Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: _________ has left the building.

http://fortune.com/2016/12/19/social-media-election/

"This year’s bitter presidential election has caused a rift in online relationships. According to a new survey, 13% of Americans reported blocking or unfriending a “friend” on social media because of their political postings

But the results of the study, carried out by the non-partisan Public Religion Research Institute, show the impulse to block varies widely based on gender and political leanings.

The study shows Democrats were almost three times more likely than Republicans (24% vs. 9%) to have unfriended someone after the election. A similar disparity turned up for self-identified liberals versus conservatives (28% vs. 8%). Meanwhile, only 9% of independents reportedly booted someone out of their online social circles because of politics."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    http://fortune.com/2016/12/19/social-media-election/

"This year’s bitter presidential election has caused a rift in online relationships. According to a new survey, 13% of Americans reported blocking or unfriending a “friend” on social media because of their political postings

But the results of the study, carried out by the non-partisan Public Religion Research Institute, show the impulse to block varies widely based on gender and political leanings.

The study shows Democrats were almost three times more likely than Republicans (24% vs. 9%) to have unfriended someone after the election. A similar disparity turned up for self-identified liberals versus conservatives (28% vs. 8%). Meanwhile, only 9% of independents reportedly booted someone out of their online social circles because of politics."
    I only block ex-girlfriends..... no use to keep them on. I did keep one that was a pretty bad breakup and I was finding myself checking her out. As soon as I said to myself "WTF am I doing?" I realized defriending ex's is best practice. I don't think I've ever defriended for religious or political reasons, I'd simply have no friends. I do trim the "Friend" tree from time to time if I don't have regular personal interaction with. I like a well manicured Friend list.

4. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I love watching snowflakes melt....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I love watching snowflakes melt....
    I've noticed something on my feed over the past 2 years, I had a lot of Trump supports as friends that where mucking up my feed as bad as the liberals from about 3 months pre-election through roughly Charlottesville. Since then, I haven't seen much from them at all. I'm pretty close to a handful of them and I asked why I'm only seeing the usual liberal suspect f*ck over my feed (I've taken to hiding their daily diatribes). Can't get a peep out of them.... I can only make the usual conclusions that they might be a bit embarrassed and just hoping they make it another couple years without a nuclear holocaust breaking out over p*nis sizes.

By the way, this comment (I've taken to hiding their daily diatribes) I believe this is the worst outcome of social media. People's belief in their self importance. It's nauseating.

7. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    People's believe in their self importance. It's nauseating.

It's a sad commentary. And 100% true. Like what you put out over the internet is SO important that you're willing to draw lines in the sand and fight over it....why? The level of arrogance, conceit and narcissism is frankly a little disturbing.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

9. Likes accadacca, DirkHammergate liked this post
    Honestly.... anyone who would unfriend me because of something I post on Facebook (or Bogley) is someone I don't really care to be friends with to begin with.

That someone would unfriend you over something so trivial is proof they will not stand by your side or help you out when you really need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Honestly.... anyone who would unfriend me because of something I post on Facebook (or Bogley) is someone I don't really care to be friends with to begin with.

That someone would unfriend you over something so trivial is proof they will not stand by your side or help you out when you really need them.

Accurate.

Hey can you come help me repaint my basement?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    It's a sad commentary. And 100% true. Like what you put out over the internet is SO important that you're willing to draw lines in the sand and fight over it....why? The level of arrogance, conceit and narcissism is frankly a little disturbing.
    I think deep down people like to fight. Probably part of our evolution over the millenia. politics, sports, bolting routes, e-bikes, fat bikes, hometowns, dogs v cats, etc. Online anonymity just lets us witness the insanity in others.

But seriously, e-bikers and snowboarders are losers.

13. Likes rockgremlin, accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Hey can you come help me repaint my basement?
    I'm going to remember this post when I move to another house.... lucky for you, it's unlikely anytime soon.

"hoist that Barge! lift that bale!!"

15. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Tom Benson, the owner of the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans has left the building at age 90.

R. Lee Ermey a.k.a. “The Gunney” has left the building.

*Language

18. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    R. Lee Ermey a.k.a. “The Gunney” has left the building.

*Language
    A man who influenced a generation of warriors has moved on. Godspeed Gunny. May you have the Lord himself locked at the position of attention when you arrive.

20. Likes BruteForce liked this post

He will be greatly missed.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

_________ has left the building.

'Night Court' Star
    Harry Anderson has left the building at 65

Barbara Bush, former first lady has left the building at age 92.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    Patrick McManus, outdoor writer has left the building.
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/l...208797409.html
    This one is a tragedy.
    His writing humor was well known to the outdoor community.
    RIP Patrick
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Barbara Bush, former first lady has left the building at age 92.
    She did a Freddie Mercury...announced she was going down one day, died the next.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?