Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Memo"

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    So what's the penalty for Comey lying in sworn testimony? Less than the average American?
    Once again--this is only the beginning, lying under oath might seem benign at a later date, or not.

Still waiting to see the schift memo, I'm sure it will also come out after proper channels.

The bottom line is-----The OIG report.

All this is based off the OIG report, I hope schift's is as well.

much, much more to see.

this will last for years, as did watergate.

many canaries yet to sing.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    So what's the penalty for Comey lying in sworn testimony? Less than the average American?
    I'm curious...what did Comey lie about?

His twitter feed is interesting...

That’s it? Dishonest and misleading memo wrecked the House intel committee, destroyed trust with Intelligence Community, damaged relationship with FISA court, and inexcusably exposed classified investigation of an American citizen. For what? DOJ & FBI must keep doing their jobs.

I read the memo. Not much in there. Does make one wonder what's in the Steele dossier and if there's other intelligence corroborating it.

Like a sloooow moving train wreck...

In a statement shortly before the memo’s release, McCain didn’t pull any punches.

“In 2016, the Russian government engaged in an elaborate plot to interfere in an American election and undermine our democracy,” McCain said. “Russia employed the same tactics it has used to influence elections around the world, from France and Germany to Ukraine, Montenegro and beyond.”

McCain said Russia’s interference has, at best, sown political discord and succeeded in “dividing us from each other.” Attacking the intelligence community is not how to fix the discord, he said.

Ahead of its impending releases, the FBI took the extraordinary step of issuing a public statement to express its “grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

“The latest attacks against the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests ― no party’s, no President’s, only Putin’s,” McCain added. “The American people deserve to know all the facts surrounding Russia’s ongoing efforts to subvert our democracy, which is why Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation must proceed unimpeded. Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the lens of politics and manufacturing political sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.”
    On Thursday, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi sent a letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan to demand that Nunes be removed from his position.

“Congressman Nunes’ deliberately dishonest actions make him unfit to serve as Chairman, and he must be removed immediately from his position,” she said.

The part where Nancy talks.... She's gotta go IMO. Biggest obstacle standing in Dems way currently is her.

Total Echo Chamber Memo... it's immediately sets off the Echo from both sides, well, except for McCain but he's a loser that got captured.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    I'm curious...what did Comey lie about?
    It was a lie through omission.... The FBI knew the FISA warrant was based on the Steele Dossier, which was partially paid for by the DNC and Clinton, and which had already been discredited, but excluded all the above information from the FISA request, which is illegal.

The above are facts and not disputed by anyone I have heard from yet.

Also the FISA warrant requires confirmation of information where possible. Steele leaked the dossier to Yahoo, and then the FBI used that leak as conformation of the Steele dossier, even though they knew the source was just an echo chamber. Basically the FBI used tainted information that they knew was tainted to get the warrant. So in that sense they lied.

My 2 cents so far... this is no where near as big as Watergate, but it is certainly something all Americans should be concerned with.

Anyhoo... this will suck all the air out of the media for a long time and the DOCA kids and immigration, which I consider a huge problem, will suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It was a lie through omission.... The FBI knew the FISA warrant was based on the Steele Dossier, which was partially paid for by the DNC and Clinton, and which had already been discredited, but excluded all the above information from the FISA request, which is illegal.

The above are facts and not disputed by anyone I have heard from yet
    Yeah...except, "they" (you know, "they") say that FISA requests for warrants are usually quite lengthy...and "they" say that there's more information to back up the warrant than just the Steele Dossier.

And, to say the Steel Dossier has been discredited isn't really true. Maybe parts of it are in dispute. But, some parts have proved true. Or, at least truthful. Anyhoo...not easy to just dismiss it as completely discredited. And, remember who initially paid for it...

This will all be moot when the pee tape comes out...(Putin's ace in the hole).

From a cold war adversarial propaganda type viewpoint, it just makes me wonder if the entire US is in turmoil by someone's, or something's, design. And, if so...wow. We're so easily duped.

As the stomach turns...

From a cold war adversarial propaganda type viewpoint, it just makes me wonder if the entire US is in turmoil by someone's, or something's, design. And, if so...wow. We're so easily duped.
    From the standpoint of Putin and Russia they have already won as there is now distrust in our democratic republic and the way I see it there is plenty of blame to go around to both sides.

Yeah...except, "they" (you know, "they") say that FISA requests for warrants are usually quite lengthy...and "they" say that there's more information to back up the warrant than just the Steele Dossier.

And, to say the Steel Dossier has been discredited isn't really true. Maybe parts of it are in dispute. But, some parts have proved true. Or, at least truthful. Anyhoo...not easy to just dismiss it as completely discredited. And, remember who initially paid for it...
    Semantic's.... you asked where the lie was and I pointed out the lie is not direct but in the omissions. If the Steele Dossier is true or not doesn't matter, as the lie was leaving out information in the FISA request that the FBI knew to be facts. To date no one disputes the info in the memo, the Democrats just say there is more to the story and the memo is one sided (and I'm sure they are correct).

For those who rode the short bus to school....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    From the standpoint of Putin and Russia they have already won as there is now distrust in our democratic republic

12. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Watch for the upcoming Senate, 8 page memo.

It seeks charges.

The final word on all of this, will still be when the OIG releases it's statement.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Why were top democrats(I can easily list citations)so concerned about the memo, that they stated releasing it would be a national security risk?

What exactly are those risks, in the unredacted memo?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

FISA court and hence, FISA judges are kept secret.

I think it would be of vital interest to EVERYONE, to know what was actually presented to him/her.

should the FISA judge be compelled to testify?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I know---TLDR--but for anyone interested, here is the written FISA law:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/1805

(1) seems interesting.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

You are "trying" to hard

FYI - I just ate a Chick Fil A Sausage burrito cause it's easier to drive 10 Sugarhouse blocks and back for breakfast rather than make it. I don't like their social stance but it's pretty f*cking good..

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    You are "trying" to hard

Not really, this is easy if you prefer to not be a mushroom,but carry on with whatever makes you grow.....
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

heres one for dirks cause
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Mueller is indeed conducting an investigation on Russia meddling in a US election.

I'm not completely swayed yet.

A true Russia investigation into election meddling, would have to be done on both dems and Repubs.

I'm kinda 60/40 on this, 60 being he is only investigating Trump: 40 being he is investigating all.

Only he knows...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?