Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Sh*thole are you from?

You know those city officials all have big money, and big houses, and big yards. Before they start letting people live in the public parks and roads and empty lots, if they really were compassionate and cared for these people, they’d let them set up camp and live in their own yards. They can come in the house for restroom, shower, eat. ... But they do do that. Why? Because they don’t care one bit about them. Total hypocrites.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

2. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

^^^ "Huge anger is directed at mayor de Blasio who has instigated a series of reforms which, critics claim, have hurt the poor minorities he professes to want to help."

Seattle and New York are painting Democrat leadership in a very poor light.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Name:  000C885F-71E7-474A-A2F2-87EA5B1BB581.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  29.5 KB

7. Likes dougrz liked this post

9. Likes dougrz liked this post
    Democrats turn every city they touch into a shithole, yet the idiot's keep electing them...

Travel advisory issued for New York City citing crime wave

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-...-to-crime-wave

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    In 1972 my mom started dating a guy that would take us to a beach near Ensenada, Mexico...south of Tijuana. After driving thru town, there was miles and miles of people living in lean-tos, cardboard boxes and various decrepit structures. I was only 9 years old, but it was shocking. I remember thinking "There's people that are more poor than us"...as we lived at the time in a really run down apartment in Oxnard, CA.

I drove thru downtown Denver about 10 days ago and it looks like Tijuana gone bad. People have tents anywhere they want with "BLM" type signs all over them to ward off the cops. For the last week I've been thinking that my plan for keeping my condo here and maintaining my rentals for income as time goes by may have to be altered. I'll have a nice little cash out if I sell everything and book out of here but that was Plan B, not Plan A.

Speaking of shitholes...I just returned from a little trip to Utah. I spent a few days at Calf Creek and another few at Moab.

Calf Creek was both pleasurable and a disappointment...pleasurable with the fishing, cold water and hiking in the area, but disappointing with the trashed condition of the campground, trail and hang out spot at the falls.

There's no campground host and appears there hasn't been one for a while. It's a free for all. I've been there dozens of times in the last 30 years and I've never seen it so nasty. There is trash, diapers, dog dookie bags, toilet paper and shit all over the place. Some people look like they've been camping there for quite a while. People are dragging anything that will burn out of the bushes. The pay box was damn near overflowing when I got there so when I paid for my campsite I put $45 bucks in an envelope and had to use a stick to shove it down in there...somebody came by the next morning and used some kind of tool to fish a bunch of them out of the box. I should have just camped for free but didn't realize the lay of the land until I had been there a day. What a rip.

The worst part about it?...when no one is minding the store so many people will just toss proper behavior right out the window. There are no trash cans there...you're supposed to pack it out with you and apparently a bunch of them don't want to drive away from there with the debris they created. One person does it, a bunch of others follow suit. The place was gang banged by hundreds of people every day.

Too bad...it used to be a sweet little oasis out in the middle of nowhere...now it may as well be a few miles outside a big city with no one paying any attention to it.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

12. Likes Iceaxe, BasinCruiser liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    In 1972 my mom started dating a guy that would take us to a beach near Ensenada, Mexico...south of Tijuana. After driving thru town, there was miles and miles of people living in lean-tos, cardboard boxes and various decrepit structures. I was only 9 years old, but it was shocking. I remember thinking "There's people that are more poor than us"...as we lived at the time in a really run down apartment in Oxnard, CA.

I drove thru downtown Denver about 10 days ago and it looks like Tijuana gone bad. People have tents anywhere they want with "BLM" type signs all over them to ward off the cops. For the last week I've been thinking that my plan for keeping my condo here and maintaining my rentals for income as time goes by may have to be altered. I'll have a nice little cash out if I sell everything and book out of here but that was Plan B, not Plan A.

Speaking of shitholes...I just returned from a little trip to Utah. I spent a few days at Calf Creek and another few at Moab.

Calf Creek was both pleasurable and a disappointment...pleasurable with the fishing, cold water and hiking in the area, but disappointing with the trashed condition of the campground, trail and hang out spot at the falls.

There's no campground host and appears there hasn't been one for a while. It's a free for all. I've been there dozens of times in the last 30 years and I've never seen it so nasty. There is trash, diapers, dog dookie bags, toilet paper and shit all over the place. Some people look like they've been camping there for quite a while. People are dragging anything that will burn out of the bushes. The pay box was damn near overflowing when I got there so when I paid for my campsite I put $45 bucks in an envelope and had to use a stick to shove it down in there...somebody came by the next morning and used some kind of tool to fish a bunch of them out of the box. I should have just camped for free but didn't realize the lay of the land until I had been there a day. What a rip.

The worst part about it?...when no one is minding the store so many people will just toss proper behavior right out the window. There are no trash cans there...you're supposed to pack it out with you and apparently a bunch of them don't want to drive away from there with the debris they created. One person does it, a bunch of others follow suit. The place was gang banged by hundreds of people every day.

Too bad...it used to be a sweet little oasis out in the middle of nowhere...now it may as well be a few miles outside a big city with no one paying any attention to it.

I cannot echo Agent Smith's words loud enough:

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I cannot echo Agent Smith's words loud enough:

I remember the fist time I saw this movie...March of 1999 in Moab, of all places.

I was there with my girlfriend at the time along with another couple. It had been raining really hard all day and no one was riding. No one knew anything about this movie (it had just come out) but the little theater was packed...so much so that the four of us had to sit in the front row. Image that...Matrix first time in a theater with it right in your face. Talk about sensory overload!

Poor Katie, my girlfriend. She was a hippie hiker/skier chick that lived in a little cabin high in the mountains with no TV and had no interest in anything like this. After it was over, she looked like she just walked thru a war zone.

I remember this scene...and I thought "Gee, maybe it wouldn't be so bad just to be a battery for the machines after all?" That statement was like a smack in the face...of reality.

Funny thing...back in the 70s people would leave piles of trash everywhere. Just tossing it out the windows of their cars. Then starting about the mid eighties, most started cleaning up their act. I think the "Don't be a litterbug" campaign had an effect.

The 90s were great...cleanliness at campsites and the backcountry was very good...and then it started getting messy again. I've noticed for the last 15 years especially that it's gotten worse. Calf Creek reminded me of 1977.

The Keep American Beautiful campaign began in 1971 and was a massive success... I tell my kids before that campaign began being environmentally conscious meant tossing your garbage behind a bush when out camping...

The commercial featuring Iron Eyes Cody as the Crying Indian was the first huge success and is clearly remembered by everyone my age.

https://youtu.be/j7OHG7tHrNM

I honestly think that one of the biggest differences (that's most visible, at least) between a first and a third world country is how clean the place is. I've been to a couple of third world countries in my lifetime, and it's always sad to see some of the most beautiful places just littered with trash all over the place. So much of the world is such a trash hole because people just don't care. It sucks. Just take some pride in your neighborhood. In your city. In your country. Pick up after yourself. It's not that hard.

I see the US headed downhill so fast just because of this. It may not be the biggest problem we have, but it's an indicator of things that are happening under the hood, so to speak. It's an ugly symptom of a serious problem.

17. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post

https://www.facebook.com/13695938298...789664031/?d=n

"People are trashing your public lands thoroughly this year. These photos -- taken at three DWR wildlife management areas and a fishing access point on the lower Bear River -- are just a few sad examples of what's happening across Utah.

Please help us fight littering on DWR lands by watching for people doing this. A license plate number and a vehicle description are all we need to track down those responsible."

^^^Second time I'm posting this in less than a week. 100% applicable in both cases. Humans are disgusting vermin (for the most part).

You guys that are here frequently know that I paint houses for a living. Interior and Exterior, all by myself. Yes, I am a badass.

Anyway, I can tell you with great authority that MOST people live in absolute filth...I know because when I do interior work I'm the one who has to clean everything up before I paint it. You can't paint over dust, debris, dried food, animal slop and various types of smegma. I have a full array of cleaning tools and products along with my working equipment. I charge by the hour for my work...you're not going to clean it ahead of me? OK, fine...you're gonna pay for it! And I ain't cheap. Move your furniture away from the walls to see what I mean...the beds they sleep in? Oh God! Those Mexican cleaning ladies everyone seems to have don't go deep, that's for sure.

Funny how some are concerned about the cost of things, but won't lift a finger to save possibly a few hundred dollars. Didn't used to be that way...in the late 70s and thru the 80s people would "prepare" for your arrival...now NO ONE does a damn thing. I used to ask people to clean the toilet before I went in to paint the bathroom, but I stopped making that request years ago because so many get offended...which if funny considering they wouldn't even think about that if I didn't mention it.

However, not EVERYONE is a pig. I have plenty of very/super clean clients. They love me because I never leave a mess in my wake. Kinda like detailing cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post

Lot of good insights. Kind of what I've been warning about, the absolute decay of the country. Fomented by the left. Evidenced by daily life decay, political decay, and biz decay. Just reality. Your plan B needs to be unfolding.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    Lot of good insights. Kind of what I've been warning about, the absolute decay of the country. Fomented by the left. Evidenced by daily life decay, political decay, and biz decay. Just reality. Your plan B needs to be unfolding.
    I think this mentality definitely applies to the larger Democratically-run cities. But not everywhere. In smaller conservative towns it's a completely different story. Shanty towns like the ones Byron is describing are almost non-existent in places like Cedar City, St. George, Heber, Brigham City, etc. Not all places are on the decline -- just the Democrat run cities. But who wants to live there anyways? It about brought a tear to my eye when yesterday my wife out of the clear blue sky declared that she didn't ever want to take the family on vacations to California anymore "because they're all crazy." A wry smile crept across my face as I just nodded my head in agreement.

But my wife isn't the only one who is arriving at the conclusion that Democratic strongholds in this country are shitholes that should be avoided. I think there are millions who are arriving at the same conclusion my wife did, and eventually that might spark change. When folks wake up to the reality that their beloved city looks like Tijuana they'll either move or vote for change. But I doubt all people will just blindly settle for it. I definitely won't. My wife definitely won't. And our kids are being brought up to make the same distinction if they haven't already come to that conclusion on their own.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 07-22-2020 at 07:21 AM.

23. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    But my wife isn't the only one who is arriving at the conclusion that Democratic strongholds in this country are shitholes that should be avoided. I think there are millions who are arriving at the same conclusion my wife did.
    And that's a great post, rock, and I don't disagree with anything.

But what if the other people are the majority? And do cement their perpetual power with amnesty, a filibuster end, and an expanded Supreme Court? All could be reality by spring next year. What then?

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    But what if the other people are the majority? And do cement their perpetual power with amnesty, a filibuster end, and an expanded Supreme Court? All could be reality by spring next year. What then?
    Nah.....all I can do is speak to the reality that I've lived. For the better part of the last decade I've lived my life in rural-town Utah, where the overwhelming majority is conservative Republican. For whatever reason, homeless camps in those places are non-existent.....weird, huh? I'm not sure why but for whatever reason the dirty homeless population doesn't build encampments beside the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City or along the main street of Moab. Maybe they feel ashamed to throw down a cardboard hovel in those places or maybe the mayor and city council chase that out of town before it has a chance to fester. Maybe both. But having known and lived among rural Utahns for a while has taught me that they will never allow that crap to spring up and pollute their town. It's highly likely that as I near retirement I'll look to emulate @oldno7 and move back to rural Utah, where the streets are clean, all lives matter, and the only thing you have to worry about is how to keep those pesky deer from eating your tomatoes.

26. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    Nah.....all I can do is speak to the reality that I've lived. For the better part of the last decade I've lived my life in rural-town Utah, where the overwhelming majority is conservative Republican. For whatever reason, homeless camps in those places are non-existent.....weird, huh? I'm not sure why but for whatever reason the dirty homeless population doesn't build encampments beside the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City or along the main street of Moab. Maybe they feel ashamed to throw down a cardboard hovel in those places or maybe the mayor and city council chase that out of town before it has a chance to fester. Maybe both. But having known and lived among rural Utahns for a while has taught me that they will never allow that crap to spring up and pollute their town. It's highly likely that as I near retirement I'll look to emulate @oldno7 and move back to rural Utah, where the streets are clean, all lives matter, and the only thing you have to worry about is how to keep those pesky deer from eating your tomatoes.
    And this is why I haven't left Brigham City. There was a time when I craved a little more excitement and "stuff to do" in my life. Now, all I want is to live my life and enjoy the lack of traffic jams, some open spaces not far from home, and the (generally) friendly people. I don't think I could do the city thing. The crowds and traffic and mess gives me fits. Also, as a cyclist, I can't imagine trying to ride on those roads with all those cars trying to run you down.

This is really simple... Shitholes exist where they are tolerated.

This will probably be a big turd in the Bogley punch bowl, but I've expressed this opinion before... The LDS Church has headed down the left track in an effort to increase membership, which is why the bullshit going on in SLC is tolerated. Not to mention riots and shootings in Provo, the heart of Mormon doctrine. Anyone who has lived their entire life in Utah knows a couple simple comments from the church and this disappears.

The Mormon Church has always been a dichotomy in that it is/was a conservative socialist organization.

YMMV

29. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum