Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skating on thin scary beautiful ice

Skating on thin scary beautiful ice

This was shot today at Pineview

This clip has had 100k views on different platforms in under 48 hours, so I must post this:

WARNING: I would feel partially responsible if somebody were to see my video, go skating here without caution and get hurt. These skaters are wearing life jackets, have tethers, and are carrying screwdrivers. The ice on THIS DAY had been tested extensively. Please test your own ice each day, don't try to 1UP this video with something careless. Thanks, and enjoy the clip.

I'm filming, I'm not the ice skater. Everybody thinks it's me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. Likes Rob L liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Do you know how I knew it wasn't You?

That ice would never have supported you!

LMAO

I took the kids up today top check out the ice up close

^^^ That length of rope is very reassuring, lol.

One of these days I'll muster the courage to gather the kids and the rope and drive over the hill to duplicate this photo set. Walking out over frozen lakes gives me the willies.

Did the ice crack at all when you walked out over it?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Nah, no cracks where we were. We could hear it across the lake though, the loud BOIP sounds.

Skating from the grey ice over to the clear ice is very nerve wracking though, because you can see right through the clear ice and you expect to see it crack right under you. But no signs at all, very safe.

Here's a longer cut of the sample, and I've got another video of us skating after this, coming up.

9. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I went up there today. Yes that clear ice makes you pucker for sure but I think it is supposed to be stronger than grey ice.
    Amazing how flat it is.

11. Likes Sombeech, jman liked this post
    Yeah that's what I hear too, clear ice is stronger. I'll tell ya what though, when you're crossing that line from the grey to the clear, it does make you pucker.

This one is possibly my fastest viral video just from my own page. The various news sites like KSL, ABC4, KUTV and other sites have shared it with maybe a couple hundred thousand views.

But I was just contacted by Telemundo tonight. I shall have your respect now.

14. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    This one is possibly my fastest viral video just from my own page. The various news sites like KSL, ABC4, KUTV and other sites have shared it with maybe a couple hundred thousand views.

But I was just contacted by Telemundo tonight. I shall have your respect now.
    I'm fairly certain that they've all got you dialed into their favorites folders and follow your posts on the regular.

I can foresee lucrative opportunities on your horizon.

16. Likes jman liked this post

18. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I am contractually obligated to say that for licensing and usage for this video, contact licensing@viralhog.com

I am also compelled by law to say that I am not allowed within 500 feet of an elementary school for unrelated reasons

I am also compelled by law to say that I am not allowed within 500 feet of an elementary school for unrelated reasons

Alright so my clips have made the big time national media outlets before, even international (Yahoo UK), and now India. INDIA!!! wtf https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/drone-f...unning-1795758

But this time around, I've got the same people that sent my Fall Colors video to Good Morning America and ABC World News, which was Storyful. But I've also got 2 other media hunters asking for the same clip, and I've gotta get creative because it's licensed now with ViralHog. I'm putting together an alternate cut of this footage for Jukin Video as we speak.

Well dammit I had to pass up Reuters in London because I've already signed a licensing agreement

OK I had to get a little creative. I've had a dozen national / international media outlets asking for exclusive licensing to my "Ice Skating" video. So each published video is unique, with certain frames, scenes, speed of the camera and targets. I've been open and up front with these agencies, telling them that the clip is licensed already, but I could make a cut from the raw footage from the SAME DAY same location, and I could come up with a different version of the video, technically it would be different footage and no licensing copyright issues.

So I've got a Google Drive directory with my Raw footage, and I've told them they can choose their own clips and can make their own video. This part is the bonus, as they are doing the video production work for me, and paying me at the same time! So far, 3 of them have accepted that method.

Here are just some of the requests I've received via Facebook Messenger. I think I need to start putting my contact info on each popular video, and some conditions of licensing. I've definitely learned a thing or two this time around.

Name:  Screenshot_2018-01-05-08-49-23-1.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2018-01-05-08-50-53-1.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2018-01-05-08-53-14-1.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  110.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2018-01-05-08-55-15-1.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  122.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2018-01-05-08-52-40-1.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  70.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2018-01-05-08-49-50-1.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  86.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2018-01-05-08-51-41-1.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  95.0 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2018-01-05-08-50-25-1.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  107.6 KB

24. Likes qedcook liked this post
    Take them for all they have. The press make only slightly less money than the Government

(and I'm not specifying which press or which Government; they're the same the world over)

26. Likes Sombeech liked this post

I need help with some trolling comments:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...video-comments
    Photoshopped...

So you somehow duped over a dozen news agencies into believing your clip was real...and I suppose the moon landings were faked in a warehouse at Area 51 too, right?

Doesn't matter how compelling your evidence is, there will always be a percentage of the population that won't believe the truth even when you dangle it right in front of them. Don't waste your time trying to convince stupid people.

^^^THIS was my thought, who cares what others think. Just enjoy your hobby and laugh all the way to the bank.