Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hatch

Hatch

This is funny... Good to see him so savvy at 83.

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Oops-Sen-Orrin-Hatch-Thanks-Salt-Lake-Tribune-12455361.php

Orrin Hatch @OrrinHatch Grateful for this great Christmas honor from the Salt Lake Tribune. For the record, I voted for @SpencerJCox and @rudygobert27. #utpol
    12:25 PM - Dec 25, 2017

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post

Orrin Hatch @OrrinHatch Grateful for this great Christmas honor from the Salt Lake Tribune. For the record, I voted for @SpencerJCox and @rudygobert27. #utpol
    12:25 PM - Dec 25, 2017
    "In 1976, in his first run for public office, Hatch was elected to the United States Senate, defeating Democrat Frank Moss, a three-term incumbent. Among other issues, Hatch criticized Moss's 18-year tenure in the Senate, saying "What do you call a Senator who's served in office for 18 years? You call him home."[9] Hatch ran on the promise of term limits[10] and argued that many Senators, including Moss, had lost touch with their constituents.[11]"

This becomes more riotous every day....

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Hatch and Garn provided me with my nominations to West Point (US Army Military Academy) in ~1985. I too think he has served too long and needs to now step aside. Utah needs true representation, not this dinosaur that now only votes for himself and/or his wallet.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

5. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    You guys do realize that if Hatch steps down we'll be stuck with Mitt Romney don't You?

I'd vote for a turd in a punch bowl before I'd ever support Romney.

So... I'm really hoping Hatch sticks around. YMMV

7. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    Hatch and Garn provided me with my nominations to West Point (US Army Military Academy) in ~1985. I too think he has served too long and needs to now step aside. Utah needs true representation, not this dinosaur that now only votes for himself and/or his wallet.
    Yes, I'm concerned cause my Dad has just turned 90. Still in pretty good shape but simply no longer understands current issues that impact younger people and families. Always talks about how he doesn't understand why so many women work and don't stay home like it was back in the day. I suppose I'll lose touch when I'm that age, I'm already worried Hatch has lost touch 20 years ago. I'd be down for Mitt for sure as an Alternate in the Primary and Jenny Wilson would make a fine democratic candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    You guys do realize that if Hatch steps down we'll be stuck with Mitt Romney don't You?

I'd vote for a turd in a punch bowl before I'd ever support Romney.

What's your beef with Mitt?

Asking for a friend...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post

Asking for a friend...
    Too reasonable? Too agreeable? Cause Obama copied his health plan as Governor?

Duh, That's Obama's fault, not Mitt's.

He is a two faced hypocrit.

It's Matt's relationship with Trump I have problems with. I have no problem with the fact that Mitt hates Trump, I have a problem with the fact he sucked up to Trump and took his money, and kissed his ass, when it benefited Mitt.

Sorry, but I just can't respect that and find the ethics intolerable. You would hope the GOP learned it's lesson in Alabama where they ran a highly flawed candidate and lost a race that was impossible to lose (also see Democrats 2016 presidential candidate).

Perhaps my best personal example is back when I was racing motorcycles professionally, I would not accept sponsorship money or contingency money from business or products I didn't believe in. Many professional athlete's do the same, and many just take the money and say public beware. To each his own I guess.

I'd argue that if Hatch does run against Jenny Wilson, it'll be very very close. Hatch's disapproval rating in early October was at 50%, it's likely gone higher with all the nonsense he's pulled with Trump. Pundits are already predicting a potential seat change with Mia Love's seat, Dems are running McAdams who's pretty popular. Definitely looking forward to 2018. I think the current delegation is in for a surprise.

I'd argue that if Hatch does run against Jenny Wilson, it'll be very very close. Hatch's disapproval rating in early October was at 50%, it's likely gone higher with all the nonsense he's pulled with Trump. Pundits are already predicting a potential seat change with Mia Love's seat, Dems are running McAdams who's pretty popular. Definitely looking forward to 2018. I think the current delegation is in for a surprise.
    ROFLMAO... please stop, the humor is killing me....

You seriously believe a Democrat stands a snowballs chance in hell of winning a congressional seat in Utah? That's just too funny. Utah is the reddest state in the country. In the current political climate Republicans could run a goat for office and would still win.

Here is my current prediction of how the 2018 mid terms will go...

Republicans will pick up seats in the Senate. Republicans will lose seats in the house but still maintain a majority. Which again leaves Republicans controlling all three branches of government and Democrats will be left with nothing to do but continue to chase the Russian unicorn.

/bookmarked

Here is my current prediction of how the 2018 mid terms will go...

Republicans will pick up seats in the Senate. Republicans will lose seats in the house but still maintain a majority. Which again leaves Republicans controlling all three branches of government and Democrats will be left with nothing to do but continue to chase the Russian unicorn.

/bookmarked
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-generic-ballot-polls/

In what world do Republicans pick up any seats in 2018?

In what world do Republicans pick up any seats in 2018?
    Simple math and a little commonsense will tell you how the Senate races will play out. There are 34 Senate seats up for grabs at the 2018 mid terms.

Democrats have 26 seats they must defend, 10 of which are in traditional red states Trump won.

Republicans have only 8 seats they must defend, and only one of those seats is in a state that voted for Hillary.

Republicans will pick up two or three seats overall in the Senate.

Also the way the majority of people vote is pretty simple. They ask themselves if their life is better or worse than last election. With stocks soaring, unemployment falling, wages increasing and taxes decreasing I'm guessing most people will be fat, dumb and happy to vote for little change. YMMV

Republicans could run a goat for office and would still win.
    ....this kind of goat?

Name:  gote.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  15.7 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

....this kind of goat?

Name:  gote.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  15.7 KB
    If her fantasy football luck carries over she would be a lock.

Hatch to retire, looks like we get stuck with Mittens.

#Judas

I'm a Mitt fan so I'm okay with getting "stuck" with him. :)
    Life is Good

23. Likes ratagonia, jman liked this post
    Is it a forgone conclusion with Mitt? The reason I could see him running for the seat would be to challenge Trump for the 2020 nomination. Bannon is already suggesting Mormons don't believe in the real Jesus (as if anything religious in nature isn't open to interpretation).