Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1313

Thread: Cue the Anti-AR15 Crowd in 3, 2, 1.....

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    I don't disagree with any of your responses. I'm just thinking ahead a bit. With all the mass hysteria going on right now, I'm guessing some concessions will need to be made and these are the things I could live with without feeling like I totally got screwed. And, yes, we definitely need to enforce the laws already on the books.
    The problem is you are looking to do something, but we need to do something that is effective, and which preferably doesn't infringe upon our Constitutional rights. If you actually want to do something effective....

    Enforce the laws already on the books as most homicides are done with illegally obtained weapons. 82% of all gun crimes are committed with an illegal weapon.

    Harden soft targets, the Boston Marathon Bombers and the numerous trucks smashing through crowds involved no firearms. We protect our money with guns, why not our children?

    Fix our healthcare system. This one I don't have a great answer of what should be done.

    Anyhoo.... fix those items and you will have accomplished something useful.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #162
    I've been a house painter for nearly 40 years...ever heard "Painting is personal", well let me tell ya, it is. I work by myself and I'm in peoples homes for DAYS, sometimes a couple weeks. I've seen every kind of marriage and parent/child dynamic you can imagine. I see how people live, because I have to move all their stuff away from the walls. I'm just over here painting the walls, but you can't help but overhear all the stuff going on. Also, lots of people like to talk/vent about their lives. I'm easy to talk to, believe it or not. Religion, philosophy, politics, their kids, their marriage...I've heard it all.

    I've also seen plenty of "problem kids"...adoptions from drug/alcohol, bi-polar issues, rotten and indifferent parenting, etc...

    The one thing they all seem to have in common is anger, and lots of it. Violence, doors kicked in, holes punched in walls, things broken, cops being called. Parents that age 25 years in 10. Counseling, drugs, lavishing them with gifts to try to calm them down. Yet they rule the roost anyway.

    I can take you to at least 10 houses right now where these "kids" still dominate, even though they're in their 20s. I know of two suicides that occurred in the house...imagine coming home to find the kid has blown his brains out in the bathtub...the ultimate expression of "Fu*k you"...clean up the mess. Both were the kids of millionaires, having it all but still miserable.

    So everyone is jumping through hoops trying to figure out what can stop these people from taking out their revenge...cuz revenge is what it's all about. I say nothing can be done if "that switch goes off"...look up "I don't like Mondays"...not the song, but the actual event.

    This kid in Florida? His guns should have been confiscated as soon as he made threats. Those idiots that housed him should have turned his firearms over to the cops. He shouldn't have been allowed to buy guns.

    Would these things have stopped him? IDK...perhaps he'd find a way around it all.

    I guess my point is...go thru life and hope that you never get to close to these fools that have shit for brains. People can scream and yell all they want, but it all boils down to not being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Hey, hey, hey, hey! It was the DNA
    Hey, hey, hey, hey...that made me this way.

  4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  5. #163
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    12,534
    Somehow--I don't think America was founded on the principle of appeasement.

    Possibly in fact--just the opposite.
    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  6. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The problem is you are looking to do something, but we need to do something that is effective, and which preferably doesn't infringe upon our Constitutional rights. If you actually want to do something effective....

    Enforce the laws already on the books as most homicides are done with illegally obtained weapons. 82% of all gun crimes are committed with an illegal weapon.

    Harden soft targets, the Boston Marathon Bombers and the numerous trucks smashing through crowds involved no firearms. We protect our money with guns, why not our children?

    Fix our healthcare system. This one I don't have a great answer of what should be done.

    Anyhoo.... fix those items and you will have accomplished something useful.

    You misunderstand. I'm not looking to do anything and I don't want anything currently on the books changed. I'm just saying, most likely something will be done on a national scale and those are the things I'd be OK with. None of the things I mentioned would have stopped this mass killing and no weapons ban is going to stop any future mass killings.
    Are we there yet?

  7. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    You misunderstand. I'm not looking to do anything and I don't want anything currently on the books changed. I'm just saying, most likely something will be done on a national scale and those are the things I'd be OK with. None of the things I mentioned would have stopped this mass killing and no weapons ban is going to stop any future mass killings.
    Other then perhaps bump stocks there is nothing else on your list that I would even consider.... and that is the problem. You need to find things we can agree upon to be effective.

    FWIW - for a gun owner your list is very liberal. Nothing wrong with that, just sayin'

    Name:  1112.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  60.8 KB

  8. #166
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    12,534
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    . None of the things I mentioned would have stopped this mass killing and no weapons ban is going to stop any future mass killings.
    I like and value your opinions, Steve.

    So I ask, In all sincerity--why are you willing to do something you know won't work or have any affect?

    Things that you say you are o.k. with.
    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  9. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  10. #167
    Yo Shane -- you gotta source for that list? Pretty interesting, but some things look a little ****y. Like drug overdose deaths should be much higher I think.

    And what qualifies as a "Medical mistake death?" Yikes!
    Do as you would be done by.

  11. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yo Shane -- you gotta source for that list? Pretty interesting, but some things look a little ****y. Like drug overdose deaths should be much higher I think.

    And what qualifies as a "Medical mistake death?" Yikes!

    Here you go, the list is updated in realtime ....

    http://www.romans322.com/daily-death...statistics.php

    The list is very interesting, texting while driving for instance.

    Obesity is 26 times the problem that guns are.... maybe we should ban fatasses?

  12. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Here you go, the list is updated in realtime ....

    http://www.romans322.com/daily-death...statistics.php

    The list is very interesting, texting while driving for instance.

    Obesity is 26 times the problem that guns are.... maybe we should ban fatasses?

    WOW!! Cool link!!

    Hmmm....looks like this is a list compiled in real time for deaths so far this year -- no wonder the drug overdose deaths are relatively low still. I'm impressed that they're pulling these statistics from a reputable source -- the CDC.

    Some interesting items:

    1. Abortion tops the list at 150K+, almost doubling Cancer and Heart Disease (Maybe Senator Foreman from Idaho has a point )

    2. Obesity deaths creeping up on 44,000!!!

    3. Suicide has killed more people this year than drunk drivers.

    4. Texting drivers have killed almost 900 people.

    5. Lawnmowers have killed 10 people so far this year.


    Granted, these aren't actual documentable deaths, but are based on reliable statistical data. Still interesting...
    Do as you would be done by.

  13. #170
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    12,534
    I heard that Trump said that now that democrats are serious about protecting innocent children, it's time to revisit Roe v Wade.
    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  14. #171
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    12,534
    I believe he will also sign an EO raising the age to drive a motor vehicle to 21 as teenagers are very concerned about senseless deaths of their peers.

    Very high number of auto deaths happen between the ages of 16-25
    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  15. #172
    Just imagine the massive public outcry if they pulled candy machines, soda machines and pizza Wednesday out of public schools....

    ...and folks whine about the NRA.

    Guess which would ultimately save more lives.

  16. #173
    Just imagine the massive public outcry if they pulled candy machines, soda machines and pizza Wednesday out of public schools....
    They already have. It's been like that for at least a few years. At the schools our kids go to vending machines have vitamin water and fruit.

    Edit:

    Junk food vending machines have been outlawed in schools nationwide since 2014:

    https://www.usnews.com/education/blo...nding-machines

    Several states banned them years before that.

    Obesity is 26 times the problem that guns are.... maybe we should ban fatasses?
    They shouldn't be banned, but should be charged higher taxes. Maybe the tax rate should equal body fat percentage. I would bet that a lot of people would make an effort to be healthier if that happened, and it would save billions in healthcare cost.

    Anyway, compared to most things on that list, terrorism kills few people. Does that mean we should do nothing about terrorism?

  17. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  18. #174
    I was listening to a radio show the other day where they talked about how many of these kids who shoot up the schools were loners, ostracizeed, bullied, etc... at school. Eventually the rage from this treatment snaps and we get another school shot up - often times after a round or three on the Psychotropic med therapies.

