Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BYU Football 2018

The MWC would love to have BYU.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The one thing that BYU has been good at since going independent is with scheduling good teams early in the year. The problem is they can't win them so the season is a little anticlimactic by mid September most years. The next 2 years look pretty rough though. Unless they can pull of an upset or 2 they could be staring at 0-4 and 2-6 to start the year, followed by 4 terrible teams. 2020 is a little more balanced throughout the year, but unless they really get better they will be staring at another 6 loss season.

What a terrible bowl for BYU. Who wants to play in Boise in late December in front of a few dozen fans? On that hideous blue turf no less. If I was a player I'd fake an injury.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    What a terrible bowl for BYU. Who wants to play in Boise in late December in front of a few dozen fans? On that hideous blue turf no less. If I was a player I'd fake an injury.
    BYU's crappy team should draw a good crowd in Boise. The lower portion of that state is as Mormon as most of Utah and has a lot of "Breed Em Young" fans.

The Fry Sauce Bowl

It was crazy to see Fresno State beat Boise State on the blue turf in the snow for the championship. Wow!

Wow... How the mighty have fallen. WMU played in the Cotton Bowl just two years ago!

Climb-Utah.com

BYU AD Tom Holmoe: Cougars 'back on track,' Kalani Sitake 'building champions culture'

For Sitake, who has one more year left on his contract, his overall record is 19-19, so his career mark as a head coach will go one way or the other Friday.

“Jumping out to a 20-0 lead at Utah,” he said. “Even though we lost the game, it proved to the players they are very close,” said Holmoe, who answered several questions about the football program from the Deseret News via email. “He’s made good progress on building a champions culture in Year 3, and I feel confident success on the field will follow.”

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...s-culture.html

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    BYU AD Tom Holmoe: Cougars 'back on track,' Kalani Sitake 'building champions culture'

For Sitake, who has one more year left on his contract, his overall record is 19-19, so his career mark as a head coach will go one way or the other Friday.

“Jumping out to a 20-0 lead at Utah,” he said. “Even though we lost the game, it proved to the players they are very close,” said Holmoe, who answered several questions about the football program from the Deseret News via email. “He’s made good progress on building a champions culture in Year 3, and I feel confident success on the field will follow.”

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...s-culture.html
    Unless Holmoe sees something different. I don't see too many wins coming up...

Name:  48374820_2168049209882062_297217217261469696_n.png
Views: 354
Size:  47.4 KB

^^^My crystal ball says the Cougars start out the season 0-4, and will be lucky to get 5 wins on the season. 2019 is a tough schedule for them. 2020 is almost as bad -- 4, maybe 5 wins, tops. 2021 is looking like 3, maybe 4 wins.

Unless recruiting picks waaaaaay up (doubtful), it's not looking good.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

They better hope some of those teams have a rebuilding year.

Today we are all Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Today we are all Broncos.
    "We"? Ummm, no...

Life is Good

16. Likes accadacca liked this post

BYU Football 2018

The Cougs are favored by 12 1/2.

I’ll be eating taters with fry sauce during the game.

Final: BYU - 49 WMU -18

QB Zach Wilson: 18/18, 317 yards, 4 TDs. Not bad for a true freshman. Go Cougs!
    Life is Good

19. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Yup... looks like Utah really screwed up taking Tuttle over Wilson.

21. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Congrats to the BYU Tigers!!!

Watch this video...

https://twitter.com/JJSportsBeat/sta...80977477890050
    It’s the hair......
    Life is Good

24. Likes accadacca liked this post

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.