Thread: Yankee Doodle road doable for a small car?

Blog Entries

Yankee Doodle road doable for a small car?

I know the road to Yankee Doodle is a dirt road and the three times I have been there was in my truck and don't remember any issues or obstacles.

This time I will be in my Chevy Cruze. Is it drivable in a small vehicle with no 4-wheel drive or high clearance?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yes, in normal conditions.

Blog Entries
    Cool thanks!

I’ll give an update when I get back on Sunday too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Unless it's muddy, not a problem. Yankee has changed a lot. The canyon is completely different now and holds a lot more water and contains a small pothole escape now. Just so you know.

And it has been raining and snowing down here so be prepared for it to be full and cold

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    Unless it's muddy, not a problem. Yankee has changed a lot. The canyon is completely different now and holds a lot more water and contains a small pothole escape now. Just so you know.

And it has been raining and snowing down here so be prepared for it to be full and cold
    I was there last about a year and half ago...but is this the small pothole you are referring to?

"SEND IT, BRO!!"

Blog Entries
    @2065toyota

We got about an inch of snow up here in Northern Utah where I live last night but I am curious to know if you can see Pine Valley and if they have any snow. That may derail my YD plans this weekend...

"SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    @2065toyota

We got about an inch of snow up here in Northern Utah where I live last night but I am curious to know if you can see Pine Valley and if they have any snow. That may derail my YD plans this weekend...

I just looked and the snow level is just above Yankee. It has rained every day this week and is raining right now. It is supposed to be sunny later today and tomorrow and that is a fairly gravely road with only a few bad spots. If you are planning Sunday I wouldn't worry at all. Saturday is still prob ok, there may be a few we spots still. This area dries out fairly fast.

9. Likes jman liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I just looked and the snow level is just above Yankee. It has rained every day this week and is raining right now. It is supposed to be sunny later today and tomorrow and that is a fairly gravely road with only a few bad spots. If you are planning Sunday I wouldn't worry at all. Saturday is still prob ok, there may be a few we spots still. This area dries out fairly fast.
    Thanks! I'll report back when I return.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    The road - probably good.

The canyon, probably very wet!!!

Tom