    So how would it be if instead of the victim's families filing another unuccessful lawsuit against the big Pharma, or the gun manufacturer, that they file against the school and the student body for the mental distress that was inflicted on the shooter and take some blame for helping create the situation.

    i feel terrible for these families, but honestly believe that some of the students we see on the news lamenting what happened and how their lives are destroyed might very well have been the straw that broke the perp's back. They want gun copntrol because they have a right to go to school without fear... while thousands of kids go to school every day in fear of the treatment they recieve from their peers. I too don't have any answers, just think that there needs to be a bit of introspection going on. Keep peeling the onion layers back and get to the root of the problem... and I don't think the weapon is it.

  19. Likes rockgremlin, twotimer, oldno7 liked this post
  20. #175

    Cue the Anti-AR15 Crowd in 3, 2, 1.....

    Powerful.



  21. #176
    In 1974, Palestinian terrorists took over the Netiv Meir Elementary School in what has been called the “Ma’alot Massacre,” which left 22 children dead and many others injured.

    The attack forced Israel to come up with a solution in order to prevent such a situation from ever happening again. The nation requires its schools to have a security system, and that policy is still going strong after 40 years.

    The results are clearly evident, as there have only been two successful attacks at Israeli schools since 1974, according to Dr. Ted Noel, writing in American Thinker. Noel wrote that “in both cases, the bad guys were killed by armed teachers.”

    According to Red State, Israel’s Ministry of Education funds school security, which ranges from shelters and fences to armed and trained guards at every gate.

    To take it a step further, Israel also prepares its students and teachers for the slight chance a gunman does get through security by teaching them to be proactive in times of terror by barricading a door or sensing the ripe opportunity to get away safely.

    The guards on the doorsteps of Israel’s schools are also trained to look for any suspicious activity, which usually deters anyone with ill intent from entering in the first place.

  22. #177
    Israel also has very strict gun laws.

    Here's a pretty good comparison between the two from the Jerusalem Post:

    http://www.jpost.com/National-News/I...opposite-of-US
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

  23. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I like and value your opinions, Steve.

    So I ask, In all sincerity--why are you willing to do something you know won't work or have any affect?

    Things that you say you are o.k. with.
    Again, I really hope nothing gets changed and I will not be pushing for any changes. I think politicians are going to make gun law changes however (even Republicans), no matter how ineffectual or silly, if only to appease the very angry, very vocal public outcry. And they are going to do it to because they want to stay in office. It's coming.
    Are we there yet?

  24. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post


    The guards on the doorsteps of Israel’s schools are also trained to look for any suspicious activity, which usually deters anyone with ill intent from entering in the first place.
    I was down in southern Baja recently for the first time, staying a few nights in the city of La Paz.

    There are policemen and armed soldiers all over the place. The cops are just "standing around" at street corners, and the soldiers are at checkpoints at all the roads that lead into the city. They don't stop you at the checkpoints...they eyeball everyone driving by. If they want you to pull over, you'd better comply otherwise there'll be machine guns tearing your car apart. Not just the soldiers, but the policemen, too. Every small village we passed between La Paz and Cabo had a cop just standing on the side of the road...just eyeballing.

    You have to slow down because of speed bumps, and I asked our shuttle driver why they're just looking at everyone. He said "They're looking for bad guys and they know them when they see them". I already knew the answer...they're profiling.

    I told him that was a no-no up here in the states and he said that's too bad, 'cuz these guys are catching criminals frequently.
    Hey, hey, hey, hey! It was the DNA
    Hey, hey, hey, hey...that made me this way.

  25. #180
    ^^^That damn Bill of Rights getting in the way again.

    I'd say too bad Mexico doesn't enjoy the freedom offered by the 4th Amendment.

Similar Threads

  1. Minestrone Soup for a Crowd
    By Recipe Feed in forum Food Nation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 04:41 AM
  2. SUWA and OHV crowd are extreme
    By kkemp in forum Environmental Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:29 PM
  3. Brave Man Walks Through Anti-Healthcare Crowd [PIC & VID
    By accadacca in forum The Political Arena
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 05:25 AM
  4. For all you *ladies* in the crowd!
    By FoxyStar in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 10:20 AM
  5. New little acca in the crowd
    By accadacca in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 07:05 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •