Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hatch

Also, I believe it to be a smart move on his part. He is widely unpopular here and I think it would be a challenge for him to retain the seat as much as everyone thinks you could run a steel pole versus a democrat and still win. Alabama did it, no reason Utah couldn't. It's absurd to think any midterm election is off the table.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

As of today Mitt will be the next Senator from Utah. It's a 100% lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    No dispute there. Like I said, Hatch was done, he's saving the seat.

I think it's lame. It's not a kingship that you choose who you pass it to... But I agree. Unless Iceaxe runs for the seat...

Quote Originally Posted by qedcook View Post
    I think it's lame. It's not a kingship that you choose who you pass it to... But I agree. Unless Iceaxe runs for the seat...
    Hahaha... the current liberal media would crucify me if I ran for office as I've been known to tell an off color joke or two and grab my fair share of pussy....

...That and I'm much to honest to ever be a politician.

There are rumblings that Mia Love might be interested in Hatch's seat. I'd much prefer her to Mittens.

9. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    There are rumblings that Mia Love might be interested in Hatch's seat. I'd much prefer her to Mittens.
    She might be doing the math. Ben could unseat her. He might be too junior for a Senate slot. I don't find her overly sharp. That said, having heard her speak in person a few months back, she did surprise me although her message kinda sucked. She did deliver it well. Hatch was at the same event. He looked old. Helped on the stage by his handlers. Secret Service guys were funny (suckin' up the free food). Black SUV parade. Hatch told that old tired Mormans-in-Heaven joke. Didn't play well. Dunno. Maybe he was tired.

Poor Jenny Wilson. Honestly, if Mitt runs, she oughta just drop. Why waste the time/money?

Be a heck of a lot more interesting if Mitt didn't run. Dunno. We'll see if he does.

11. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    The worst kept secret in Washington is finally verified.

Mitt Romney launches US Senate campaign in video praising Utahns, criticizing federal dysfunction
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46262895&nid=148

This is a done deal in Utah as no Democrat can challenge him.

This is a done deal in Utah as no Democrat can challenge him.
    Yeah, the chances of a Democrat winning that position in Utah are about zero.

PS, my brother is married to Chris Buttars' daughter. Chris Buttars is proof than any Republican can win against any Democrat in Utah (except for the mayor of Salt Lake an a few other rare exceptions).
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Wow... this is a surprise. I guess I'm not the only person in the never Mittens crowd.... Mitt was first loser at the GOP convention. It looks like his 2016 Trump rants might bite him in the ass. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy....

Mitt Romney faces Senate primary in Utah after state GOP convention setback

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...n-setback.html

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Thats great news, don't really need an easterner pretending to represent Utah values.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    carpetbagger for sure
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

17. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Wow... this is a surprise. I guess I'm not the only person in the never Mittens crowd.... Mitt was first loser at the GOP convention. It looks like his 2016 Trump rants might bite him in the ass. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy....

Mitt Romney faces Senate primary in Utah after state GOP convention setback

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...n-setback.html
    The only problem with this is the Republican convention is known for nothing but total conservative nut jobs. He'll win the runoff handily.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    The only problem with this is the Republican convention is known for nothing but total conservative nut jobs. He'll win the runoff handily.
    Yup. This is how we got Mr. "short sale" himself. No way Lee would have beat Bennett in an actual primary.

The majority of Mormon GOP that I know, are not fans of Trump. They may have voted for him, but they'd prefer Mitt.

Mitt is without doubt the local media's candidate of choice, I don't think he's the citizens candidate of choice.... kinda like Hillary, but different.

I don't think Mitt is nearly as popular as the local media, and national media for that matter, would like you to believe. Oldno7 nailed it with carpetbagger.

Anyhoo.... we shall see, as that's why they play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post

The majority of Mormon GOP that I know, are not fans of Trump. They may have voted for him, but they'd prefer Mitt.
    This is me. I voted for Trump, I'm not a fan of him as opposed to many of his policies of which I am a fan, and yes, I'd prefer Mitt.

My prediction, Mitt will win and it won't even be close.
    Life is Good

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46324953&ni...pastor-a-bigot

Welp, any chance Kennedy had of beating Romney just went down the drain.

I'm trying to figure out the thought process on this one. "Hey, you know that pastor who routinely insults the deeply held religious beliefs of 80% of our constituency? Well let's jump on his bandwagon!"

Sounds like even the pastor thought it to be strange thing to say, in his interview with Fox News...

Whoever advised him to to that should be fired.

So me choice for Senator is a Carpet bagger, a dumbass or a total retard....

....things are not looking good.