Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Cue the Anti-AR15 Crowd in 3, 2, 1.....

From the LA Times. I thought for sure they'd lay all blame on guns and/or Donald Trump.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...3kMyudK-g-EuN8
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    From the LA Times. I thought for sure they'd lay all blame on guns and/or Donald Trump.

It actually is a pretty good Op-Ed piece. One thing that stuck out was the fact that mass shootings are contagious:

"Hence, as we have seen in the last week, mass shootings tend to come in clusters. They are socially contagious. Perpetrators study other perpetrators and model their acts after previous shootings."

If we could somehow convince the media to not splash these stories all over the world, then it might cut down the incidence rate of mass shootings. But good luck with that -- a mass shooting is such low hanging fruit for the media that there's no way they can resist.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

for the un believers....

In my own native state of Massachusetts, the battle for American freedom was begun by the thousands of farmers and tradesmen who made up the Minute Men -- citizens who were ready to defend their liberty at a moment's notice. Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/abo...-roosevelt-day
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

A bit off topic. In my quest to be prepared I am taking a Stop the Bleed training class tonight. I'm already first aid and CPR certified because of the volunteer work I do with the Forest Service but, I'm always looking for more training and this course deals more with penetrating bleeds during mass casualty events.
    Course description: "Uncontrolled bleeding is the number one cause of death after a mass shooting and similar mass casualty events. Severe bleeding can cause shock or death within five or 10 minutes — before medical help arrives. That’s why the Utah Valley Hospital is hosting a “Stop the Bleed” class to teach members of the public how to stop bleeding in cases of mass injuries.Stop the Bleed is a national injury prevention initiative aimed at teaching members of the public how to control a major hemorrhage before EMS crews arrive — because no matter how quickly emergency responders arrive, bystanders will always be first on the scene."

https://intermountainhealthcare.org/...top-the-bleed/
    Are we there yet?

A bit off topic. In my quest to be prepared I am taking a Stop the Bleed training class tonight. I'm already first aid and CPR certified because of the volunteer work I do with the Forest Service but, I'm always looking for more training and this course deals more with penetrating bleeds during mass casualty events.
    Course description: "Uncontrolled bleeding is the number one cause of death after a mass shooting and similar mass casualty events. Severe bleeding can cause shock or death within five or 10 minutes — before medical help arrives. That’s why the Utah Valley Hospital is hosting a “Stop the Bleed” class to teach members of the public how to stop bleeding in cases of mass injuries.Stop the Bleed is a national injury prevention initiative aimed at teaching members of the public how to control a major hemorrhage before EMS crews arrive — because no matter how quickly emergency responders arrive, bystanders will always be first on the scene."

Fascinating.

What's the best course of action when your leg is shot and the femoral artery is severed? Everything I've ever seen or read says you bleed out in just a few minutes.

Is that still the case or has some breakthrough technique been recently adopted?

Name:  97AB3B6D-AA89-4532-A18E-DA8A2BBD70F1.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  19.5 KB

11. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Name:  97AB3B6D-AA89-4532-A18E-DA8A2BBD70F1.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  19.5 KB

Wow...

Just, wow.......

FBI Insider: El Paso Shooter Told Officials It was the Democrat Debate on Free Healthcare to Illegals — Not Trump! — That Triggered His Mass Shooting

Steve Hooper is a 30 year veteran of the FBI. Hooper said the El Paso shooter, during interviews, says he was triggered after watching the DNC debate where all the candidates raised their hands to provide “health insurance” to illegal immigrants.
    It was the insanity at the Democrat Presidential debates that triggered the shooter, not Trump’s language.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Well I certainly hope you're nearby when I get bit by a shark, errr...hit by an asteroid, uh...a casualty in a mass shooting.

Curious class...I would reckon you'd just put pressure around where it's squirting and hope the EMS gets there quick. If it's a gaping wound I would figure more or less the same thing...cover it with something clean if you can and put on a little pressure.

If you can give a basic rundown of anything particularly interesting from this class...do tell.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    FBI Insider: El Paso Shooter Told Officials It was the Democrat Debate on Free Healthcare to Illegals — Not Trump! — That Triggered His Mass Shooting

Steve Hooper is a 30 year veteran of the FBI. Hooper said the El Paso shooter, during interviews, says he was triggered after watching the DNC debate where all the candidates raised their hands to provide “health insurance” to illegal immigrants.
    It was the insanity at the Democrat Presidential debates that triggered the shooter, not Trump’s language.

You got a source for this? Because it would seem that information like this would likely get screened by a liberally biased media.

Sounds about right....

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    You got a source for this? Because it would seem that information like this would likely get screened by a liberally biased media.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...mass-shooting/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

18. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Luckily, officers were already on the scene when the shooting started. They are firing back SECONDS after it starts. Imagine if the cops were 10 minutes away.

If the easy access to guns has no effect on mass shootings, what do you guys think makes the US so prone to these when compared to the rest of the 1st world?

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    If the easy access to guns has no effect on mass shootings, what do you guys think makes the US so prone to these when compared to the rest of the 1st world?
    I think the points brought out in the aforementioned article does a pretty good job at outlining some of the major contributing factors:

CONFIRMED: Democrat Dayton Shooter Was Part Of ANTIFA,

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/confir...est-this-year/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Fascinating.

What's the best course of action when your leg is shot and the femoral artery is severed? Everything I've ever seen or read says you bleed out in just a few minutes.
    Is that still the case or has some breakthrough technique been recently adopted?
    After years of being vilified, tourniquets are being recommended for severe bleeding on extremities.Direct pressure is about the best you can do elsewhere.