Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Government Shutdown

Government Shutdown

Is it going to happen?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The only thing our legislature is doing is trying to pin the problem on the other party.

Normally Democrats benefit from a shutdown, but I think this time it will come around and bite Democrats in the ass.

Democrats are still using the Clinton playbook and running the Wing T. Trump brought the Spread Option to the Republicans.

The "Schumer Shutdown"... gotta give Trump credit for at least one thing... the guy is brillent at branding.

Yep, we are shutdown.

Schumer the shmuck. What a friggin' nimrod.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Whenever there is a shutdown congress/senators shouldn't get paid.

When I worked for the state and there were shutdowns, we didn't get paid. When I work for the private industry and there is a shutdown, we (pertaining to most of us) don't get paid.

Why should congress/senators be any different?

Fast forward (past the amusing "birther" stuff) to the 7 minute mark in this video:

Or...try this one:

Good times...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Whenever there is a shutdown congress/senators shouldn't get paid.

When I worked for the state and there were shutdowns, we didn't get paid. When I work for the private industry and there is a shutdown, we (pertaining to most of us) don't get paid.

Why should congress/senators be any different?
    How is it that you didn't get paid when you worked for the State? Were you employed by the State gov't or the Federal gov't but working in a State office?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

With just about as many Democrats (3) voting for as Republicans against (4 including Utah's own Mike Lee) you can't lay this on Schumer.

This is a failure of all sides. You'd think with control of all three branches of bill-making-government, that at least one party would be clearly to blame...

Would have nearly passed with full Republican support in the Senate. Got to be something smelling pretty bad if Rand Paul and Lindsey Graham wouldn't vote for it. Flake too (although he's been an outspoken and not running again critic).

Wonder what Lee's beef with it was...?

Term limits are starting to smell better...ha ha.

How is it that you didn't get paid when you worked for the State?
    There were occasional government shutdowns for political reasons, weather, etc. and we never got paid for them.

Were you employed by the State gov't
    State of Colorado.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    The shutdown is better right now for the dems than this .

But its coming soon.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    This is a failure of all sides. You'd think with control of all three branches of bill-making-government, that at least one party would be clearly to blame...
    It appears you funked out of junior high school civics so let me help you out...

The Republicans do not "control" the Senate, they have a slight majority with 51 Republicans compared to 49 Democrats. It would take 60 Republicans to "control" the Senate as it takes 60 votes to pass a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It appears you funked out of junior high school civics so let me help you out...

The Republicans do not "control" the Senate, they have a slight majority with 51 Republicans compared to 49 Democrats. It would take 60 Republicans to "control" the Senate as it takes 60 votes to pass a budget.
    Ok, smart guy. They have a "majority"...

You flunked out of common decency and decorum a long while ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Ok, smart guy. They have a "majority"...

You flunked out of common decency and decorum a long while ago...
    I'm learning from my leader.... LMAO

Stupid politicians. I feel bad for my govt. worker friends who will not be paid during this shutdown. I've received private messages from several of my US Forest Service friends who I work with as a volunteer. They are worried and frustrated. Most of them are mid to low level employees with young families. They have asked me to keep an eye on some specific things up AF canyon because they've been told to stay away. I also have a close cousin who works as a private contractor for the Air Force in Okinawa. The entire base is shut down. He will also not be receiving a paycheck. This hurts a lot of good and decent common working folk who are just trying to provide for their families.
    Are we there yet?

Democrats overwhelmingly agree to the exact same deal they rejected Friday.

This was all about stopping Trump from taking a victory lap on his one year anniversary as President.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quite a different method than what was employed during the last obama shutdown.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/2...nment-shutdown

zero tried to ban us all from "our" parks, Utah stepped up big time, then.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Quite a different method than what was employed during the last obama shutdown.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/2...nment-shutdown

zero tried to ban us all from "our" parks, Utah stepped up big time, then.
    Best description I heard was Obama tried to weaponize the last shutdown, which actually worked because Republicans took the heat for it. This shutdown was going to hammer the Democrats so they decide to stop shoveling before their hole got any deeper.

The biggest problem I see now is that Democrats really don't want to fix DACA before the mid-terms. If DACA is fixed now the best the Democrats can hope for is to the share the victory with the Republicans.

Green Eggs and Ham.