Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What Sh*thole are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Yo Rockgremlin... you forgot to mention to your kids how the CO house painter never got married or had kids.... talk about the two largest money drains in any mans :-)
    Oh yeah...I should have dropped that little tid bit in! Never wanted children, so all that money went to savings/investments. And although I could have married at least a half dozen times, I never pulled the trigger because I wanted to make sure we were going to be compatible before signing the BIG contract. Relationships fail for many reasons...getting married after only knowing someone for less than two years is really risky. Works for some...they grind thru the "surprises", but fails miserably for so many others...50% they say? Kudos to you guys that pulled it off...all of mine hit the skids within two years...but there was one exception, but I found out after 8 years that she couldn't manage money...at all.

Never had a girlfriend that made more money than me. I'm shocked (and kinda saddened, actually) when I meet couples where she makes big bucks and he's kinda like a lazy, low budget kid. It's a weird world sometimes.

Unless I married a gal that made an income at least "comparable" to mine, having kids would have made a HUGE dent in my financial progress, no doubt. I've been making good money for decades now, but not that damn good.

This may sound bad, but I've never had definitive criteria for gals that I'll date. Beautiful women come in all shapes and sizes...but about 10 years ago I decided that I'm not going to date any women that are broke...those days are over. She's gotta be able to bring something to the table, not empty pockets or a pile of debt. Unfortunately, women with money aren't interested in dating a "lowly" house painter (little do they know!) and it's kind of a bummer because there are several gals that are interested in me, they give me little valentines and pour on the "make the move Byron" attitude but I won't pull the trigger because they're working low paying jobs and are just getting by.

Women operate in a certain way when it comes to signaling a man of their interest...really heavy right off the bat...and if you don't take the bait they'll back right off but leave that bobber out there in case you come around. You can't leave them hanging too long though, or they'll give up altogether.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    No sweat. It seemed out of character for you so I was confused.

Yeah I don’t do the shop work. I just do the drawings so they know what to build.
    I actually envy you guys. Although hard, physical labor will keep you in great shape (running up and down ladders all day lifting weights will do the trick) sometimes I long to have been able to use my smarts more effectively.

I probably could have been so much more than I am if I was "educated"...not that I feel it's been wasted...it's just that "What could have been" feeling you get sometimes when you're waiting in line at the grocery store after slaving all day in the sun looking like you got hit by a dirt bomb.

4. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    Coming from the perspective of someone who spent almost 50 years in a job that was mostly mental but required a relatively high level of physical labor, Unless you are lucky your ability to do physical things will run out before those that require mostly mental. It seems that people who work physically demanding jobs need to plan for a less strenuous exit from everyday life.

It's true that anyone can be successful but you have to have some smarts to go along with hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    Coming from the perspective of someone who spent almost 50 years in a job that was mostly mental but required a relatively high level of physical labor, Unless you are lucky your ability to do physical things will run out before those that require mostly mental. It seems that people who work physically demanding jobs need to plan for a less strenuous exit from everyday life.

It's true that anyone can be successful but you have to have some smarts to go along with hard work.
    You just nailed it.

I'm 57 years old, and although I'm in great shape, there's a few aches and pains here and there. It does, and will, take its toll.

I go to the grocery store and see all these men that appear to be in their mid 60s and older that are hunched over or walking like something is broke, jacked or screwed up. I DO NOT want to end up that way...so I've backed off the really hard stuff as much as I can. Quite frankly, I'm considering that by the time I hit 60, I'll only paint SUPER easy stuff...entry doors, interior regular sized rooms, etc...stuff that you'd have a 15 year old helper do. No more big, tall rooms, big ladder moves, complete exteriors, garages (they look great when painted, but man is that hard, filthy work), no more work in the sun, period.

You gotta time it just right. I could actually pull it off right now...but any given year I work for repeat customers, most of whom look upon me as a trusted hero. Telling them "no" is hard to do!

That's the rub...no one likes to hear the word "no" or "you have to hire someone else to do that". They'll whine, cry, plead, beg and when you've built a business by being a "yes" man for so many years it's hard to change gears.

But you're right middlefork...badass or not, no one is a Superman.

Ahhh. After a long day at work, play, or long road trip, nothing like pulling into your garage to home sweet home.

https://www.facebook.com/11818059492...UYkjXkcg4rQApE
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

8. Likes Sandstone Addiction, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Ahhh. After a long day at work, play, or long road trip, nothing like pulling into your garage to home sweet home.

https://www.facebook.com/11818059492...UYkjXkcg4rQApE

Ugh...California....what an utter shithole. You know locals have gotta be asking themselves why they still live there.

The tragedy is that California is not inherently a bad place -- it has just gotten that way because of the piss-poor leadership. The Democrat policies have changed many parts of California into damn near a third world.

That cannot continue indefinitely. Sooner or later the locals are going to get sick of dodging vagrants and drug paraphernalia in their front yard and either move or vote the leadership out. The push to move out of California may have already started -- 2019 was the first time since the 2010 census that California has had more people leaving than moving in.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...a-major-factor
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Sooner or later the locals are going to get sick of dodging vagrants and drug paraphernalia in their front yard and either move or vote the leadership out. The push to move out of California may have already started -- 2019 was the first time since the 2010 census that California has had more people leaving than moving in.
    Sooner or later there won't be anyone with half a brain to vote them out. Remember Schwarzenegger? He was supposed to be this conservative stalwart that was going to bring it back to sanity and he ran right smack into the liberal legislature and the unions and they humbled his ass. He was basically powerless...they used his "willing to compromise" against him and put him on a leash.

I think California will become essentially a two class society...the wealthy elite and the pond scum. The only middle class that will remain will be farmers who are subsidized one way or another to keep them from bailing out. The bigger cities will become intolerable unless you live in a gated community. Heck...I left there nearly 30 years ago because it was already getting sketchy...and I lived in a nice neighborhood.

I'll never forget going thru Tijuana in 1972...I was only a kid, but I thought "How could it have gotten this bad?".

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Remember Schwarzenegger? He was supposed to be this conservative stalwart that was going to bring it back to sanity and he ran right smack into the liberal legislature and the unions and they humbled his ass. He was basically powerless...they used his "willing to compromise" against him and put him on a leash.
    I lived out there then, and I guess you did, too. Was a great time. We recalled the Dem gov and installed Arnold. I thought we had a real chance to save the state. Riding a celebrity populist reformist movement.

The key stopper wasn't even the legislature. He went around them and got 3 petitions on the ballot. They would have transformed CA government. Of course then the unions and Dem party and media went to work and destroyed the momentum. All 3 were trounced.

From then on Arnold moved left. He heard and understood his conservative, genuine govt reformist take wasn't going anywhere. That's when I knew the state was doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I think California will become essentially a two class society...the wealthy elite and the pond scum. The only middle class that will remain will be farmers who are subsidized one way or another to keep them from bailing out. The bigger cities will become intolerable unless you live in a gated community.
    This is the very definition of a third world country. One without a middle class. From the looks of it, they're well on their way. They've already got all of the trash in the streets to go along with it.

13. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    The Bubonic Plague has now made an appearance in California...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bubonic...ests-positive/

"San Francisco's mass exodus: Twice as many homes are for sale compared to last year as people look to leave the city"

https://www.businessinsider.com/twic...andemic-2020-8
    Life is Good

16. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Sad thing is, a lot are coming here and towing their political ideology behind them.

I just keep increasing my land prices on a weekly basis.

I have no need to sell, they have a need to live here, hence--buy.

But no matter the price--it's a steal compared to kommifornia prices and failed lifestyle.

Likely no logical way to MUGA
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Murders are up 29% in New York.

Murders are up 35% in Chicago.

What Democratic shithole are you from?

This is a must watch.... takes under 3 minutes...

https://youtu.be/7S_Xl2eOeeY

20. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    I'd vote for her. That's an awesome campaign ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This is a must watch.... takes under 3 minutes...

https://youtu.be/7S_Xl2eOeeY
    Can you imagine.....?

President: Kim Klacik
    Vice: Candace Owens

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Can you imagine.....?

Obviously, you haven't read the memo. Republicans are racists. Just ask anyone that gets there news from social media.

25. Likes rockgremlin, oldno7 liked this post
    ^^^Don't forget that Republicans are also sexist.

I believe that was bullet point #2 on the memo.

27. Likes devo_stevo, oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Can you imagine.....?

I'd reverse those but good choices...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

29. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^This

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum