Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fifth Water Hot Springs road conditions

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Here’s my drone vid:

https://youtu.be/JVYPkuxgSMg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, the blue water against the white snow. Yeah I need to get up there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Here’s my drone vid:

Hey so you know what else you should do, I've learned that the short 20 second clips with a single scene, seem to hit good on Instagram. So take one of your shots overlooking the springs with the blue water against the white, and if you've got a scene either flying slowly towards or backwards from it, without pivoting, that would be a good clip.

Here’s my drone vid:
    Cool video, but dump that huge annoying copyright logo. A nice small one at the end does the same thing.

5. Likes jman liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Cool video, but dump that huge annoying copyright logo. A nice small one at the end does the same thing.
    It’s funny, I’ve tossed that idea around back and forth a few times in my head.

Even my mom agrees with you! My dad thinks to keep it just so no one else can copy seconds of the video and claim it as their own.

My next video(s) may have it removed and do something at the end like you said.

●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

My dad thinks to keep it just so no one else can copy seconds of the video and claim it as their own.
    I used to consider that too, but if you want the big media outlets to show your footage, they will be hesitant to show it with any text or image tag. They want it to appear as if it's theirs, but they'll give you credit verbally or in the text description.

I provide a free untagged 4k version to the media outlets in a Google Drive folder. I've found that the more generous I am, the more willing they are to contact me out of the blue asking if I've got any good stuff lately. Then once it's being shared in the local news media, that's when the big boys might see it, and be willing to pay for it.

My mom thinks Facebook should be paying me each time I upload a video, and I tell her the USB connection is broken on my computer money printer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I used to consider that too, but if you want the big media outlets to show your footage, they will be hesitant to show it with any text or image tag. They want it to appear as if it's theirs, but they'll give you credit verbally or in the text description.

I provide a free untagged 4k version to the media outlets in a Google Drive folder. I've found that the more generous I am, the more willing they are to contact me out of the blue asking if I've got any good stuff lately. Then once it's being shared in the local news media, that's when the big boys might see it, and be willing to pay for it.

My mom thinks Facebook should be paying me each time I upload a video, and I tell her the USB connection is broken on my computer money printer.

Sweet. Thanks for the tips! I watch closely when you post your drone vids on FB and gauge or trend popular reaction. M

And thanks for the instagram idea too. It’s amazing cause I posted one video on their and now have like 300 subscribers because of that. I should do that more continually but one vid.

While I don’t consume social media, I’ll sure as well and exploit it though. ;)

●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

It’s funny, I’ve tossed that idea around back and forth a few times in my head.

Even my mom agrees with you! My dad thinks to keep it just so no one else can copy seconds of the video and claim it as their own.

My next video(s) may have it removed and do something at the end like you said.

If someone wants to steal your video there is little you can do. They can crop the logo out of the corner just as easy as they can crop it off the end. So by splashing the huge ass copyright across the front you are really only penalizing the honest folks who are just trying to enjoy the show.

YMMV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    If someone wants to steal your video there is little you can do. They can crop the logo out of the corner just as easy as they can crop it off the end. So by splashing the huge ass copyright across the front you are really only penalizing the honest folks who are just trying to enjoy the show.

YMMV
    Hmm... yeah, that’s a good point. Thanks for the objective reasoning.

"SEND IT, BRO!!"

I got a ticket when I hiked this. I thought I was totally off the road, and there was NO signs saying no parking, but I still got a ticket. I was shocked how many people were in that canyon on a Saturday. Lucky for me, I enjoyed the gorgeous hike more than the water pools, so the amount of people didn't bother me. If you want to see my post on my hike you can check it out here.
    Name:  Fifth Water hot springs.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  143.7 KB
    https://shaunasadventures.blogspot.c...water-hot.html
    Happy Hiking
    ShaunasAdventures
    https://www.shaunasadventures.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunasAdventures View Post
    I got a ticket when I hiked this. I thought I was totally off the road, and there was NO signs saying no parking, but I still got a ticket. I was shocked how many people were in that canyon on a Saturday. Lucky for me, I enjoyed the gorgeous hike more than the water pools, so the amount of people didn't bother me. If you want to see my post on my hike you can check it out here.
    Name:  Fifth Water hot springs.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  143.7 KB
    https://shaunasadventures.blogspot.c...water-hot.html

When you commented that you got a ticket at Fifth Water Spring hot springs, I thought it was for something other than parking issues...

I've been up there a half dozen times, and there is always a group somewhere up there who are just minding their own business....in the buff. At one point there were signs posted warning of potential nudity. Not sure if they're still there since I don't think the county condones that.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I would never do this hike on a Saturday, in fact I try to avoid doing any crowded adventures under the Utah County bubble on a Saturday as they are all insanely crowded, Sundays are always much less.