Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1229

Thread: Cue the Anti-AR15 Crowd in 3, 2, 1.....

  1. #261
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    12,317
    ,.,.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #262
    Way to keep it classy.

  4. #263
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    12,317
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Way to keep it classy.
    I'm open to criticism.. What part is over the line?

    No one blamed the planes that flew into the World trade centers

    They were tools, used at the hands of madmen to achieve their goal.
    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  5. #264
    I get what you're saying. I understand and tend to agree with the sentiment. It just lacks taste. That is all.

  6. #265

  7. #266
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    12,317
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    I get what you're saying. I understand and tend to agree with the sentiment. It just lacks taste. That is all.
    Thx.

    Not looking for taste just showing hypocrisy from the left.
    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  8. #267
    I can get the bad taste part...but I didn't see it that way because it drives home the point of security. Aside from securing the schools, they actually have to kill the guy that got in and is murdering people. That's gonna take people with guns, period.

    I'm all for armed teachers...but they need to hit the range at least once a month and score well. Have some training on entering a room that's being brutalized. It's fight or flight...we don't want them shaking themselves silly and dropping the gun or shooting all over the place like Pulp Fiction.

    It would be nice to have some cops that don't run chicken shit, too. I certainly understand that running into a building to assassinate someone (or somebody's) is pretty damn heavy...But don't take the job unless you can go all animal.

    Pretty heavy stuff, killing people. Even if it's to kill a killer. Better make sure you've got your shit together.
    Hey, hey, hey, hey! It was the DNA
    Hey, hey, hey, hey...that made me this way.

  9. #268
    You guys do know that Utah teachers and anyone else with a CCP has been able to carry on utah campuses for several years now don't you?

    I know several teachers that carry, but the real deterrent is Utah schools are not soft targets. Anyone entering with the intent of harm has no clue where the resistance will come from.

    I'm pretty happy with Utah's approach to the problem and best of all it costs taxpayers zero. YMMV

  10. #269
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    12,317
    .,.,.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  11. Likes accadacca liked this post
  12. #270
    What do you think of Georgia's lawmaker telling Delta that if it stops giving discounted fares for NRA members, Georgia will take away Delta's tax breaks on fuel? Delta is the largest employer in the state.


  13. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    You guys do know that Utah teachers and anyone else with a CCP has been able to carry on utah campuses for several years now don't you?

    I know several teachers that carry, but the real deterrent is Utah schools are not soft targets. Anyone entering with the intent of harm has no clue where the resistance will come from.

    I'm pretty happy with Utah's approach to the problem and best of all it costs taxpayers zero. YMMV
    Yeah, I used to carry when I worked in the schools. A few principals told me they supported it too. Some superintendents and principals tell their employees NOT to carry. It's really not their call, though they think it is.

    So the whole idea that we can get legislation to allow teachers and school employees to carry concealed, it's not needed, guns are already in Utah schools. We don't hear much about it because they're doing it the right way, concealed, that's the idea, nobody knows.

    I do have to chuckle at the hysteria from some on the Left, freaking out because teachers are going to be forced to carry guns. Can you imagine somebody being forced to carry a gun against their will? ha ha ha ha

  14. Likes Sandstone Addiction, oldno7 liked this post
  15. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    What do you think of Georgia's lawmaker telling Delta that if it stops giving discounted fares for NRA members, Georgia will take away Delta's tax breaks on fuel? Delta is the largest employer in the state.
    It will be interesting to see how the Left views this tax break for Delta on fuel. Is Delta part of the group of evil rich corporations that need to pay more in taxes, or are they the good guys and they deserve the tax break because of their NRA stance. The "raise 'em taxes" group is in a pickle on this one, what way are they going to swing on Delta's tax cuts?

  16. #273
    Dick’s Sporting Goods will no longer sell assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines and require gun buyers to be 21


  17. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the Left views this tax break for Delta on fuel. Is Delta part of the group of evil rich corporations that need to pay more in taxes, or are they the good guys and they deserve the tax break because of their NRA stance. The "raise 'em taxes" group is in a pickle on this one, what way are they going to swing on Delta's tax cuts?
    Nice little strawman you've built there. If the caricature of the left that you and many on this board have created was anywhere near reality I'd hate them too.

    The dipshit politician in Georgia though does highlight how stupid politicians can be. What you have is a guy threatening to use the government to harm a company because they won't offer discounts to another non government organization that he happens to support. Plenty of companies still offer discounts to NRA members. Should gun control states start taxing them higher?

  18. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Nice little strawman you've built there. If the caricature of the left that you and many on this board have created was anywhere near reality I'd hate them too.
    It's a valid question though, right? Those that want the rich corporations to pay more taxes, where do they stand on this topic?

    Unfortunately, most people can't think for themselves nowadays. They see questions like this and they need to refer to their favorite TV show, news outlet, radio show, and/or facebook political groups before they can make a decision themselves.

    That's a tough question and I don't know the answer, what does ____________ think about it? I'll rely on their expertise in the matter and then I'll fortify my newfound position on this topic.

    This goes for both Left and Right. So many people hear a new political topic and don't know which side they are on until they listen to their old reliable guidance counselors to find out what their own opinion should be. This is why so many people flip flop on illegal immigration. When Obama is president, we've got all kinds of statements by he and his administration about how illegals need to be stopped, prosecuted, build a wall, etc... but now that Trump says the same thing, the opinion changes on the matter.

  19. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Those that want the rich corporations to pay more taxes, where do they stand on this topic?
    If they (anyone from any side) did so only because the company refused favors or discounts for anyone who happened to share political beliefs of the politician, that would be wrong no matter who did it. That would be different than raising (or decreasing) tax rates across the board and for all companies.

    When Obama is president, we've got all kinds of statements by he and his administration about how illegals need to be stopped, prosecuted, build a wall,
    When did Obama say a wall should be built?

  20. #277
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    12,317
    He did advocate for stronger fences.

    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  21. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    When did Obama say a wall should be built?
    The great and mighty Bill Clinton did. The law the judge upheld yesterday supporting Trump was actually a law requested by Clinton and passed so his administration could build the initial wall south of San Diego.

  22. #279
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    12,317
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Dick’s Sporting Goods will no longer sell assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines and require gun buyers to be 21
    Dicks is simply running a business based off risk/reward, in an attempt to improve profits--Capitalism

    They believe they will get higher returns by eliminating an item, I favor the ability to make such choices--capitalism.

    I don't agree with their decision and will choose not to spend my money there--Capitalism
    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  23. #280
    Funny.... but I noticed Dick's owned Field and Stream stores are still selling AR-15's and high capacity mags. This is nothing but semantics to try to appease the Subaru driving, tree hugging, rock licking libtards to keep shopping there since we all know they don’t shop at Field and Stream.

Similar Threads

  1. Minestrone Soup for a Crowd
    By Recipe Feed in forum Food Nation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 04:41 AM
  2. SUWA and OHV crowd are extreme
    By kkemp in forum Environmental Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:29 PM
  3. Brave Man Walks Through Anti-Healthcare Crowd [PIC & VID
    By accadacca in forum The Political Arena
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 05:25 AM
  4. For all you *ladies* in the crowd!
    By FoxyStar in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 10:20 AM
  5. New little acca in the crowd
    By accadacca in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 07:05 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •