guns) and all of the ammunition that's sitting in her basement inside her dad's gun safe.